Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ma in Writing NUIG

Options
  • 14-07-2015 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys, I've been offered a place in the MA in Writing in NUIG for September and was just wondering is there anyone else who'll be starting at the same time?
    Or anyone who has done this course before who can tell me what to expect or give any tips? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skankrandy

Hi! I'm Frank and I'll actually be starting the same course in September too. I'm just looking for accommodation and all that at the minute. Do you know anything about when we actually start?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cypriens

skankrandy wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Frank and I'll actually be starting the same course in September too. I'm just looking for accommodation and all that at the minute. Do you know anything about when we actually start?

Hey! I have absolutely no idea, can't find proper information anywhere! Registration opens 20th of August so we'll probably know after that but I wish I had an idea before then y'know? I'm just hoping it starts after Electric Picnic because I'll be in no fit state! Finding accommodation is the worst part, there's a serious housing shortage in Galway at the minute!

cypriens wrote: »
    Hey! I have absolutely no idea, can't find proper information anywhere! Registration opens 20th of August so we'll probably know after that but I wish I had an idea before then y'know? I'm just hoping it starts after Electric Picnic because I'll be in no fit state! Finding accommodation is the worst part, there's a serious housing shortage in Galway at the minute!

All I really know is that the registration is online. But then again, I could be wrong on that too. I guess we would have to find out dates then, or soon after. They have to give us some notice surely. EP would probably not be an ideal start alright! But probably worth it I'd say! Serious shortage is an understatement. All sorted now and can't wait to just get over there and see what the craic with the whole thing is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niavcs

Hey guys, Im doing an MA in Journalism and it's the same story! I know that your class and ours will be starting 7th September for what that's worth, although ye have probably established that at this stage :) I'm gonna pop into the college tomorrow to see can I get more info, I can check with your course too if you like as it's the same admin :)

That would be great! Thanks a million. We have a meeting on Thursday about modules and then start on the 7th like you. I think we might share some lectures, right? Thanks again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 niavcs

No info so far just told that I'll get an email but I'll keep ye updated! We probably will! If you guys wanna do coffee or a drink at any stage give me a shout!

Thanks, sounds like everyone is as in the dark as each other! Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I've not moved over yet but I'm definitely up for it once I do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

Hey so I just came across this thread. I've been offered a place on the MA Writing for 2016/17. just wondering if you could give an insight into the course - how you find it etc. also do you guys reckon it's too early to look for accommodation? What I have found so far is accommodation available immediately rather than more down the line. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Sure, I'm in it at the minute. Is there anything in particular you want to ask about? Overall its been pretty positive so far.

Not at all too early for accommodation. Getting somewhere to live in Galway can be a nightmare. The sooner you can sort it the better

Hey thanks for your reply. I suppose my big question is in regards to modules as I can find any proper information on the modules. how did you go about choosing them and when did it happen? I've taken a year out to save for the course. so it will be hard enough going back into studies. If you had any tips that would be great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 EGons988

I just found this post as well and have been accepted into the MA for Writing 2016/2017. I would love to hear about anyone's experience, how you've enjoyed the courses, etc. I'm coming from the United States and am a little worried about accommodation and finding a place from so far away. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mamackey07

Hi all, I've also accepted a spot in the MA in Writing program for this upcoming year! Excited and would love to hear anything about it that others have to share.

I'll be moving over from the US as well, so the idea of finding accommodations is also starting to stress me a bit- anyone care to be roommates? :)

To those of you finishing the MA in Writing this coming year, have you got any more information on modules etc. the information on the nuig page is fairly slack. would appreciate any information :)

Advertisement