Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Coverage

Options
  • 14-07-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi, I was on to you recently (April I think) regarding my broadband coverage/strength. <snip> is my account number. Can you have a look there and check the strength of the line and to see if there's any issue with it again. I rang eircom to lodge a call, I was told that eircom wouldn't need to come into the house and that the problem was outside. The day of the booking I came home from work and there was an eircom "we missed you" note. I'm not sure if the problem was fixed, he wanted to access the house but we were gone to work. I know it's July now but the speeds are up and down, no real consistency 15 MB to 30MB, Can you look into this for me ? I'm supposedly able to get 50MB but I've never seen anywhere close to this. I'd appreciate any information you have.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

BPH wrote: »
    Hi, I was on to you recently (April I think) regarding my broadband coverage/strength. <snip> is my account number. Can you have a look there and check the strength of the line and to see if there's any issue with it again. I rang eircom to lodge a call, I was told that eircom wouldn't need to come into the house and that the problem was outside. The day of the booking I came home from work and there was an eircom "we missed you" note. I'm not sure if the problem was fixed, he wanted to access the house but we were gone to work. I know it's July now but the speeds are up and down, no real consistency 15 MB to 30MB, Can you look into this for me ? I'm supposedly able to get 50MB but I've never seen anywhere close to this. I'd appreciate any information you have.
    Good morning BPH

I've looked in to this in detail and I can confirm that my tests show that there is indeed an issue with your line.

My test results indicate that this would certainly be causing the difficulties you are experiencing and the issue on the line really does seem to be located externally.

This will need to be logged to engineers to asses and resolve. Please contact the broadband support center to log the issues. You can contact technical support via instant Webchat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow or on free phone 1901.

Once the issue is logged for engineers you will receive a reference number and the average timeframe for a full resolution can take up to four working days,

If you have any problems in contacting technical support please let me know. Also, once you have logged the fault please PM me and I'll keep my eye on this (and the progress) for you.

Many thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭BPH

Hi, my Eircom broadband speeds are very slow again. This is an ongoing issue and if this goes on I'll have to look else where, my current speed is 3.8mb. I'm paying for 50mb. I got new router while ago and obviously making no difference. My account number is 12405289. I've rang couple times and strength is still poor. I'll have to look else where if this keeps up.
    Good morning BPH

I've looked in to this in detail and I can confirm that my tests show that there is indeed an issue with your line.

My test results indicate that this would certainly be causing the difficulties you are experiencing and the issue on the line really does seem to be located externally.

This will need to be logged to engineers to asses and resolve. Please contact the broadband support center to log the issues. You can contact technical support via instant Webchat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow or on free phone 1901.

Once the issue is logged for engineers you will receive a reference number and the average timeframe for a full resolution can take up to four working days,

If you have any problems in contacting technical support please let me know. Also, once you have logged the fault please PM me and I'll keep my eye on this (and the progress) for you.

Many thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi BPH

I'm sorry to hear of this. I have looked in to your account and see no recent notes of calls to the eir technical support team. I'm aware that you mentioned you call them already, can you advise me what they done or advised on the call?

Thanks
    Al

I rang about 2-3 months ago, I'll know for definite because I got a new router sent to me in the post. I can check the delivery date on the box because it's still in the house to be sure. When I rang, the lad on the phone did the usual checks, I was asked to plug the router in through a laptop to check the speeds, after 10 minutes of checking the diagnosis was faulty router, got new one, changed it and it's been bad for the last few days. I've attached a screen shot of how poor it is. My phone is faster without using broadband. Keep me posted. As I said before I'm paying for 50MB which never happens, I'll be expecting in or around 20. 

I rang about 2-3 months ago, I'll know for definite because I got a new router sent to me in the post. I can check the delivery date on the box because it's still in the house to be sure. When I rang, the lad on the phone did the usual checks, I was asked to plug the router in through a laptop to check the speeds, after 10 minutes of checking the diagnosis was faulty router, got new one, changed it and it's been bad for the last few days. I've attached a screen shot of how poor it is. My phone is faster without using broadband. Keep me posted. As I said before I'm paying for 50MB which never happens, I'll be expecting in or around 20. 
    Thanks BPH

Yes I see you contacted eir in July. I have run some basic tests which show that there may well be an issue with your line although requires further investigation by our technical support team. Please contact the technical support department on free phone 1901 for assistance in resolving your speed issues. You can also reach technical support via WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Thanks BPH

Yes I see you contacted eir in July. I have run some basic tests which show that there may well be an issue with your line although requires further investigation by our technical support team. Please contact the technical support department on free phone 1901 for assistance in resolving your speed issues. You can also reach technical support via WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al
    Hi, to be honest I've rang before and nothing was done about it so I'm not bothered in ringing again. If the problem doesn't get better I'll look else where. I'm with you for over a year and this isn't the first time the signal has dropped. I know this is nothing that you can do to solve the problem. I'll wait until after the weekend and make my opinion after that. Thanks for your help.

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Thanks BPH

Thanks
    Al
    Hi, to be honest I've rang before and nothing was done about it so I'm not bothered in ringing again. If the problem doesn't get better I'll look else where. I'm with you for over a year and this isn't the first time the signal has dropped. I know this is nothing that you can do to solve the problem. I'll wait until after the weekend and make my opinion after that. Thanks for your help.
    I am very sorry to hear this but this issue can be resolved by the technical support team BPH

I highly recommend calling support on free phone 1901 or getting in touch via Instant WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement