Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with dac

Options
  • 14-07-2015 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

i recently bought a new dac(marantz hd dac1)installed the driver on my pc and plugged the dac in.from the start i keep getting a clicking(relay switching sound) from the dac.when i am playing music/not playing music/just browsing the net.

i tried it on my imac(did not need to install driver)and there is no problem with it at all.no clicking.

i have reinstalled the driver/changed settings on interface for the dac.messed around with itunes(but it happens with windows media player/foobar/utube)

any thoughts.cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Try disabling wifi in your laptop, see if the noise stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭johnboy8

tried that(its a tower pc)it seemed to work,and then it started again.all i did was opened the icon in the bottom corner and disconnected the internet,is that what your talking about.cheers.

No you need to power down the chip completely.

On a laptop thats easy, on a desktop go to Device Manager, right click on the wifi adapter under Network Adapters and hit disable. This should fully shut it down.

will try that.thank you.

thats it.problem found.thanks very much.i had these checked,

802.11n wireless lan card
    edimax 802.11 wireless usb adapter
    microsoft isatap adapter
    microsoft isatap adapter no2
    microsoft isatap adapter no3
    microsoft teredo tunneling adapter
    microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter
    realtek pci gbe family controller.

will play around with these turning on/off to see results.

thanks again.

• Advertisement

No problem. It drove me nuts with a Numark interface and Dell laptop years ago. Was up the wall trying to source it.

Advertisement