Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US green card application

Options
  • 14-07-2015 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello all,

I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum. Please move if necessary.

I have been applying for a US green card for the last 2 and a half years without the help of a lawyer. It is a very painful process to say the least but have finally gotten an interview in us embassy in Dublin next month. Hopefully someone has been through this process before and can help me. Basically, I am based in Limerick and I have to go through a medical examination. From what I can find on the internet, I need to go to a doctor in blackrock and pay another 350 euro for the medical exam. It look like all it consists of is a blood test and a chest x-ray so the price seems totally over the top. Does anyone know if I can go to my own doctor to get this done in Limerick? I would prefer not to travel all the way up to Dublin for a basic medical and then going back up to Dublin for the interview.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

No, of course you can't. Doctors has to be officially recognized by the embassy. It's just the part of the cost of getting a green card!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sunshine21

Ok thanks for the information. It is ridiculous but looks like I don't have a choice. They didn't give me any information on the medical other than:

"3. Schedule and complete a medical examination.
    · Bring this interview letter to the medical exam. Bring this letter to the medical examination because the panel physician may need to review it before performing the examination."
    "· If the physician gives you your medical exam results, bring them to your interview in the envelope sealed by the medical office."

Looks like I'll have to ring him and find out what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

you spent 2 1/2 years chasing a green card and planning a move to the US and now a trip to Dublin is bothering you....I think you need to reasses your priorities :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement