Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel Health Insurance

Options
  • 14-07-2015 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I was signed by my own company for a health insurance (GloHealth). So now every month part of my salary is deducted to pay it. I know the benefits of having it, but I don't want it. So basically my question is, how can I cancel my policy? They are automatically taken from my wages so I don't have control on them.

I know a new hired who refused to get the health insurance and my company allowed it. So he is not paying like me. The problem is that I have signed already (since May 2015).

I haven't use it for anything so far, so that may make a difference. Basically I want to know what is the procedure, if I have to tell the HR department or Payroll to stop making those deductions from my salary or I have to contact GloHealth. Also, do I have to pay like a cancellation fee or something?

Thank you so much for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,580 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not sure with company plans but I know if you take one out yourself and cancel it you have to pay some fee as there's an annual levy attached that they will want to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No one here can tell you . You need to ask your company's HR people what their rules are, and how to do it.

Advertisement