Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank screen xb1

Options
  • 15-07-2015 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Playing Halo last night, xbox one kept freezing, then dash started becoming responsive. Went downhill from there. Now when xbox one is switched on the green xbox logo screen comes on the sound plays, then straight after the screen goes black. Tried power cycling checked connection etc no avail anyone got any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

tkd93 wrote: »
    Playing Halo last night, xbox one kept freezing, then dash started becoming responsive. Went downhill from there. Now when xbox one is switched on the green xbox logo screen comes on the sound plays, then straight after the screen goes black. Tried power cycling checked connection etc no avail anyone got any ideas??

Checked the HDMI cable etc I presume? If I am honest, it does not sound good, you have it long? Should be still under warranty?

When you say power cycle did you just reboot it or did you hold the power button down for 10-15 seconds?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If in doubt, plug it out.

(then back in after a few minutes)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

No tried all them. Brought in back to argos got a free game 20 euro gift card new xbox and got to keep my previous free games result :)

No tried all them. Brought in back to argos got a free game 20 euro gift card new xbox and got to keep my previous free games result :)

Christ, did you agree to take the customer care agent out for a meal or something? :P How did you swing that one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Bought the halo bundle for 350 a month ago and got the witcher free as well. Had the witcher game on a separate receipt because I hadnt realized it was free until I was at the till. So halo is a digital code and they dont know about the witcher. they put the 350 on a giftcard. So i grand a new xbox for 330 with f1 2015 for free which leaves 20 quid on the gift card. Only downside side is f1 its only worth 33 in cex.

Bought the halo bundle for 350 a month ago and got the witcher free as well. Had the witcher game on a separate receipt because I hadnt realized it was free until I was at the till. So halo is a digital code and they dont know about the witcher. they put the 350 on a giftcard. So i grand a new xbox for 330 with f1 2015 for free which leaves 20 quid on the gift card. Only downside side is f1 its only worth 33 in cex.

Ah very nice mate, you going to trade F1? I might be interested if you are just going to trade it.

Advertisement