Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Toddler to a different creche

Options
  • 14-07-2015 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi,

I am wondering does anyone have any experience of this? My child is in a private crèche and I pay €740 a month for 3.5 days. We both love the crèche, the minders and the kids. My child has made great friends there and comes out with big smiles. However, I am struggling a bit financially and am probably able to apply for the community crèche which is roughly €80 a week. However, I've heard level of care isn't as good. I feel guilty for thinking of moving my child because they are so happy. But I get no help from the father and I don't want to work full time as I would never see my child then. My child will be two soon so it's still young enough but am I over worrying about the change if it were to happen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The child will adjust quickly enough. Sure they'll be moving to school as well at some point, it's not like he'll be in the same environment til he's 18.

Whether it's a good creche or not is up to you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends on the Creche as to how good it is . kids adapt easily .

Advertisement