Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Health Insurance

• 15-07-2015 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Both my partner and I are under 30 we both are with VHI and have One Plan 500 + Travel Insurance. Up for renewal now. I'm trying to figure out the best plan for us but am totally bamboozled by the amount of contracts out there even with the HIA comparison website.

People have mentioned corporate plans to me but is that a thing of the past of them being beneficial.

I wanted to up both our levels of cover and sign up to a single policy if possible for the 2 of us.

It really is a confusing market to try and work through and I'd usually consider myself fairly good for sussing best value and protection out.

I'm also a company owner and director and my partner is an employee if that makes any difference to any possible advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 benw787

Take2Sean wrote: »
    Both my partner and I are under 30 we both are with VHI and have One Plan 500 + Travel Insurance. Up for renewal now. I'm trying to figure out the best plan for us but am totally bamboozled by the amount of contracts out there even with the HIA comparison website.

People have mentioned corporate plans to me but is that a thing of the past of them being beneficial.

I wanted to up both our levels of cover and sign up to a single policy if possible for the 2 of us.

It really is a confusing market to try and work through and I'd usually consider myself fairly good for sussing best value and protection out.

I'm also a company owner and director and my partner is an employee if that makes any difference to any possible advice.

There are alot of plans out there. If you are looking to up your cover ask what is important to you. I would stick with Vhi as they are established, have a good reputation in terms of paying out on claims and generally excellent customer service. The plan you have is fine but limits your cover in the hitec hospitals ( blackrock clinic, mater private, beacon, hermitage and galway clinic). Plus the excess u have for an overnight stay in hospital is huge. You have a few options, one plan 250 will half your excess and comes in at 797.50 per adult. However the best options to consider for yourselves in terms of what your getting for your premium id look at pmi 3713 (1011 per adult) or pmi 3613 (1175). Both of these are deemed corporate plans so are extremely competetive premium wise. They will both give you full cover to a private room in a public hosp, semi pvt in all pvt hospitals except blackrock and mater. The excess on pmi 3613 is 75 per admission and pmi3713 is 100 per admission (whether 1 hour or 10 nights). Unlike your current plan, these will both offer full cover for cardiac and back/ head ops( stent/bypass/spinal fusion) in the hitec hosps. There costly procedures and this is the kind of cover you want for proper peace of mind. The pmi 3613 is more expensiv3 as it allows ypu benefits back on typical day to dat receipts like doc dentist consultant a&e scans switfcare clinics. Also both gove alot more cover maternity wise if that were important. I would keep a travel policy too as your hosp plan wont cover repatraition and only has limited medical cover abroad. As for the last part of your q, if you own a business and have a mimmum of c.7 policies that you.might like included you can contact 1890 444444 and they will arrange a call back regardig maybe setting up a group scheme where premiums.can be deducted from salary. But there are no extra discounts for being in a group on these pmi plans. (Some plans may gove a10% discount but still work out more expensive. Finally, if you upgrade cover there a waiting periods of 26 weeks for new condtiions, 2 years for pre existing conditions and 52 weeks for maternity based claims. (Youll still have your prev level of cover in the meam time). A pre exisiting condit is deemed a medicial concern present or ongoing in the 6 months before you upgrade your health insurance. Hope this clears.it up a bit. Regards.

Advertisement