Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair deal house valuation 'for free'

Options
  • 15-07-2015 7:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

any one know estate agents willing to do 5 mins + letter house valuations for free and not e 150 :( on the northside. Swords and beaumont reqpectiley ? I think castle isnone in glasnevin , any near swords ? Cheers thx :) e150 5 mins and off ? Not fair price for fair deal :) cheers if u cann help :

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Looking for an estate agent to offer their professional services for free is hardly a fair deal for them, tbh.

Just to put this in context - they would need to factor in travel time to & from the property, assess the premises, location & compare this against similar properties in the area, then provide a valuation that they will be legally bound to stand by. All this based on years of study, examinations & professional experience. If your previous experience was some bloke turning up at a door, taking a peek in the kitchen, loo & bedrooms & giving you a valuation after 5 minutes - you were dealing with a shyster.

You'd be better trying to negotiate a deal on a valuation from a reputable auctioneer & valuer with full professional accreditation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

That is so cheeky.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

Castle Auctioneers Glasnevin, sell property in Swords. Look at daft and myhome.ie. There is Castle for sale signs up in Hollywell.

My brother got an EA to value his property. When he went to pay the EA, he said there was no fee and to call him in the event of any future sale. It can be good PR and marketing.

Goldman Sachs are providing free advice to the Dept of Finance regarding the sale of AIB. I am sure it will benefit Goldman Sachs when a tender may be issued for professional services in the event of a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Oldmalo7

thanks very much for the information and your sensible point made.. appreciated :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

And yet the Revenue expect every house owner to be able to do this for free...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Oldmalo7

mickmmc wrote: »
    Castle Auctioneers Glasnevin, sell property in Swords. Look at daft and myhome.ie. There is Castle for sale signs up in Hollywell.

My brother got an EA to value his property. When he went to pay the EA, he said there was no fee and to call him in the event of any future sale. It can be good PR and marketing.

Goldman Sachs are providing free advice to the Dept of Finance regarding the sale of AIB. I am sure it will benefit Goldman Sachs when a tender may be issued for professional services in the event of a sale.

thanks so much , you were right , castle did it for free ! Very pleasant and very proffesional.... as you said good pr and marketing... Thanks again so much of your help.

Advertisement