Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung smartcam SNH-P6410

Options
  • 15-07-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

I purchased two of these after reading various web reviews. Dropcam was a bit pricey for me.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MQS0FZY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

It's a 1080p indoor IP camera.

I'm very impressed.

- Extremely simple to set up. Having set up a few IP cams around the house some years ago and faffing about with routers and DNS etc - I was genuinely astonished at how far they have come on and how relatively inexpensive they are these days.
    -- Switch on the camera. Download an app. Fire up app and create an account. Camera shows up on list and you tell it which router you want it to connect to. That's it !
    - Simple and easy to use app for remote access.
    - App can configure the camera remotely for motion detection/sensitivity/alerting etc
    - No motion detection zones though
    - Can record to optional on board micro SD up to 64Gb
    - Push motion detection alerts to phone
    - Impressive night vision
    - 2 way audio

Super little device.

Only issue is that Google have withdrawn cloud storage (possibly because they've acquired dropcam) and so Samsung are currently looking for an alternative soluton.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

E39MSport wrote: »
    I purchased two of these after reading various web reviews. Dropcam was a bit pricey for me.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MQS0FZY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

It's a 1080p indoor IP camera.

I'm very impressed.

- Extremely simple to set up. Having set up a few IP cams around the house some years ago and faffing about with routers and DNS etc - I was genuinely astonished at how far they have come on and how relatively inexpensive they are these days.
    -- Switch on the camera. Download an app. Fire up app and create an account. Camera shows up on list and you tell it which router you want it to connect to. That's it !
    - Simple and easy to use app for remote access.
    - App can configure the camera remotely for motion detection/sensitivity/alerting etc
    - No motion detection zones though
    - Can record to optional on board micro SD up to 64Gb
    - Push motion detection alerts to phone
    - Impressive night vision
    - 2 way audio

Super little device.

Only issue is that Google have withdrawn cloud storage (possibly because they've acquired dropcam) and so Samsung are currently looking for an alternative soluton.

Cheers,

Prices have come down a lot as it moves forward with the latest technology.
    Hopefully Samsung come up with a solution.

Advertisement