Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Phone not working

Options
  • 15-07-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I moved my modem and router upstairs but I want to keep the landline in the hall. When I connect the phone to the socket in the hall I cannot make or receive calls and there is a beeping dial tone. The internet works fine however.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

wolfpac wrote: »
    I moved my modem and router upstairs but I want to keep the landline in the hall. When I connect the phone to the socket in the hall I cannot make or receive calls and there is a beeping dial tone. The internet works fine however.

How is the wall socket in your hall connected to your modem exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

I moved the modem upstairs so the phone is connected directly to the wall via dsl cable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

wolfpac wrote: »
    I moved the modem upstairs so the phone is connected directly to the wall via dsl cable

The phone needs to be connected to your UPC modem. Unless the wall socket somehow connects back to your UPC modem then this isn't going to work as that's your old now disconnected Eircom line.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You need to disconnect your landline from the drop wire, then backfeed the modem into the internal loop within the house.

Going by the fact that you didn't cop this you need to hire and electrician to do this for you.

Advertisement