Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Doesn't sound like they had to do much to win you back so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

tok9 wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like they had to do much to win you back so.

I very reluctantly made the purchase for just the intro pack on Steam. I can play any game on Steam for 2-3hrs and request a refund if I am not happy so I had nothing to lose with trying it.

I played the intro pack for roughly 20hrs before purchasing the upgrade pack and purchased the intro pack 3 months after launch.

For me, a Hitman fan, that is an incrediblely cautious purchase and the devs had to do a lot to get me to buy the game.

If the devs/publishers hadn't made such a disaster of a launch I would have had it pre-ordered for launch day.

I'm sure there are many like us who didn't buy the BS line the devs attempted to sell us pre launch and the decision to split it up and remain sceptical, and maybe rightly so these days.

I'm glad temptation got the better of me and played it, I was of the mind ah it's only 9.99 to see what it's like ..... 15 of play hours later I got the rest :D

I think this form for release for it definitely rewards someone like me who would normally just play though a game to the end , mop up achievements and move on. I won't like to see it become the norm for the release of games but in this case they took a chance and and for me it works. I've alread put more than twice the time into it as Absolution I'd say.

I did get a survey a few weeks back from them so it also gives them a chance to respond to feedback and alter the game slightly to improve the next episodes.

One think I'd like to see is the elusive targets being made permanent and not timed. They likely will eventually I'd say. Last one in Italy I found really challenging and died making my exit. You can quit and retry but if you die you can't :(

Bonus Summer Episode out tomorrow. Not tied to the story and will have 2 new missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh.

Free for people who have the full game or Intro + Upgrade pack. Will have a paid version later for everyone else and will have 3 missions at that point. So probably released after the Thailand episode in August.

Also after a vote Gary Busey will be this weeks elusive target.

Ha, this should be fun :D

You Have 7 Days to Kill Gary Busey in Hitman, Starting This Week

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/you-have-7-days-to-kill-gary-busey-in-hitman-start/1100-6441909/

• Advertisement

LMAO, watch from 0:25 sec.

Oh reminds me to try this one, I wish they weren't timed. I don't mind you can't save and have to do a perfect run but seems a waste not to let you replay them etc.

Anyone else get a survey email from square/io ?

Mostly focused on the episodic release. I'm one of many who ate their hat over that. Wonder how it's doing for them as I'm sure there are many who didn't bother with it because of the release method. Which is a shame as it's proving to be a worthwhile move , just wish they'd made the elusive targets permanent additions instead of timed. I'm sure they will all be there by the end of the season but still I like the one shot no save element just not the 72 hours and no replay part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

https://steamdb.info/app/236870/history/ http://archive.is/bXhlq

Looks like there might be linux support. I hope this means a simultaneous relaxation of the DRM.

That VHS tape in Sapienza in the house. LMAO when I watched it.

• Advertisement

Anyone else play Thailand yet? Found it very easy on my 1st run blind , found
    exterminator and went with that , gassed both targets at the same time
    and I was out of there. Some interesting looking opportunities but the level as a whole is way too similar to Paris for my liking, disappointingly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Enough of this is out now so:

Is it worth it? €40 on steam inc eps 2 to 7

dreamers75 wrote: »

I've about 50 hours clocked on it so far and don't have the bonus stuff from a few weeks ago. Even if it wasn't episodic I'd say this, if you're the type to just go kill the targets and move to the next level or are looking for really deep story then it's not worth it but I'd guess you're the type to replay this for the challenges or different approaches so for 40 quid I'd say it'd pretty decent value.

I have 55 hours played and I am just on episode 3. Lots and lots to do in every episode. I like it when I replay a mission from another angle and learn something new about the targets or their situation.

I'd agree with the poster above. If you just want to fly through episodes then there isn't much there for you.

Oh that Drop the Bass achievement / trophy in episode 4 is all kinds of rage :mad:

You have to kill both targets at the same time by
    dropping coconuts on them
    ties into one of the opportunities
    you knock everyone out as the bug exterminator then have to drag the 2 unconscious targets into position and shoot the coconuts out of the tree so they fall on them
    easy except for the fact that you get bodies found from people seeing in from adjacent busy rooms, no way to do it clean. Got it eventually after I worked out how to remove the randomness of them both being in the same room. Rage or not I really enjoyed my 15GS for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I've enjoyed my first play through of Thailand. I notice there is less stuff lying around than in earlier missions. Couldn't find any poison for example. It is similar enough to Paris, big old building with the same kind of movement limitations, but still fun.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I've enjoyed my first play through of Thailand. I notice there is less stuff lying around than in earlier missions. Couldn't find any poison for example. It is similar enough to Paris, big old building with the same kind of movement limitations, but still fun.

If you unlock challenges in the earlier missions you'll have a full suite of poisons to equip in the planning phase of any new missions.

If you unlock challenges in the earlier missions you'll have a full suite of poisons to equip in the planning phase of any new missions.

Yeah think thats how I did the lethal poisoning in this , added to an ICA pick up during planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah, I'm gonna sit down tomorrow and try get some more unlocks. I'm getting some weird graphics bug which makes the game slightly unpleasant to play, which makes replaying hard.

Sept. 27 for the next episode. Which will be set in Colorado, which looks to be more like Marrakesh in that it's spread out and less vertical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Sept. 27 for the next episode. Which will be set in Colorado, which looks to be more like Marrakesh in that it's spread out and less vertical.

I like that. Lot to explore and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Being set in Colorado, I'll be disappointed if the possibility of using poisoned cannabis brownies to take out your target isn't included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Dair76 wrote: »
    Being set in Colorado, I'll be disappointed if the possibility of using poisoned cannabis brownies to take out your target isn't included.

Or use of an RPG,

You know for hunting bears n stuff.

It'll have scarecrows !!!!! Best bit from Absolution right there so hope it's as good in this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was on the proverbial fence about this since it came out and I think I'm just gonna cave and buy it. Does anyone know where abouts is selling this cheap on console?

Episode 5 is out . 7.3gb update and thats before I buy the episode so unlikely I'll get to play it tonight :(

Final episode is up now.

So far I have 80 hours played and still an episode left to play and loads of other activities to complete.

If anyone is still on the fence I recommend jumping in. It's been a great Hitman experience.

Final episode is up now.

So far I have 80 hours played and still an episode left to play and loads of other activities to complete.

If anyone is still on the fence I recommend jumping in. It's been a great Hitman experience.

Have it ready to go. Hope the escalation isn't big a pain in the arse as the last one.

EDIT: Now this is done, I can say with certainty if you are getting to this to play start to finish as a story don't bother, it's 90% game 10% story, and most of the content comes from replaying the missions in different ways / kills. The content is 100% great and replay is 100% too but if I'm honest I'm not sure this will work as well as one big chunk as opposed to playing it as it came out. With 99% of games the point is to achieve the objective and move to the next one right away, here you'd be done in 5 or 6 hours I'd say if thats the approach.

I ate my hat on it's episodic release to the point that I'm now saying I actually don't think it will work as well as a complete package :s

EDIT: Herself played through this over the last few nights having only previously played the intro and was pleased with it. So guess I ate my hat again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

OMG

This is brilliant!!!!

Only played a few levels and have the full season to work through, I know I missed the weekly targets but this is a well made game.

• Advertisement

OMG

This is brilliant!!!!

Only played a few levels and have the full season to work through, I know I missed the weekly targets but this is a well made game.

Have you tried the escalations? I think they were my most loved/hated part of it. No saving just doing it in one with an extra requirement each time.

There is an elusive target this week you can hunt down , I f'd it up so he's away for me ... bastard :mad:

Advertisement