Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you get your emergency tax back?

Options
  • 15-07-2015 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I started my first job about 3 months ago. I filled the form 12a out about 4 weeks ago, which was a week before I got paid. It taxed me on PAYE. I'm a little confused as to when I'm going to be stopped getting emergency taxed? Will it stop before I get paid next? Also does the form 12a give back the money you were taxed or do you have to fill out another form for that? Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

as soon as Revenue have processed your Form 12 they will issue a statement of credits/cut offs to your employer. When the next pay run is done after this, you should get back any tax due to you. you won't have to fill out another form, it should all work out soon as your employer has the info from Revenue. what you could do is contact Revenue yourself with your PPS number and your employer's registered number and check what the status is.

https://www.ros.ie/wiclo/index?lang=en

Advertisement