Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great to be single!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Allyall wrote: »
    Bananas are very easily mushed..

By the time some of ye get married, that's all you will be fit to eat.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

What makes you think that you'll be able to find a keeper at 30 after spending your whole life whoring and drinking?

In relationship at 17, married at 29, first baby at...40.

Marriage changed nothing in the going out and having craic stakes. Kid changed everything. It's fantastic, but social life has gone over a cliff.

But I had a great innings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

39, first baby due in December. I agree about the social pressure though - let people do what they want. Nothing worse than have a recent newlywed or parent say "you should try it out" or "i highly recommend it"

39, first baby due in December. I agree about the social pressure though - let people do what they want. Nothing worse than have a recent newlywed or parent say "you should try it out" or "i highly recommend it"

I can't stand that whole baby thing. The way people almost lose their personality and become consumed by their children and prescribe having kids, their FaceBook pages become rammed with photos of their kids rather than them, it's like they give up on themselves and become just a parent, somewhere in the background. Had hoped to maintain my own social life, but that just was a non runner, being too hungover with a baby. But would never speak about the baby unless asked, before we had ours I remember other peoples kids being the single most uninteresting topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,675 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The day we got engaged, my wife's cousin asked how many kids we were going to have.

Just because she was having a competition with her sister to see who could produce the most offspring.

She suggested 3, for the record, which was nice. A pro tip, like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 squiggledash

Breaking News! Being single does not mean no sex. ;)

Being married could very well mean no sex depending on her mood.

I tend to be classy about things so get the ride and move on.

If you want to have the most sex you cohabitate. Cohabiting couples have the most sex more than married couples and more than singles. For some reason after a cohabiting couple gets married the sex goes down?

Be honest though even if your a Don Juan, handsome and rich mutherfcuker its still hard to get laid regularly when your single.

A friend of mine got involved with an older woman at age 17 she was 28 by age 21 he had 4 kids and a vasectomy. The youngest person I know of that had a vasectomy. I called round to his house one time and his kids are all nuts one was mashing brocolli into his hair the other was running around screaming at the top of his lungs for no reason. When his business got in trouble his misses kicked him out seemingly that happens a lot.

Heres the thing..happiest fcuker I ever met. Genuinely. Happiness is largely a state of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

If you want to have the most sex you cohabitate. Cohabiting couples have the most sex more than married couples and more than singles. For some reason after a cohabiting couple gets married the sex goes down?
    Cohabiting couples appear to have more sex because most cohabiting couples have not been cohabiting that long and they're still in the honeymoon phase.

Of course, you do get the phenomenon of those who'll have lot's of sex until there's a ring on the finger, at which point one party having decided that they no longer have to have sex for the commitment, begin to withhold it, but I suspect this is very much the exception rather than the rule.

Reality is that the frequency of sex decreases over time - some more than others - regardless of whether they are married or just cohabiting.
    Be honest though even if your a Don Juan, handsome and rich mutherfcuker its still hard to get laid regularly when your single.
    Well, if by hard you mean it involves more effort that rolling onto your partner first thing in the morning, then yes. Relationships breed laziness where it comes to sex.

If you mean that it is tough work to get laid at least once a week when technically single (or 'dating'), then no. It's not.
    When his business got in trouble his misses kicked him out seemingly that happens a lot.

Heres the thing..happiest fcuker I ever met. Genuinely. Happiness is largely a state of mind.
    A lot of battered spouses are happy to stay in abusive relationships too apparently.

• Advertisement

A lot of battered spouses are happy to stay in abusive relationships too apparently.

Staying in an abusive relationship doesn't mean someone is happy to stay in an abusive relationship.

Staying in an abusive relationship doesn't mean someone is happy to stay in an abusive relationship.
    You'd be surprised. The World is full of people who would be miserable were they not 'unhappy'.

You'd be surprised. The World is full of people who would be miserable were they not 'unhappy'.

I disagree and I don't think you can make that point about the person the previous poster referred to, who would have a much better idea of whether or not their friend was genuinely happy with their lot in life.

That's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Breaking News! Being single does not mean no sex. ;)

Being married could very well mean no sex depending on her mood.

I tend to be classy about things so get the ride and move on.

Pulling yourself around the room more like..

This unfortunately seems to be true. I've heard of a small number of cases where someone tried to intervene in a domestic abuse situation and the victim turned on the person trying to protect them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

What makes you think that you'll be able to find a keeper at 30 after spending your whole life whoring and drinking?
    Worked for me & I was over 40 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I know someone who was after popping out their third kid. They had the cheek to ask me if I would ever have them. Like kids are the bees knees. They are for some. They're ****ty as babies and brats as kids. And I'm in no position to have kids. I like my free time.

This is it in your 30s.
    Are you forgetting that you were once a ****ty baby and brat ;)

Cohabiting couples appear to have more sex because most cohabiting couples have not been cohabiting that long and they're still in the honeymoon phase.

Of course, you do get the phenomenon of those who'll have lot's of sex until there's a ring on the finger, at which point one party having decided that they no longer have to have sex for the commitment, begin to withhold it, but I suspect this is very much the exception rather than the rule.

Reality is that the frequency of sex decreases over time - some more than others - regardless of whether they are married or just cohabiting.

Well, if by hard you mean it involves more effort that rolling onto your partner first thing in the morning, then yes. Relationships breed laziness where it comes to sex.

If you mean that it is tough work to get laid at least once a week when technically single (or 'dating'), then no. It's not.

First of all she never battered my mate, well not that I know off anyway, and the point was he's happy but lets leave him out of it.

Now lets get to the main point. You can get laid on a regular basis with different women every week? 50 different women a year??? I smell something and its not the mushroom quiche that I just cooked for breakfast this morning. Delicious by the way, with parmesan cheese grated on top.

I have some mates who would be consider ladies men. Good looking chaps that have the swagger and can talk the bull**** and not even they can get laid every week. I don't know what there numbers are but it wouldn't even be 10/ year plus they all eventually end up in relationships anyway.

Plus you forgot crazy pussy. 1 in 5 is crazy pussy so its only so long before you put your dick in one and then your ****ed and not in a good way.

Being single is great I agree but its a trade off like everything in life.

I can't wait until you put your dick in crazy. OMG you are not going to know what hit you :}
    Ha ha ha ha hah hahhahHAHA HAHAHA!!! (evil maniacal laugh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Its great to be happy. So if you're happy on your own, in a relationship and/or married with kids then that is all that matters.

First of all she never battered my mate, well not that I know off anyway, and the point was he's happy but lets leave him out of it.
    I never suggested he was the recipiant of physical abuse. You missed my point - there's a lot of people in abusive relationships who are 'happy', but that does not mean the relationship is desirable or any less abusive.
    Now lets get to the main point. You can get laid on a regular basis with different women every week? 50 different women a year??? I smell something and its not the mushroom quiche that I just cooked for breakfast this morning. Delicious by the way, with parmesan cheese grated on top.
    You must have put some very special mushrooms in there because no one has suggested that being single will lead to sleeping with a different woman every week. Straw man.
    Plus you forgot crazy pussy. 1 in 5 is crazy pussy so its only so long before you put your dick in one and then your ****ed and not in a good way.
    Well yes, you already told us about your mate.
    I can't wait until you put your dick in crazy. OMG you are not going to know what hit you :}
    Ha ha ha ha hah hahhahHAHA HAHAHA!!! (evil maniacal laugh)
    Takes one to know one, it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Jesus, my life must be your nightmare. 23, married over a year, second child on the way :D

You poor poor bast*rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Everyone's stupid but me ;>))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Faith+1 wrote: »
    You poor poor bast*rd.

It's exactly how I wanted it, I'm perfectly happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I look a round at friends, people I know who got hitched too young and they don't say it, but you can tell.

There are "regrets" there.

That's why it's great to be single. Plenty of time for most of us for marriage and kids and all that craic but I just want to enjoy life till, say, 30. What's wrong with that? It's great.

Nobody telling you what to do, no little brats to look after, not whipped by your (female) partner, you can sleep with who you want, play games, get drunk, do whatever.

Bliss.:cool:
    Well stay fúcking single then.
    /thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Dickie10

mmmm im single 34 year old guy. sometimes perhaps a very odd time i think i would like the idea of a girlfriend. but most times im happy as larry single. i had a girlfriend about a year ago for 2 months or so. but we hadnt a whole lot in common so we drifted away. the thing is i get the feeling that people are finding it very strange i have no girlfriend yet. for instance my sisiter who is married and a few kids often asks when a guy comes into the local that she dosent know ,who are they and are they going out with anyone? strange enough question i always think! actually i am beginnig to feel as though people are getting tired of seeing me going out and about around town on my own and single, its almost as though they are just fed up looking at me, as i am a creature of habit and frequent the same bars every weekend. i actually like this as its the only night i take off. i am quite busy as i farm and also am a school teacher. funny the way you get the feeling of being seen as pathetic though by people.

ps please no silly comments on spelling/ teacher etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I'm past 30 and still want to be single. Still am. It's brilliant but now you have people looking down on you when are you getting married, when are having kids. Bla bla bla. Like its the done thing.

Let me live my life please. Thank you

What makes me laugh about those f***ers is that they genuinely seem to believe that meeting some stranger, forming a closer bond with them than with your own family and being with them practically 24/7 for the rest of your life....is easy. :eek:

yes that to be sounds weird to be honest. maybe im just not great with letting people i dont really know into my deep part of my life. saturday night antics are nice because they give the surface me and nithing else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Dickie10 wrote: »
    for instance my sisiter who is married and a few kids often asks when a guy comes into the local that she dosent know ,who are they and are they going out with anyone?

I do find that women are generally more likely to meddle in single peoples business and try and set them up with someone. The "why haven't you got a girlfriend?" or "We'll have to find you a partner" comments I've received over the years have always been from women. Whenever I tell a fella I'm single I usually get the, "Ahh you're probably better off" response.

how are things going for the singletons during the virus lockdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Dickie10 wrote: »
    how are things going for the singletons during the virus lockdown?

Grand thanks for asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Awesome! See the other necro thread for the full reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

A nice girl smiled at me this morning when I was out for my walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I'm single but once you get into your thirties it starts to becomes more socially uncomfortable to be honest, going on holiday and social events become awkward. Last wedding I went I felt like I was at the kiddy table.

🙈🙉🙊

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

The gay referendum took a lot of handsome guys out of the marriage market they had been latent prior to that and usually married and had kids but now they dont have to. So enjoy your freedom and in your fifties you will be able to get a wife as there are loads of 35 plus birds desperate to get married and a lot of them have houses & good jobs so sit back and you might even have a sprog in your early sixties. The woman can mind it since she wanted it so dont listen to the lemmings who get married young they often regret it but they lose face by admitting it. The extra bonus shell mind you when you are in nappies too win win .

lot of farmers i know got married/got a partner/kid in late 40s usually eith a woman around 36-40

Advertisement