Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas break / Christmas exams

• 15-07-2015 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm starting a HDip at CIT in September. There is no course timetable available yet, but the 1st semester ends on December 23rd and the 2nd semester begins February 1st.

Does that mean I'm likely to be off for the whole month of January, or do some Xmas exams run into January?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

Goldassle wrote: »
    I'm starting a HDip at CIT in September. There is no course timetable available yet, but the 1st semester ends on December 23rd and the 2nd semester begins February 1st.

Does that mean I'm likely to be off for the whole month of January, or do some Xmas exams run into January?

Yes you'll be off for the whole month of January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

Does it not vary from course to course, year to year?

Last year (1st year) I finished all my exams well before Christmas and was off all the way through to February... but I know from speaking to second years that they had exams on the 5th/6th January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

You could have an exam or 2 between the 4-7 jan. The calendar for 15-16 hasn't been released yet but take a look at last years to get an idea. http://www.cit.ie/aboutcit/semesterdatesandcalendar/

You won't know about the exams situation until the exam timetable comes out in october/november but your course coordinator will give you a heads up re the exams before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

Goldassle wrote: »

You might be working on a project(s).

Advertisement