Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This game is driving me crazy. Just on the second mission, Italy I think. Took forever to get through Paris, ended up poisoning then drowning your man in the jacks and just garroting the woman after getting into her room. Too many reload saves for my liking. No matter what I do I seem to get spotted. I have no idea how to play it being honest. Any tips for a Hitman novice (I did play a bit of Absolution but gave up for similar reasons). The concept is really cool but the implementation is much tougher than I had expected.

Think outside the box :)

Sapienza is one of the best missions, best thing you can do it play it in sections.

1st snipe the dude from the church wearing a gaurds uniform, you have options at the beginning on how to obtain the sniper rifle.

Then go to the church and wait for the scientist to go to the morgue murder her and get the keycard.

Change outfits enter the lab as scientist, clear out a few lads and hiding their bodies before disabling whatever you disable.

Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Think outside the box :)

Sapienza is one of the best missions, best thing you can do it play it in sections.

1st snipe the dude from the church wearing a gaurds uniform, you have options at the beginning on how to obtain the sniper rifle.

Then go to the church and wait for the scientist to go to the morgue murder her and get the keycard.

Change outfits enter the lab as scientist, clear out a few lads and hiding their bodies before disabling whatever you disable.

Done.

I suppose it's definitely gonna require a complete readjustment to how I play games. So used to just steaming into places rather than sitting back and observing. I'm trying to do it with no non target kills (probably too optimistic on first play through ha). I'll keep trying and hopefully it clicks. Thanks for the info there, will keep it in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looking at the compound, there is a catering van to the right, listen to the conversation, follow one of the staff, KO them, take their uniform, stroll into the compound as catering staff (drop your gun before going in as you'll be searched) once in, head to the kitchen, follow some instructions and you'll have a chance to possible food and get close to one of the targets.

Also, the building next to the catering van holds a safe house you can use to collect items that will help in the mission including an exploding golf ball. Handy that one of the targets plays golf.

There are a ton of ways to complete reach mission, exploring the level notes possibilities for kills that you can choose to track in order to find out what to do next. I'd recommend do that until you can get used to how the game works and figure out your own kills. Really worth giving it a proper go, very satisfying when it all works out.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Looking at the compound, there is a catering van to the right, listen to the conversation, follow one of the staff, KO them, take their uniform, stroll into the compound as catering staff (drop your gun before going in as you'll be searched) once in, head to the kitchen, follow some instructions and you'll have a chance to possible food and get close to one of the targets.

Also, the building next to the catering van holds a safe house you can use to collect items that will help in the mission including an exploding golf ball. Handy that one of the targets plays golf.

There are a ton of ways to complete reach mission, exploring the level notes possibilities for kills that you can choose to track in order to find out what to do next. I'd recommend do that until you can get used to how the game works and figure out your own kills. Really worth giving it a proper go, very satisfying when it all works out.

Understand that. While only the final chapter of the prologue, the amount of achievements (not something I'm ever interested in) that popped up was satisfying. Wasn't detected at all during that and ejected him from a plane so no body to be found. Thought I'd really get into it after that. Even the Paris one managed to get the Fashion designer undetected then kill his body guard. Suppose this morning I was rushing it as I didn't really walk around the place at all. Few blocks back (opposite direction of mansion) and anytime I went for someone for a disguise folks would walk by or they'd be alerted me so got very frustrating. I'll keep at it.

Yeah that's the other side, it is very very hard to go undetected the whole thing. In Sapaienza, I mentioned to get to the very last Room undetected, I've last objective before making my escape. Walking up to objective, done guy said hey who are you and hurried off. I did it, i thought. Had to sit my way out of there, was so close. Usually if I'm found, i treat it as a game over state and I reload the last checkpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

This game is driving me crazy. Just on the second mission, Italy I think. Took forever to get through Paris, ended up poisoning then drowning your man in the jacks and just garroting the woman after getting into her room. Too many reload saves for my liking. No matter what I do I seem to get spotted. I have no idea how to play it being honest. Any tips for a Hitman novice (I did play a bit of Absolution but gave up for similar reasons). The concept is really cool but the implementation is much tougher than I had expected.

I don't know if this helps but I found that more than some previous Hitman titles, it really is a game of patience and observation.

Some of my hits have taken north of an hour as you really have to bide your time. I think the game more than ever punishes small mistakes or charging towards hits. I also found some hit variations on the same target a lot easier than others so if you're finding an approach tricky, there's probably another you can take. In Paris for example you can either get close to the first target and kill or use a sniper rifle from a far away tower.

More than any other game though, it's about patience.

In Sapienze you can also impersonate the cook as his flat is right next door to the compound.

In Paris I dropped a chandelier on him undetected :D

Yeah the Paris one took me about an hour and a half and likewise, anytime I was spotted I saved and reloaded. Later when I put it on again I'm going to take my time exploring the level and once I know my way around it I might restart it with some idea odd where to go and what I want to do.

I'm looking out for the HD trilogy on PS3. Is that worth a purchase if any of you have played it?

Yeah the Paris one took me about an hour and a half and likewise, anytime I was spotted I saved and reloaded. Later when I put it on again I'm going to take my time exploring the level and once I know my way around it I might restart it with some idea odd where to go and what I want to do.

I'm looking out for the HD trilogy on PS3. Is that worth a purchase if any of you have played it?

Have them all and Absolution is the worst of them all, 5 is best seconded by Blood Money (Controversial :D )

When you finish the game you can play challenges on every level to do different things ie Complete the mission wearing your suit for the entire level << thats hard.

Best advice I can give is follow the opportunities, worth exploring them all but find one and stick to it. The best one in Paris is
    timing it so you can push the woman off the balcony on to the guy below and scoring a two for one

Also once you complete it you will get different entry points and starting disguises making later attempts easier. Also learning where and how far you can push the disguises is crucial.

• Advertisement

New hitman announcement in 10 minutes, live video here

https://m.twitch.tv/hitman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    New hitman announcement in 10 minutes, live video here

https://m.twitch.tv/hitman

What a fúcking disaster. Trailer is fragmented and there are serious technical difficulties and then the host forgets the developer's name. IGN are a joke! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sean Bean's gonna die...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Kiith wrote: »

Sean Bean's gonna die...

Think that's a forgone conclusion to his life in general.

All Eyes On Rafah

No more episodes, November 2018 release, preorder now to get instant access to new sniper co-op mode.

Ign made a balls of that, not happy about lack of episodes and I dunno if that sniper game would make me want to preorder today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Pre-Order Bonus

Four days early access to Hitman 2 (only applicable on Gold Edition)
    Hitman: Sniper Assassin – Pre-Order now and get immediate access to play the online co-op Sniper Assassin mode

Silver Edition ($79.99)

Hitman: Sniper Assassin – Pre-Order now and get immediate access to play the online co-op Sniper Assassin mode
    “Executive Pack” downloadable content
    “Expansion 1” downloadable content – Including new locations, missions, Sniper maps, outfits, and weapons

Gold Edition ($99.99)

Four days early access to Hitman 2
    “Executive Pack” downloadable content
    “Expansion 1” and “Expansion 2” downloadable content – Including new locations, missions, Sniper maps, outfits, and weapons

Ugh not liking the look of the model. Also I was watching the sniper mode and it looks like a pretty mobile game game. No way would I pre-order for that. If they gave instant access to an intro level then it might be a different story.

Not happy with this reveal, gonna blame WB.

Anyone play patient zero and recommend it? I see it's 20 quid to upgrade to GOTY and get it but seems a bit much for not even a new location. I saw it's been on sale a few times for a tenner so would wait for it to drop again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Ugh, not this pre-order shite again.

Look at the Steam page... Silver edition gets one expansion, including new location. Location. Singular. Gold edition gets new locations, plural. So an extra €20 over the base price for one map? **** off Warner Bros.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Looks like there's some weird pricing going on compared to our US friends.

On the UK store the breakdown is currently £44.99 for the Standard Edition and then £59.99 and £69.99 for the Silver and Gold versions respectively. So, roughly speaking, that's a fiver for the Executive Pack (probably alternate weapons and/or skins) and then a tenner for each of the expansions.

So in case you didn't already need another reason not to pre-order a game or post-release content these days, at this rate it'll be cheaper to just get the Standard edition and pick up the Expansions when they're released separately after launch.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's 70 euro for standard and 100 for gold for both expansions. Expansions should only be 15 Max tech anyway so you're not saving anything by doing that. **** that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

They've dropped one terrible release model for another. And then called it Hitman 2... You wonder how these kinds of decisions even make it through. But hey they added the briefcase from hitman 1. It only took 2 years and another €60. pre ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Im terrible for pre ordering games.

Holding off on this for now...

Maybe im growing up. Didnt preorder Farcry 5 either.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Boo. Made a rookie mistake with the Angel of Death; I wore my "good clothes" when killing her, so I could not hide.

Next time, I'll kill her using compromised clothing, so then I can run and change, and walk away a free man.

I got very lucky with the angel of death, said I'd start as the waiter not even realising I could walk by most guards as one. Took me ages to find her but once I did, I managed to kick her off a roof and leg it, no one spotted me. Those elusive targets are tense as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

gizmo wrote: »
    Looks like there's some weird pricing going on compared to our US friends.

On the UK store the breakdown is currently £44.99 for the Standard Edition and then £59.99 and £69.99 for the Silver and Gold versions respectively. So, roughly speaking, that's a fiver for the Executive Pack (probably alternate weapons and/or skins) and then a tenner for each of the expansions.

So in case you didn't already need another reason not to pre-order a game or post-release content these days, at this rate it'll be cheaper to just get the Standard edition and pick up the Expansions when they're released separately after launch.

But we still don't have an expansion price. It could cost more. Hopefully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Hitman episode 3 available to download tomorrow for free

https://twitter.com/hitman/status/1018827595830312960?s=21

One of the best levels in the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The levels from Hitman are coming to Hitman 2, free for owners of season 1. It uses the updated engine and features, like the better crowds, the suitcase, etc.

A nice touch, to be honest. I was wondering how they were going to handle the whole "Season 1" thing from the last game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Advertisement