Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

gizmo wrote: »
    Eurogamer did a separate piece on the episodic aspect of the release, it should be of some use to you.

Perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nothing to do with Hitman 5 but still Hitman related so I thought I would post it here.

Nothing to do with Hitman 5 but still Hitman related so I thought I would post it here.

It's better when the chuckle brothers play it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

This is very good so far. Loads of ways to do everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

everyone complaining on STEAM that you are forced to play it while online
    Always-online DRM in a Singleplayer game.

You have to be connected to the Square Enix servers at all times to play singleplayer. If you get disconnected, it will instantly kick you out of your mission.

No stable internet, Steam or server connection issues?
    No challenges/progression, no access to unlocked equipment/costumes/starting locations, no achievements
    If you try to play offline, the game is stripped down to the most basic elements it could possibly be stripped down to. You can't even choose where you begin a mission if you're not logged in, let alone saves, browse equipment, create contracts, run escalation missions (obviously not having access to elusive targets makes sense)... oh, and god forbid you get disconnected or the servers have a brain fart while you're playing a mission...
    Enter this SINGLE Level, prologue aside. For a one time $18.99CAD Fee.
    I like hitman but come on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Crashed on me twice in the last hour on ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

Can anyone explain the mission rating system? I got 5 hitman emblems for Paris. Not sure what it is out of. And there is no name to the rating. Why don't they make these things obvious???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

I'm enjoying the game but the whole connection to servers is crashing my game every 10 mins. I hope they release a patch that fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Ive done the paris mission about 4 times killing the targets in all manner of ways and escaping, afterwards i get my rating and the video plays but then i can't advance to the next mission.
    Anyone know whats up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Ive done the paris mission about 4 times killing the targets in all manner of ways and escaping, afterwards i get my rating and the video plays but then i can't advance to the next mission.
    Anyone know whats up?

Paris is the only mission/location with this release. They're releasing a new location each month with the upgrade pack/full game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Anyone know whats up?

It's an "episodic" game. So you've to wait until next month before playing next level. Read article posted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

It's an "episodic" game. So you've to wait until next month before playing next level. Read article posted above.

Cheers thanks get it now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was initially going to wait until January to get this game. Then I said maybe I'll wait another month or two and just play a chunk of it. But now I'm almost tempted to buy it now.

Is it worth it at the moment? I don't like the idea of playing a small snippet of a game repeatedly and having to wait month after month to continue. As I have quite the low attention span I'll end up not bothering with it. This happened with Telltale's Game Of Thrones. While I bought the whole package, there was still one more episode to be released when I got up to date, at the time. I still haven't turned it back on..

I'm sceptical, to put it short. Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Slightly miffed at the always online part of the game since servers went down for ages on day of launch and nobody could load save games, do challenges etc.

Looks like they aren't going to change the SP DRM always online approach sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

IO Interactive has confirmed that it won't be ready to share its first Elusive Target until closer to the release of Hitman's second episode next month.
    http://www.gamesradar.com/hitman-elusive-target-delayed/

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I've definitely gotten value for 15 quid so far

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm really enjoying this, great replay value. Both the Paris and Sapiennza levels are excellent imo, already looking forward to Marrakesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Anyone else having issues with being disconnected from the server? Bit bummed that the challenges and contracts are linked to the server, main gameplay is very good though.

Well I didn't fancy playing anything from my back catalogue so picked up the intro pack despite my cynicism towards this and is episodic release.

And I have to say I was wrong in my feeling towards it and pleasantly surprised.

It's good, very good maybe. The disguises work like I'd expect unlike absolution , and for me and the way I tend to play games in general.... once through, mop up for achievements and on to the next one , this one being episodic and the massively varied approach you can take means I'll get much more value from it than I expected. I can't move on to the next episode until they are released , forcing me to play the content currently available a bit more than I normally would, 'forcing' it's probably a bad turn of phrase to use but you are not distracted by moving on as you can't meaning you can explore the available content a bit more than say if you had the next level to go and do.

The over all story is weak sauce though from what little has been revealed so far but over all it's very enjoyable to play.

• Advertisement

I have 20 quid psn credit and don't have a clue what to get, very tempted to get the intro pack. The beta was grand, didn't blow me away but i don't think i gave it a proper chance as i was being cynical about the whole episode thing. I lije the sound of above where because you can't move on, you can take your time and explore the area more, collect trophies, get different kills.

Before i pick it up, just want to check about the different modes. Are contracts user generated or just complete random assignments in the same level? I didn't like the super hitman vision spotting where the target is so would be turning that off and the random target could defibrillators add nice gameplay to that.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I have 20 quid psn credit and don't have a clue what to get, very tempted to get the intro pack. The beta was grand, didn't blow me away but i don't think i gave it a proper chance as i was being cynical about the whole episode thing. I lije the sound of above where because you can't move on, you can take your time and explore the area more, collect trophies, get different kills.

Before i pick it up, just want to check about the different modes. Are contracts user generated or just complete random assignments in the same level? I didn't like the super hitman vision spotting where the target is so would be turning that off and the random target could defibrillators add nice gameplay to that.

Trust me you wont turn the vision off, I thought I would too. I was worried it might make things too easy but it really doesn't. What makes the game easier is that the AI seems to be a hell of a lot kinder than previous games, like if you trespass you can break line of sight or back out if you only entered and usually you will be ok. But maybe thats me having spent a few hours in paris now and knowing how far I can push it and use it to cheat the game?

Contracts seem to be the same as absolution user generated and then there are featured ones, but I only just did my 1st one, the escalations which I tried tonight too are really cool. So at level 1 you have a target and a stipulation like kill wearing X and with Y , level 2 you have that same one but an additional objective , steal A from B, level 3 hide all bodies, and so on. There are no saves in this mode so it's really satisfying to put everything you learned during the main mission to use, and work out how to pull off the whole thing in one run by level 5.

I feel I got 14.99 worth out of it so far and 3 achievements to go. the season pass is 49.99 buy will save a whole 4c if you buy them individually unless you get something extra with the pass????

Bought it last night and didn't even touch Paris yet as i want to finish the final test in more ways before moving on. I thought you buy the intro and then the upgrade psck I'd you want any more episodes but then saw you can buy them all separately and at a tenner each when i thought they'd be 15. Gonna head to paris tonight but really enjoying it so far. If paris is better which i hear it is, I'll have no problem posting a tenner for episode 2.

One thing though, in constantly getting disconnected from online. Last night was letting me reconnect straight away but now it's kicking me back to the main menu. Constantly online for single player games is so ****ing stupid. Just auto upload my stats when i finish a level

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    One thing though, in constantly getting disconnected from online. Last night was letting me reconnect straight away but now it's kicking me back to the main menu. Constantly online for single player games is so ****ing stupid. Just auto upload my stats when i finish a level

That must be a psn issue, hasn't happened once for me on xbox.

The Paris level is so complex, huge amount of things going on. Followed the targets for ages and it feels like theres a lot of stuff happening in the background. I kept getting disconnected though, about 15 times in total with 4 of those kicking me back to the main menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I replayed Paris a lot and enjoyed it. Went to play Italy last night but I got disconnected twice so gave up

3 days of playing and constant disconnections. The ones where it gives me a chance to reconnect are annoying as it sucks you out of the game but the ones where it kicks you back to the main menu is a compete pain in the balls. Happens once about every 15 minutes.

Square Enix told me to contact their customer support. Really enjoying the game but fe like getting to get my money back if possible. I tried playing offline but it disables the challenges and other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

What platform are you playing on, Zero-Cool?

• Advertisement

PS4. No issues with any other game. I'm gonna try keep a note of the disconnections tonight so i can give Square Enix some hopefully useful info they can check against.

Advertisement