Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Irish Car Sales Websites - Which is the best one?

Options
  • 15-07-2015 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,
    Can anyone advise which of the car trading websites has the best sales performance? Which ones do buyers use most? Its hard to know from browsing the platforms.

I have a 2006 Toyota Avensis 1.6 VVTI Aura which I want to sell privately.

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

donedeal.ie for mostly private sales. As with selling anything expect to get inundated with tyre kickers, lonely hearts and scammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

As above. A little effort with the photos and a realistic asking price will really help. They're not a rare car, and aura is a less desirable spec - so you'll need to be on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nrandles

Thanks for your feedback @bazz26 and @colm_mcm.
    I'll have a very reasonable asking price as I'm relocating and have a need to sell. The car has less than 110km's on the clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Definitely DoneDeal.

I heard an ad the other from Carzone.ie where a guy with a foreign accent is like "Hi I'm a scammer and I want to buy your car" or "I'm living abroad and I want to buy your car".

Funny considering the first time I had to sell a car I used Carzone.ie and I was getting loads of emails through which had scammers saying they lived in XYZ and they will pay by bank transfer if I give my bank details and their mate will pick it up. Never had anything like this on DoneDeal.

The only problem with DoneDeal is lads ringing and offering less than half of the asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are several

donedeal.ie
    buyandsell.ie
    carzone.ie
    adverts.ie

Each site has its own advantages and shortcomings, donedeal is most used by people that frequent this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

And the obligatory guide to selling a used car: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056392340

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

I've used Done Deal in the past. What I'll do next time is also list on Adverts as a) it's added exposure and b) the ability to respond to comments and check commenters profiles could prove useful.

Be prepared to be offered swaps if you do list on Adverts though!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I really wouldn't bother trying to sell a car on adverts unless it was very cheap as nobody over there tends to have cash to buy it. The only currency over there tends to involve swapping. Any low ball offers will then be met with abuse when you turn it down or if you do get an acceptable offer the person making it no longer responds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Donedeal is the only show in town for a private sale on a car like that.

I totally agree with Bazz regarding adverts.

Advertisement