Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set up a mortgage overpayment?

Options
  • 15-07-2015 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just wanted to enquire how to go about setting up an overpayment on a fixed mortgage - I've read on your website that the maximum you can overpay is 10% of you monthly repayment or €65 a month, whichever is greater.  I have just been on 365online there now and through 'Manage Accounts' -> 'Add your Account or Policy' I've added a new account which is my mortgage account. I presume this will take a few days to show up, but when it does will I be able to setup the overpayment there or what do I have to do.  I go into a new fixed term starting on the 01/08/2015 so I would like to coincide the overpayment with that if possible

Thanks for the help in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi, I just wanted to enquire how to go about setting up an overpayment on a fixed mortgage - I've read on your website that the maximum you can overpay is 10% of you monthly repayment or €65 a month, whichever is greater.  I have just been on 365online there now and through 'Manage Accounts' -> 'Add your Account or Policy' I've added a new account which is my mortgage account. I presume this will take a few days to show up, but when it does will I be able to setup the overpayment there or what do I have to do.  I go into a new fixed term starting on the 01/08/2015 so I would like to coincide the overpayment with that if possible

Thanks for the help in advance
    Hi adelcrowsmel,

It's certainly possible to make an overpayment to your Mortgage Account via Banking 365 online. 

The request to add your account to your 365 profile can take five working days to complete. Once this has been added, you can request to set up an overpayment by doing the following:

• On the 365 Home Page click ‘Online Service Desk’
    • Select ‘Ask a Question’ from the drop down list.
    • Under ‘Select Account/Policy Type’ choose your registered Mortgage Account
    • In the ‘Subject’ field box please type ‘Mortgage Overpay’
    • In the message field type your request 

For more information on setting up an overpayment, please see here

We hope this helps and if there’s anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Thanks for that Sharon - appreciate the information!

Hi,

I am still waiting on my Mortgage account to appear on my 365 profile since registering it on the 15/07/2015 but hopefully it will show up in the next few days, but what I was wondering in the meantime is can I add my mortgage as a payee now or do I have to wait until it appears first?  I was just hoping to pay a small lump sum off the mortgage this week before going into my next fixed term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Hi,

I am still waiting on my Mortgage account to appear on my 365 profile since registering it on the 15/07/2015 but hopefully it will show up in the next few days, but what I was wondering in the meantime is can I add my mortgage as a payee now or do I have to wait until it appears first?  I was just hoping to pay a small lump sum off the mortgage this week before going into my next fixed term.

Hi Adelcrowsme,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Sorry for the delay in your Mortgage account being added for viewing online. This should be available for viewing in the coming days.

You can certainly add your Bank of Ireland Mortgage Account as a payee on Banking 365 Online

Please do the following:
    ·        Select ‘Money Transfer’ from the left hand navigation bar
    ·        Select ‘Add a Payee’
    ·        Choose the type of payee ‘ Add a Bill’
    ·        Choose the security code delivery method
    ·        Enter payee details
    ·        Click ‘Continue’

Your payee will remain inactive until you activate it using the security code.

If there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good day.
    Helen

Hi,

Hi Adelcrowsme,

Sorry for the delay in your Mortgage account being added for viewing online. This should be available for viewing in the coming days.

You can certainly add your Bank of Ireland Mortgage Account as a payee on Banking 365 Online

Please do the following:

If there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good day.
    Helen
    Thanks for that Helen, I presume I enter my Mortage Account Number in the 'Bill Referencee Number' field?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Hi Adelcrowsme,

Please do the following:

Have a good day.
    Helen
    Thanks for that Helen, I presume I enter my Mortage Account Number in the 'Bill Referencee Number' field?
    Hi,

Yes you would need to add your Mortgage Account Number as the reference on your payee.

Thanks
    Helen

Thanks again, I appreciate the help

Hi,

I have requested to set up an overpayment on my mortage as described above by Sharon through the Online Service Desk, but I have received no reply from the service desk since then (24/07/2015).  Will someone get back to me on it or will I receive some confirmation that it has been setup or do I just have to wait until my next mortgage payment to see if it has been applied?

Thanks

Hi,

I have requested to set up an overpayment on my mortage as described above by Sharon through the Online Service Desk, but I have received no reply from the service desk since then (24/07/2015).  Will someone get back to me on it or will I receive some confirmation that it has been setup or do I just have to wait until my next mortgage payment to see if it has been applied?

Thanks
    Hi adelcrowsmel,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

We have been advised by the Online Team that all emails dated the 24.07.2015 have been replied to. Can we ask you to check your Inbox on Banking 365 Online.

If you wish you can contact one of my colleagues in the Bank of Ireland Mortgage Team on 01-6113333 and they will be happy to assist you.

Have a good weekend and if there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Helen.

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi adelcrowsmel,

We have been advised by the Online Team that all emails dated the 24.07.2015 have been replied to. Can we ask you to check your Inbox on Banking 365 Online.

If you wish you can contact one of my colleagues in the Bank of Ireland Mortgage Team on 01-6113333 and they will be happy to assist you.

Have a good weekend and if there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Helen.
    Hi Helen,

Thanks for the reply.  I had checked my inbox this morning before posting to make sure I hadn't received a reply.  I will give a ring then,

Thanks again

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi adelcrowsmel,

Helen.
    Hi Helen,

Thanks for the reply.  I had checked my inbox this morning before posting to make sure I hadn't received a reply.  I will give a ring then,

Thanks again
    Hi adelcrowsmel,

You're very welcome please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks
    Helen

Advertisement