Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mercruiser diagnostic tool.

• 15-07-2015 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭

A long shot, but would anyone know where I could get my hands on one of these, or know a marine mech who has one? They are often referred to as a "Rinda tool" or the newer one is called a "Tech mate pro"
    MercTool3.gif

I'm having an issue with my port engine on my Searay. its showing a check engine light on the console and has gone into limp home mode (reduced power) I'm be surprised if its not just a sensor fault that's giving the ECU a false reading as I've had issues with that before, but I've already swopped all the usual suspects over from the starboard engine and haven't come up with anything yet. The engine is also behaving as if the injector pump timing is slightly out as it's very smokey (white) and has an irregular idle.
    I have all the fault codes so hopefully plugging this gadget in to the electronic control box will point me in the right direction.

My engines are Mercruiser 2.8 D-Tronic diesel built in 97 so the scan tool will need the appropriate connector for that unit.

As I said, a long shot, but you never know till you ask.

Comments

Advertisement