Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Mortgage Approval Question

Options
  • 14-07-2015 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi

I just got a call today from Bank of Ireland mortgage department to inform me that our mortgage application has been successful. We applied over the phone followed by emails to an adviser regarding bank statements, P60 figures and balance on current mortgage. I also had a lengthy telephone appointment last week to go through loans/reason for moving/expenditure etc.

During the approval phone call today, the girl said the mortgage adviser would be in contact from our local branch to discuss further but shes on annual leave at the moment. In the meantime, a loan offer will be posted out to us. She said our application had passed the underwriters scrutiny.

We have applied to all the other banks too but with hard copy documentation and salary certs etc. Has anyone been through this unique application process with BOI and could fill me in a bit more?

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,876 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My BOI offer - in 2012 - was similar in that I was given firm (not "in principle") approval based on the documentation being forthcoming and accurate to what I'd told them on the phone.

I had to send in a salary cert, payslip, disavowal of rights on a gift, and savings account statements - as these were in Danske - after the fact. As all matched what I said, drawdown was allowed.

The advisor in the branch was about as useful as a chocolate teapot; the normal advisor was off and her replacement wasn't really aware of the processes at all but seeing as lending had only just resumed at any level after the crash its possible she just hadn't had to do many - or any!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 andym10

hi,

I've just begun the process with BOI and have a call with the credit team set up, could you let me know what they discuss on the call?

Thanks

Advertisement