Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Tramore - secondary school and quiet and safe areas?

• 15-07-2015 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    I will move to Waterford soon and I am considering Tramore as a place to live. What do you think of this town?
    Is there any special area to avoid? What are the safer and quieter areas to rent a house?

Regarding the secondary school, is it a good school? I saw that it is a boys and girls school now. Would it be good for a girl in the junior cycle?

Thank you in advance!
    Andreia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Hia Andreia.
    Ill try answer some of your questions...
    I love this town and you could not of picked a better place to move to.

There is no areas here to avoid in Tramore, all are safe, friendly and will be welcoming to new inhabitants, Regarding the quieter areas to live, dont pick a holiday home or an appartment as it can be busy in the summer with tourists.
    Plenty of well established housing estates in Tramore... elmpark, summerville, newtown woods any area up in newtown, meadowbrook, clarinwood, everywhere in tramore is good except maybe closer to the beach and amusement park.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 8 andreia ferreira

Hia Andreia.
    Ill try answer some of your questions...
    I love this town and you could not of picked a better place to move to.

There is no areas here to avoid in Tramore, all are safe, friendly and will be welcoming to new inhabitants, Regarding the quieter areas to live, dont pick a holiday home or an appartment as it can be busy in the summer with tourists.
    Plenty of well established housing estates in Tramore... elmpark, summerville, newtown woods any area up in newtown, meadowbrook, clarinwood, everywhere in tramore is good except maybe closer to the beach and amusement park.

Good luck

Thank you very much! Really helpful as I really don't know anything about Tramore but I presumed it would be a quiet place (except for the summer with tourists)
    I am very excited to move to Tramore and hope to find a house soon 😊

Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

No problem at all.

I forgot to address your school question, my kids are not in secondary school yet, but I would have no reservations in sending them to ardscoil na Mara, its a newly built school with state of the art facilities. Most kids from Tramore and its surrounding area go there, but some parents send their kids to secondary school in Waterford city for various reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 IrishCalypso

Tramore is my "adopted" home town, I moved here in 1999 with my daughter and still love it.

To meet friends, events, etc. check out tramorewomen.com
    FB Page https://www.facebook.com/TramoreWomenNet
    Private group (women only): https://www.facebook.com/groups/tramorewomennet/
    Twitter: TramoreWomenNet

Open invite for coffee at 2ish each Friday at Moe's Cafe :)

Advertisement