Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish stamp duty on UK account

• 15-07-2015 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

FUMING. Just got off the phone with my UK bank who told me € 30 (£21.28) is being levied against my account as my registered address is now in Ireland. This is a bank that doesn't have presence here in Ireland! I am annoyed that 1) I didn't properly look into this 2) I would have cancelled the account had I known given I haven't even used that account in over 2 years!!

FYI for those who are moving over from the UK or maintain account across the sea.

Also looking for sympathy - I know it's not a lot of money, but it's money for NOTHING.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

bisounours wrote: »
    FUMING. Just got off the phone with my UK bank who told me € 30 (£21.28) is being levied against my account as my registered address is now in Ireland. This is a bank that doesn't have presence here in Ireland! I am annoyed that 1) I didn't properly look into this 2) I would have cancelled the account had I known given I haven't even used that account in over 2 years!!

FYI for those who are moving over from the UK or maintain account across the sea.

Also looking for sympathy - I know it's not a lot of money, but it's money for NOTHING.

yep.. know that feeling - with you posted this 7 years ago when I got the same letter!!

Advertisement