Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laneway problems!!!

Options
  • 14-07-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

My first boards.ie post. So bear with me if I place in wrong section etc.

I'm looking for some advice.

I bought 3 years ago a mews on a laneway - mainly residential with some garages from the main houses backing onto the laneway and the odd motor garage.

There's a few issues that have been bugging me and I seem to be one of the only home owners as the rest of the houses are rented.

We have a problem with illegal dumping and cars abandoned which I regularly have to call Dublin city council- to be fair they are pretty good at sorting issues out quickly.

I have a neighbour who rents a garage across from my house. Outside on the laneway he has...

-7 bins ( 2 big ones on castors, 4 regular household bins and 1small one)
    -Rolls of supplies for his company about 12 feet long
    - signage advertising his wares
    - and as of today a massive advertising poster attached to the front of the garage door. (15' x15' and very colourful!)

A number of weeks ago I asked him to please stop storing equipment on the laneway ( which is badly needed for parking) and not to store his bins. He promised to clean it up but alas nothing has changed. Today after seeing this grotesque advertisement staring at me from across the road I'm going to have to take this further.

The laneway is generally quiet so there is not much point in advertising half way down a laneway!

Any suggestions/recommendations welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Planning Enforcement Section.
    The waste storage and signage may breech the conditions of the planning that allows him to operate the business there in the first place.

Depends though as typically these lanes contained businesses before people thought about mews houses so his business may take precedence.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MuseMews wrote: »
    illegal dumping

-Rolls of supplies for his company about 12 feet long
    - signage advertising his wares
    How do you tell the difference between illegal dumping, and someone storing stuff in the laneway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MuseMews

Thanks for the replies so soon.

I know that there was an old garage there when I moved in initially so his business is new to this laneway. But will look into it more.

As for the rolls - these are rolled out on the laneway and cut to shape for his business - definitely not rubbish!

Thank you

Advertisement