Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Have you tried the escalations? I think they were my most loved/hated part of it. No saving just doing it in one with an extra requirement each time.

There is an elusive target this week you can hunt down , I f'd it up so he's away for me ... bastard :mad:

Nah have the training levels done, creatively at that :D Chess dude wasnt expecting the Colonel to kill him :D

Reckon I have a fair few levels to get into. But the game gives me options blood money style options.

Not sure If I was right not to get it as a episodic thing, the idea of going back to it every few months has clearly worked.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Nah have the training levels done, creatively at that :D Chess dude wasnt expecting the Colonel to kill him :D

Reckon I have a fair few levels to get into. But the game gives me options blood money style options.

Not sure If I was right not to get it as a episodic thing, the idea of going back to it every few months has clearly worked.

Yeah as i said earlier I ate my hat on the episodic aspect. I liked it made me replay the game level for all opportunities and level 5 escalation achievements on each of them. Made sure I saw every thing that needed to be seen. I liked doing suit only runs and did 2 kill everyone on the level ones.

I know folks hated opportunities but you can turn off a lot of stuff and play without prompts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Lads, how big are the episodes on steam? It's going for €25 now and I'm interested but not if every one of them is 30-50gb to download....

Agricola wrote: »
    Lads, how big are the episodes on steam? It's going for €25 now and I'm interested but not if every one of them is 30-50gb to download....

Entire game was 35gb with all seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Grand, I checked individual specs on steam and they were saying 50gb space required, wondered could that be for each one!

Great stuff, will pick that up today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Just bought for 50% off on Steam, downloading now. Looking forward to giving it a go this evening, have heard such good things.

Completed the "game" or all the missions called Story, excellent way to get into the game. Now for some of the challenges.

Killed this weeks elusive target with a Chandelier, which actually never gets old. I actually fcuked it up but managed to pull it out of the fire, by dropping 3 or 4 waiters and 2 bodyguards then switching disguise and dropping the chandelier on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Bought it yesterday. Was eyeing it for a while.
    Really enjoying it, I can see so much replayability in the levels that it obviously lends itself perfectly (maybe moreso than any game I can think of) to episodic releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

My advice to new players who have bought the full game would be to aim to get level 15-20 for each episode before moving on to the next.

If you hit level 20 (Mastery level) you unlock a piece of equipment or weapon that can be used in later missions.

My advice to new players who have bought the full game would be to aim to get level 15-20 for each episode before moving on to the next.

If you hit level 20 (Mastery level) you unlock a piece of equipment or weapon that can be used in later missions.

Remote breaching charge is a must for one of the escalations not sure where I got that from, sapienza maybe. Never once used it as intended but was essential for the Japan escalation where
    you had to take out targets via an accident or with kitana and then a 60 second time limit to open the safe , there was some shenanigans with a fire extinguisher required too
    I didn't figure that out on my own had to look it up but pure genius.

Also the gun that
    can't be detected in a body search
    was really handy there too.

Edit: Think they have a few more of the escalations added so I must go back to it this week. I both loved and hated them, the US one was a bloody nightmare with that pain in the ass
    stalker you couldn't kill or subdue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

On sale on psn at the moment. Intro pack 7.50, upgrade 25 and complete season 30. I got the intro ages back and had issues where the the game would try reconnecting to the servers every few minutes. Got annoying so didn't get any more EPs. Really enjoyed it though so the upgrade pack is very tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

its 30 on PSN, 25 on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is it more like Absolution or Blood Money?

I loved Blood Money, but the gameplay mechanics in Absolution really annoyed me. Felt like far less choice and that Instinct sh*te was sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's kind of both. More like Blood Money, though. Levels are more sandbox like. I think instinct is there. I don't use it if it is (which probably explains why I keep fupping things up). But there's lots of scope for random, low key kills as well as each level having several complex ways of killing off targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Penn wrote: »
    Is it more like Absolution or Blood Money?

I loved Blood Money, but the gameplay mechanics in Absolution really annoyed me. Felt like far less choice and that Instinct sh*te was sh*te.

the freedom of Blood Money (and more) and the mechanics from Absolution but then there are challenges that are set both by the developers and by other players,there seems to be alot of replay value..

The add-on to the intro pack is €25 on psn at the moment too..i reckon ill be getting it..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I didn't really like the mechanics of Absolution all that much. Felt a hell of a lot more restrictive.

Suppose for the price it is with the Black Friday deal, might as well pick it up anyway.

I hated Absolution, could only play a few levels before trading it in. I enjoyed the intro pack of this way more than Absolution. I didn't think I'd replay the levels too much but it's very addictive going for the challenges. Episodic content really suited this but at 25, I think I'll definitely get value even if I played through the rest of the levels just once.

Hopefully this does really well for them in the sales this week. It deserves to. When this game was announced as episodic I didn't think for one second I'd turn out to be a cheerleader for it but here it am :o

Replayed one of the later escalations last night using an alternative method I saw on youtube and I wanted to cry because of the 3 hours of stress and panic I endured to get it done originally for it to turn out to be blindingly simple the other way :D

Big update coming in November with new elusive targets and contracts each week. Also all items unlocked will now work in offline mode as well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-28-hitman-update-makes-unlocks-work-offline

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Big update coming in November with new elusive targets and contracts each week. Also all items unlocked will now work in offline mode as well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-28-hitman-update-makes-unlocks-work-offline

I just downloaded 2 gigs of a patch so must be out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm new to the game since the recent deal for all the levels. There's one thing I'm not sure about though, the elusive targets. Every single one of them says that I missed when I could play them, does that mean there's no way for me to play them? A bit ridiculous if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm new to the game since the recent deal for all the levels. There's one thing I'm not sure about though, the elusive targets. Every single one of them says that I missed when I could play them, does that mean there's no way for me to play them? A bit ridiculous if so.

It's a once off test of skill pal!
    You fail, it's over.

Harsh, but fair :D

Elusive contracts were more of a bonus to players who bought the episodes as they came out. Every new episode had an elusive contract that lasted a week but you got one shot at it. Very clever mechanic and nice incentive to get people buying as they came out. Anyway, new ones have been confirmed and will be released in November.

Some of my Elusive contracts went so wrong in hilarious ways. Funny enough it was the ones I thought I had in the bag that really went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

WTF? My Hitman folder is over 60Gb now! And swore i had more space on my SSD, was there a massive update for this recently?

Installed all the episodes but the bonus summer episode won't install even though I have 30gbs free. Anyone else not able to install it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Rezident wrote: »
    WTF? My Hitman folder is over 60Gb now! And swore i had more space on my SSD, was there a massive update for this recently?

There was a 14gb update earlier on xbox, so possibly the same for you! :)
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Installed all the episodes but the bonus summer episode won't install even though I have 30gbs free. Anyone else not able to install it?

Is the update bigger than half of your free space?

On PS, you need the space to download the file, then the space to extract and install it.
    You then get the download space back.

Basically, if the update is 15gb, you need 30gb or so to install it!

I think it's just a few GB's, very strange. I'm really having trouble uninstalling anything else. Will just play through the first few episodes anyway, will install it when I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Just finished the main story, I forgot about the bonus missions so I'll do them next.
    I feel compelled to give the whole thing another playthrough since theres so many ways to kill the targets.
    I might turn down the help because with the help on full you track down an icon and you're told exactly what to do..

• Advertisement

qhi2qtA.jpg?1

Jaysus.... look at what they are making me do. I'll kill the aul one with a pillow :eek:

pure-hugnarian-goose-down-pillow-50x75cm.jpg

Advertisement