Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shantalla

Options
  • 15-07-2015 1:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

Is this a nice area to live in? I know it's close to town, would it be safe to walk home after a night out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Yes. And it's as safe as most places in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Yes and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I can only chime with the others. It's a grand area. I used to live there and never had a bother, walked home from the pubs alone many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

My only problem is when I DON'T want to walk home, taxi drivers can get a bit snitty about such a short journey! Otherwise it's a very nice area and very handy. Everything you could want nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Great area to live, spent a few years here. Very close to town (Shantalla Rd -> St Helen's Street -> Henry Street -> Dominick Street) and safe, saw no bother in 3 years there. Good community spirit around too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Took me 20 mins to walk from Highfield Park to Dominic street.
    At 4am it took me 45 mins to walk home :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

biko wrote: »
    Took me 20 mins to walk from Highfield Park to Dominic street.
    At 4am it took me 45 mins to walk home :D

Bag of chips slowing u down?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Bag of chips slowing u down?

Ah come on now, it was probably a large chip and that hill up from Cooke's corner is quite steep :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement