Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Hands Off' Graduate J1 Visa Provider

Options
  • 14-07-2015 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

I know some do employment checks etc., anyone have any good experiences where they weren't watched too closely or had their head wrecked:P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

You means ones that break the terms of the visa and the law around it putting them , you and the existence of the program in danger?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

You means ones that break the terms of the visa and the law around it putting them , you and the existance of the program in danger?

*existence

And no, I didn't get a degree to tend bar - I am looking for an office job but I don't like red tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

stainluss wrote: »
    *existence

And no, I didn't get a degree to tend bar - I am looking for an office job but I don't like red tape.

Thanks for the grammar/spelling lesson, i did write it @ 6:30 am.

You have to abide by the restrictions of the visa, so does your employer. A lot of life in the US centers around pointless red tape.

The J1 graduate visa is for internships. The employer has to abide by the restrictions of the program and that includes making sure all the paper work on their end and yours is above board. They can get in trouble if they don't follow the rules, and so could you.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 El Burro Juicioso

stainluss wrote: »
    *existence

Would also be wise to consider any messing around and subsequent expulsion from the country would be pretty damaging to any chance of holidaying/working there again.

I'm also not fond of the old red tape, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do... especially if it isn't your country and you realistically have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

How likely is it that the J1 won't be around anymore after 2016?
    I thought it strange that it was just a 2 year extension from 2014. I ask as I was thinking of doing a Masters and maybe then I could get work before I left here...

• Advertisement
Advertisement