Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music equipment advice

• 15-07-2015 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

I am an amateur musician and wanted to know would anyone have advice as to what basic equipment I would need. If anyone has advice to what I need or where I could get this equipment I would gladly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Gill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

What instrument(s) do you play, and what is your goal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Gill_Murph

Rigsby wrote: »
    What instrument(s) do you play, and what is your goal ?

I play guitar and sing. What I'd be looking for is something small for now as I haven't done many gigs previous to now. I played in the bar of a hotel I work in where I was grand without any amplification as the bar wouldn't be overly crowded and the acoustics to the room were good aswell but I may have other venues to play where I know I will most definitely need amplication to perform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Gill_Murph wrote: »
    I play guitar and sing. What I'd be looking for is something small for now as I haven't done many gigs previous to now. I played in the bar of a hotel I work in where I was grand without any amplification as the bar wouldn't be overly crowded and the acoustics to the room were good aswell but I may have other venues to play where I know I will most definitely need amplication to perform.

You would pick up a Behringer PMP1280S on adverts for about 200 euro. You would then need a set of tops and maybe a bass bin depending on your preference.

If you spent 400/500 on a middle of the road rig, it would suit your mentioned venues. Have a look on Adverts, maybe even a set of Peavey speakers would do for you as you wouldn't need that much power.

Then you would just need two speakon cables running from the the two tops into the back of the desk and your away with it! The Behringer PMP1280S has 8 mic inputs, that would be more than enough for you. You might even pick up a smaller channel desk with the same power.

Best of luck, keep us updated :)

Advertisement