Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check your emobile bill - overcharging

Options
  • 15-07-2015 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

There seems to be a problem with the charges for UK text messaging. I have reviewed by bills for the previous 12 months and I have been charged for text messages that should have been free. In addition I have been charged for uk mobile calls where they should have been free. I have notified customer services about this. I would advise anybody with an emobile  / business bill to double check their statements and request a refund.

PS very disappointed with the level of customer service from one particular representative. Happy to make a formal complaint regarding their attitude. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there portcrap

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here on the Forum.  You say you got in touch with Customer Care, did they sort this out?  Did you call them or sent them an email?

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Hi there portcrap

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here on the Forum.  You say you got in touch with Customer Care, did they sort this out?  Did you call them or sent them an email?

-Al
    Hi Al,

Phoned them the customer team said it was a problem with the system. They were great to be honest. Was transferred to someone in sales to discuss upgrading my contract but they had very poor customer skills. She said she would get a manager to contact me yesterday, but still no call. They did admit a problem with overcharging and having checked my bills for the last year it seems to extend back that long. Hopefully a refund will be forthcoming!? Also it was obvious she was not versed in the terms and conditions of the contract plus the plan I was on. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

portcrap wrote: »
    Hi there portcrap

-Al
    Hi Al,

Phoned them the customer team said it was a problem with the system. They were great to be honest. Was transferred to someone in sales to discuss upgrading my contract but they had very poor customer skills. She said she would get a manager to contact me yesterday, but still no call. They did admit a problem with overcharging and having checked my bills for the last year it seems to extend back that long. Hopefully a refund will be forthcoming!? Also it was obvious she was not versed in the terms and conditions of the contract plus the plan I was on. 
    Hi portcrap
    if you PM me with your details we can ensure you receive a call on this and we can also report  the issue you had with response to your original and latest call.
    Tony

Pmd Information Tony, No response from eircom at all?

portcrap wrote: »
    Pmd Information Tony, No response from eircom at all?
    Hi Tony, there has been no follow up or pm from yourself or Eircom for nearly three weeks now!? May I please get a response?

• Advertisement

Hi portcrap
    if you PM me with your details we can ensure you receive a call on this and we can also report  the issue you had with response to your original and latest call.
    Tony

Still no response or call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Apologies portcrap

Tony has not been available recently, could you please forward the PM to me?

Thanks
    Al

Over two months later and I still have not received a response, despite posting here, pm-ing the representatives on this forum and phoning the customer care centre.

Folks this is really really bad form. My options now include bringing this to comreg. I will be insisting that all customers on eircom / emobile / eir be notified of this practice. I am certain it is an issue with the billing system and all customers are affected. I will give you till 5pm Monday. If no response is forthcoming, I am afraid I will have to seek redress form the regulator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

They're probably using the extra cash from people's bills to help pay for their rebranding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I have almost exactly the same issue. Only I get the free calls to UK, but am charged for the texts. I raised the issue on the Chat facility on the website. The agent explained it was a system issue. They promised to refer the issue up the line. But I'm still being charged. 

Here is the footnote on the business.eir.ie small business mobile plans page:

[font=gtwalsheim_light, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mobile from eir Business[/font]
    [font=gtwalsheim_light, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Inclusive minutes & texts covers calls to ROI and UK, as well as roaming in UK, EU and USA. Out of bundle rates are the rates charged when the minutes/texts/data allowance included in your plan is exceeded. Please check current out of bundle rates for UK, EU and USA on http://roaming.emobile.ie/business/. 12 month minimum contract required. 18 and 24 months contract available. Inclusive UK, EU and USA roaming allowance applies to calls & texts. 250MB of data can be used in either UK, EU or USA. Allowance excludes roaming in all other destinations. Premium rate usage is excluded. Rates quoted ex VAT. Fair usage and terms and conditions apply. For sim only 30 day contract apply.[/font]

[font=gtwalsheim_light, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can Eir explain this, please.[/font]

• Advertisement

I have almost exactly the same issue. Only I get the free calls to UK, but am charged for the texts. I raised the issue on the Chat facility on the website. The agent explained it was a system issue. They promised to refer the issue up the line. But I'm still being charged. 

Here is the footnote on the business.eir.ie small business mobile plans page:

[font=gtwalsheim_light, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mobile from eir Business[/font]
    [font=gtwalsheim_light, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Inclusive minutes & texts covers calls to ROI and UK, as well as roaming in UK, EU and USA. Out of bundle rates are the rates charged when the minutes/texts/data allowance included in your plan is exceeded. Please check current out of bundle rates for UK, EU and USA on http://roaming.emobile.ie/business/. 12 month minimum contract required. 18 and 24 months contract available. Inclusive UK, EU and USA roaming allowance applies to calls & texts. 250MB of data can be used in either UK, EU or USA. Allowance excludes roaming in all other destinations. Premium rate usage is excluded. Rates quoted ex VAT. Fair usage and terms and conditions apply. For sim only 30 day contract apply.[/font]

[font=gtwalsheim_light, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can Eir explain this, please.[/font]

Still no response believe it or not. Filed an official complaint with the regulator. They are following up. Also forwarding a letter of complaint to the company's senior management team with a breakdown of all discussions and interactions with the customer service team. Nothing short of complete ineptitude. Simply not good enough!!!

Advertisement