Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKC Registration

Options
  • 14-07-2015 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi there - we recently bought an English Springer Spaniel pup. We knew in advance that she was not IKC registered. I've just found out that her dad IS registered. Does anyone know if I can register her with the IKC with just this?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

No, unfortunately both parents need to be registered with the ikc and to my knowledge it needs to be done by the breeder

• Registered Users Posts: 27 oneillsa

OK. Thank you. Do you know if it's possible for me to still enter my dog for competitions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Have you considered agility?
    Springer scan be great at agility, and there are lots of clubs and competitions.
    You just have to start with basic training and when the dog is older 8months to a year I think, start the agility training.
    Great fun too, there are also obedience competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 oneillsa

Thank you mymo. Agility is exactly what I'm hoping to do, just not sure where to start. Can you recommend any clubs? We're starting puppy training this weekend, so hopefully the trainer there will able to advise too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Ask around your area,mothers are lots of clubs, but the dog has to be over a certain age to start, finished growing I think as it's hard work and you don't want to damage joints in a growing pup. Some boardsies do agility so maybe ask in a new thread.

But obedience can start from the day the dog arrives, work on getting eye contact, the basic commands, recall, and get the advice of an agility club on where to go from there

• Advertisement
Advertisement