Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earlsfort Lane, Lucan

Options
  • 15-07-2015 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey,

Myself and my partner have been offered a house to rent in earlsfort lane, lucan. The house is very nice and the neighbors houses all looked well maintained also. I seen a few groups of teenagers in the estate as we were driving around, although that doesn't bother me it is something to think about.

My question's are:

1)Is the area safe enough for my partner to walk to and from the train in the mornings and evenings.

2)With its close proximity to ballyowen park that would be our go to spot to walk the dogs daily. ATM they get out 3 times a day but, but some evenings I work late so it would only be my partner taking them. Is the area/park safe enough for her and the dogs or should I be worried about it.

3) Is there anywhere or anything I should avoid in the general area.

Im not saying it is a bad area im just trying to get to know the area, any insight or information would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

There's fun to be had in Willsbrook Park ;)

Check out the 'Leper Hole' and while your at it 'The Zone'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Something more specific might help the OP who doesn't sound like a local and probably hasn't got a clue about what you're talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

Imo earlsfort is practically Clonddlkin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Imo earlsfort is practically Clonddlkin

It really is and would have been classified as Clondalkin bar the intervention of the late Liam Lawlor.

I'm gone from Lucan a few years but still have property in the area so I'm not totally out of the loop. Earlsfort and Foxborough would be my areas to avoid on that side of Lucan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Thats very unfair I think its physically much closer to Lucan then Clondalkin. The (alleged?) rezoning was Neilstown -> Lucan I believe from not Clondalkin. It was green fields that were rezoned as well not existing housing estates. Having grown up and gone to school in there general area (with lots of people from Lucan) and there is lasting memory of those from Lucan that those estates "aren't really Lucan" so you will hear and read that a lot.

I know people who lived there on and off and Earlsfort is fine, the main complaint is traffic at rush hour and you can say that about any of the Estates off the Ballyowen road. Earlsfort is quite insulated by Ballyowen park where as Foxborough is directly adjoining rougher estates and get more antisocial issues. There was a high profile gangland murder in Earlsfort but there have been high profile gangland murders all over Dublin. Its trivial to call out nice areas that have had serious one crimes.

Drop into Lucan Garda station and ask do they get many calls in the area, they will tell you its grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Rob O brien

have no idea what you are talking about!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Rew wrote: »
    Thats very unfair I think its physically much closer to Lucan then Clondalkin. The (alleged?) rezoning was Neilstown -> Lucan I believe from not Clondalkin. It was green fields that were rezoned as well not existing housing estates. Having grown up and gone to school in there general area (with lots of people from Lucan) and there is lasting memory of those from Lucan that those estates "aren't really Lucan" so you will hear and read that a lot.

I know people who lived there on and off and Earlsfort is fine, the main complaint is traffic at rush hour and you can say that about any of the Estates off the Ballyowen road. Earlsfort is quite insulated by Ballyowen park where as Foxborough is directly adjoining rougher estates and get more antisocial issues. There was a high profile gangland murder in Earlsfort but there have been high profile gangland murders all over Dublin. Its trivial to call out nice areas that have had serious one crimes.

Drop into Lucan Garda station and ask do they get many calls in the area, they will tell you its grand.
    of the course they will, they would call Ronanstown in Clondalkin as it serves the area

Advertisement