Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox prevented unsafe plug in for "Adobe Flash"

• 14-07-2015 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭

Anybody else getting this message. Gives the option to allow it anyway. Are there security issues with Adobe Flash recently?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭NeutralHandle

They temporarily blocked Flash, which is probably a good idea.

twitter.com/firefox/status/620956397929398272

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Yeah there was serious ructions at the folks place cos rte player wouldnt work. The usual tirade had to be endured

"what did i do to break it"
    "i was just using it normally yesterday"
    (upon fixing it)
    "how was i supposed to know that!"

Seems like installing it again fixed it, but if mozilla have permablocked it for now i guess i can expect a call. Better install chrome i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭NeutralHandle

They've turned it back on now. The Flash exploits have been patched.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

It must be spread across the news at this stage, given the high profile nature in which of some of the flaws were discovered. I mean, Facebook and Firefox are calling for it to be put down for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Either Adobe sort it out or it's dead because this is going to happen again and agin.

Do they get a lot of revenue from it? That'll probably be the deciding factor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

If the last 18 months has shown me anything, it's that nothing is secure, ever. There's been issues with Linux, Mac and Windows (Nothing new there), SSL/SSH, Java etc. Unless each has very good pen testers on their side, there's no point trying to save Flash. That horse has been well and truly beaten to death at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

It used to be a staple of my builds several years ago, now if I see it on a system, it's removed straight away.

Advertisement