Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman 5

Options

Comments

Watched some of the footage of the beta. Visually I wasn't next gen impressed but I'm a gameplay first type anyway. It doesn't look like the gameplay has moved on at all it's a mix of absolution and blood money only larger map which is ok I guess I wasn't expecting it to be too different.

The on screen prompts as to the the state of awareness of the the guards and the now mandatory "hitman vision" annoyed me a lot. is that limited ? assassins creed used that and rise of the tomb raider too and I felt like it made thegames easier than they needed to be and a way to spot collectibles instead of proper design were you had a to figure something out and the clues were there and get penalised for using it. Guess those days are gone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Guess those days are gone :p

If those days are truly gone from these 'stealth' games then so are the days of me buying them. Pro mode should have every single hint, notification or otherwise 'streamlined' stealth abilities disabled. It's disappointing how max difficulty setting is often easier than earlier game's easiest mode, requiring mods or config changes to bring up the challenge to reasonable levels beyond "I'm a parent playing this on the weekend with 2 hours to spare."

If those days are truly gone from these 'stealth' games then so are the days of me buying them. Pro mode should have every single hint, notification or otherwise 'streamlined' stealth abilities disabled. It's disappointing how max difficulty setting is often easier than earlier game's easiest mode, requiring mods or config changes to bring up the challenge to reasonable levels beyond "I'm a parent playing this on the weekend with 2 hours to spare."

I had to mute the sound on the video I watched of the beta as they were really annoying :D So no idea what difficulty they were playing on. I've no major problem with all that stuff as long as it's not forced on you. The game should be accessible to all from those how want to play for the experience to those who play for a challenge. Hopefully there is also a no/minimum hud setting too.

Maybe someone here who's played it can shed some light on hardest difficulty :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

If I buy the starter pack on the PSN store do I get access to the beta or has it been disabled now? Haven't anything planned for the evening and would like to give it a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I tried the beta and wasn't impressed. Same ole same ole. Nothing ground breaking and the shooting mechanics feel worse than previous games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Battleflag wrote: »
    If I buy the starter pack on the PSN store do I get access to the beta or has it been disabled now? Haven't anything planned for the evening and would like to give it a go

There is an open beta on PSN for everyone next weekend, well Plus members.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finding it kind of boring tbh. Something about it, just doesn't have the charm of the first few games. I played through the missions a couple of times and have no desire to play again.

Thought I'd have my hands full with this and uncharted beta this weekend but both are just dull imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yep, very disappointed with this effort. I thought they had learned what made Hitman good. Blood Money is still the best title in the series.

The controls in this don't help either, they are the worst of any Hitman game I've played, they just don't feel right. At times I have to wonder who play testes and approve these projects before they get so far. Clearly no one that has ever played the other games in the series anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Feel the same.

My biggest issue is that stupid instinct mode. I don't even care if it's configurable, it shouldn't even be in the game. The player is just going to spam it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

As someone who's only experience with the series is Absolution, what I seen in the beta seemed like a step backwards in a lot of ways.

The visual design and level design were quite underwhelming. I found the A.I was poor too, I got spotted several times by A.I that literally had their backs to me. The addition of slow motion shooting annoyed me also. It really ruins the satisfaction of taking out a few people with headshots when it's easier to do.

tok9 wrote: »
    Feel the same.

My biggest issue is that stupid instinct mode. I don't even care if it's configurable, it shouldn't even be in the game. The player is just going to spam it.

Is it disabled on higher difficulty ??? People complain about games holding players hands but a reveal-all-o-vision button seems to be becoming standard now :mad:

Hitman was all about finding a way, not being shown one ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I don't mean this in an insulting way, but why do people feel obliged to use instinct mode? It's a button you don't need to press. I'm a f*cking moron, but even I was able to play the beta without using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

After reading these post, I'm holding off on purchasing.

Bought subnautica instead. Having great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Got gifted this by an affiliate program, probably give it a stream on release day and see.

humanji wrote: »
    I don't mean this in an insulting way, but why do people feel obliged to use instinct mode? It's a button you don't need to press. I'm a f*cking moron, but even I was able to play the beta without using it.

I understand where you're coming from but the issue isn't just a matter of turning it off. The game design is being built with this feature in mind so they are making this game with the logic that the player will use this.

It's the same way that MGSV was created with that slow motion reaction and due to that they scrapped the radio system. So when one person spotted you, alert goes off instantly. Now to be fair I turned it off in that game (highly recommend everyone does that) and it made the game better but I'm just making the point that those decisions affect other decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

Can you buy this game Epsiode by episode or do you have to buy the whole game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Was playing it on the PS4 and I finished the first mission correctly I think -
    killed the target and successfully left the boat via the cargo area. However it then just starting asking me to kill the target again, went back on the yacht but he was still very much dead.

Was this a glitch or did I miss something.

Overall I'm glad there was the beta, think I can safely keep it off my wish list.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

This is getting some good reviews so far.

Eurogamer has it as a 'recommended' game and score based websites have it around the 8 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Pre-loaded and ready for tomorrow. I hope it's as good as the trailer!

• Advertisement

This is getting some good reviews so far.

Eurogamer has it as a 'recommended' game and score based websites have it around the 8 mark.

Total horse poo , not having a dig your post. How can you review this ? Might as well review a tell tale game based on a season pass and 1st episode.

People have complained that the Division could not be reviewed in parts and now people are complaining that an episode has been reviewed.

You can't do anything without annoying someone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

tok9 wrote: »
    You can't do anything without annoying someone.

The Internet: manufacturing outrage, hysteria, hypocrisy and hyperbole since the mid-90s.

Actually Eurogamer referenced their philosophy behind reviewing it directly at the very top of their review, emphasising that they will indeed be returning for a full review when everything's done (as you'd imagine most sensible, thorough publications will do).
    We will review the full season of Hitman once every episode has been released. But, as it is a systems-driven sandbox game, we feel that there is enough to go on in this initial release to warrant a full Eurogamer verdict.

"A systems-driven sandbox game" that lends itself well to small, self-contained, episodic chunks? Who'd have thunk it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Remember that post 7th Generation AAA games are rated between 6/10 - 10/10. As useless as ratings are, if you're even using them as a reference... factor that into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Total horse poo , not having a dig your post. How can you review this ? Might as well review a tell tale game based on a season pass and 1st episode.

Well this is utter nonsense sorry.

That's like saying you can't review a song, only an album.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

No, from what he's saying it's more like reviewing an entire album by listening to just one song.

That's not the same thing though. It would be more accurate to say it's like reviewing a book based on the first couple of chapters were it turns out later that the book may or may not have been any good because of plot twists or a poor ending.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can't say I've seen any reviews that have looked at it as anything other than the first episode of several? Not really sure what 'plot twist' or failed ending in episode 5 could retroactively render everything that came before it instantly redundant :pac:

Also, television reviewers handle things episodically all the time, unaware of what will happen further down the line and what the bigger picture of a season will look like. They get on just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So hang on how many episodes/levels are available to play now if i buy it ?. Take it the "full experience" on PS store is me paying for the later releases too ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Soby wrote: »
    So hang on how many episodes/levels are available to play now if i buy it ?. Take it the "full experience" on PS store is me paying for the later releases too ?
    Eurogamer did a separate piece on the episodic aspect of the release, it should be of some use to you.

Advertisement