Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is staying in Glenlo?

Options
  • 15-07-2015 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Two guards outside this evening and german flag up. Is Angela coming ? Pixie heads.

Comments

ArraMusha wrote: »
    Two guards outside this evening and german flag up. Is Angela coming ? Pixie heads.

I was out at the golf club earlier.

There was one on the gate, then at least three groups of twos around the hotel. There was an SUV outside with G1 in the window on a sign and I think I passed another with G4 round the back.

Cant say I noticed any German flag though, my initial impression was it was Government/President but its probably going to be political over celebrity when there's that many guards.

Was quiet though bar the guards, no sign of groups or any commotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

I presume it's the German President. He's visiting NUI Galway today http://www.nuigalway.ie/germanstatevisit/.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Was on the new bridge at 14.15 today and was passed by 4 blacked out mercedes vito vans with 2 bmws also. They were led by a traffic corp jeep and flanked by garda motorbikes. A HSE ambulance was in the rear also. Who was it ? Or was it a practice run for something coming ?

Westy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭spurshero

Why do ya sign your name at the end of your post . No offence but looks a bit silly .

• Advertisement

NUI Galway is conferring an Honorary Degree on President of the Federal Republic of Germany, His Excellency Joachim Gauck at the University at the moment.
    From the Galway Advertiser Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

westgolf wrote: »
    Was on the new bridge at 14.15 today and was passed by 4 blacked out mercedes vito vans with 2 bmws also. They were led by a traffic corp jeep and flanked by garda motorbikes. A HSE ambulance was in the rear also. Who was it ? Or was it a practice run for something coming ?

Westy

That sounds like a good use of tax payers money!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

spurshero wrote: »
    Why do ya sign your name at the end of your post . No offence but looks a bit silly .

As does your post, dare i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

That sounds like a good use of tax payers money!

sure isnt most of it going to the germans anyway?

Advertisement