Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this ad genuine ?

Options
  • 15-07-2015 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

hi this add showed up on my Facebook saying eircom will be launching ultra fast fibre in my area soon with speeds of up to 1000mbs and if I'm interested enter my details.
    I was just wondering if this was genuine as I can't find anything about it on your website.
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sharp2012 wrote: »
    hi this add showed up on my Facebook saying eircom will be launching ultra fast fibre in my area soon with speeds of up to 1000mbs and if I'm interested enter my details.
    I was just wondering if this was genuine as I can't find anything about it on your website.
    Thank you
    Hi Sharp2012

Eircom will launch a new Fibre to the Home (FTTH) product to customers over the coming months.

The launch will initially cover 14 urban centres around Ireland before rolling out to other major towns and cities.

The towns expected for launch within the next few months are: Kilkenny, Letterkenny, Naas, Sanyford, Sligo, Tralee, Wexford, carrigaline, Castlebar, Cavan Douglas, Droghed, Ennis & Greystones.

The service that will be available will include 150MB, 300MB and 1GB download speeds.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Customers from these towns will be able to confirm their Expression of Interest (EOI) online. This is available at www.eircom.net/FTTHEOI[/font]

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

its legit alright, esb and vodafones joint venture, afaik its 1gb upload and dl, ful lfibre, not fibre to the exchange or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Sharp2012

Great thanks for that

copeyhagen wrote: »
    its legit alright, esb and vodafones joint venture, afaik its 1gb upload and dl, ful lfibre, not fibre to the exchange or anything.
    Hi copeyhagen

While it is indeed Legit, the add in discussion here is not in relation to ESB & Vodafones venture. Check out the link I added above.

Cheers
    Al

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

That service is by another service provider (ESB & Vodafone) and not Eircom. Eircom are also rolling out a Fibre product.

• Advertisement

Sharp2012 wrote: »
    Great thanks for that
    You're most welcome Sharp2012

Cheers
    Al

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

How much is 1,000Mb gonna be per month?

If that can't be specified yet, when will it be since it's being launched within a few months?...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Mr. G wrote: »

That service is by another service provider (ESB & Vodafone) and not Eircom. Eircom are also rolling out a Fibre product.
    yes, but every other company is selling esb and vodafones service. SIRO has been setup between the two, but they are selling the service to the other providers to sell on to customers themselves.

i thought this was part of it, the timing would be correct. but it seems this is a whole different service.

How much is 1,000Mb gonna be per month?

If that can't be specified yet, when will it be since it's being launched within a few months?...
    Forecasted prices are not available yet DoYouEvenLift

As soon as they are I'll update the thread :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Maybe Eircom should get their 'regular' fibre service sorted frst.  Since I was 'upgraded' to efibre a couple of weeks ago my broadband service has been worse that before.  Depending on who I communicate with in Eircom, including on here,I get different answers. I was told that the max I could get is 15MB.  The latest I got when I eventually spoke to someone on the 1901 number was that work was still to be done at my local exchange and I should get the efibre speeds within a couple of weeks. To be honest I dont know if this is the truth or if it's just an attempt to stop me switching provider and pursuing a complaint.  All this after I received a letter from Eircom telling me efibre is  now available to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement