Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Tramore - secondary school and quiet and safe areas?

Options
  • 15-07-2015 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    I will move to Waterford soon and I am considering Tramore as a place to live. What do you think of this town?
    Is there any special area to avoid? What are the safer and quieter areas to rent a house?

Regarding the secondary school, is it a good school? I saw that it is a boys and girls school now. Would it be good for a girl in the junior cycle?

Thank you in advance!
    Andreia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Hi,
    I will move to Waterford soon and I am considering Tramore as a place to live. What do you think of this town?
    Is there any special area to avoid? What are the safer and quieter areas to rent a house?

Regarding the secondary school, is it a good school? I saw that it is a boys and girls school now. Would it be good for a girl in the junior cycle?

Thank you in advance!
    Andreia

The secondary school is considered to be very good indeed.

Tramore is a quite enough area to live in and I'd say it is very safe too. There isn't really a bad area. If you have teenagers, any of the estates are safe and quiet; Clarinwood, Ballycarnane Woods or any of the estates along the long road would be great for teenagers I'd say. Newtown Glen is lovely, very safe, quiet and extremely family friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Second that. Tramore in general is quiet and safe, Sure some estates are nicer than others but its really all families and no crazy stuff. They opened just this year a new mixed secondary school and I didn't hear anything bad and all my neighbours and friends have kids at that age. Only thing is they forgot a little about accessibility so you have a crazy run of cars every morning/afternoon if you live in the vicinity of it.

Advertisement