Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 Rugby Championship Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Argentina up 7-3, mincing SA in the scrum. SA have been really poor. There was a strange TMO call though, an Argentinian player hit Burger in the head with his shoulder in a tackle and the TMO said that because there was an attempted wrap of the arms there was no foul.

14-3 now.

Argentina pouring it on. 19-6, try in the corner. SA could be in big trouble, being massively outplayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Fantastic football on display by Argentina atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 curious incident

Another great try, SA are in trouble here.

Try for De Jager, SA hitting right back.

Bosch long range kick brings it to 27-13 to Argentina. Awful SA performance. Koch has dominated all opponents in Super Rugby, and Ayerza is mincing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

Anyone think that Argentina can pull this one off? 40 minutes to go but I can see the Boks coming back a raging in the second half.

Coburger wrote: »
    Anyone think that Argentina can pull this one off? 40 minutes to go but I can see the Boks coming back a raging in the second half.

They've blown it before against SA but 14 points is a big lead. If they continue to dominate scrums they'll be plenty able to score more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 curious incident

What was that?

• Advertisement

Argentina try while the camera wasn't even watching! Quick tap after Poite called time back on for a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Seemed a bit bizarre that Poite called time on when there was still 3/4 medics around the ball?
    About time some luck went the Argies way in the Rugby Championship though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

I've a funny feeling South Africa will still win this one. They'll run in two late tries, hope I'm wrong.

37-20 to Argentina around 15 minutes left. Argentina have never before beaten South Africa. Fair to say they've had the rub of the green though, that latest drop goal followed a knock on, SA had to retake a 5 metre lineout (they won the original, lost the retake) due to another ball on the pitch, and the controversial Argentina try which was similar to O'Gara's try against SA years ago.

Silly silly mistakes by SA taking the steam out if their attacks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just realised this game is in SA too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Super result, delighted for the Pumas!

Well done Argentina!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭A-Train

Great win for Argentina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Unreal result. Didn't bother watching this until the last five minutes and wish I had now. So the Argentinians are no longer along just to make up the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Fully deserved. South Africa under a lot of pressure and just yielded too many mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

What a win for the Pumas. Great to see.

Can't remember the last time SA were this bad. Taking awful form into the world cup.

Silly silly mistakes by SA taking the steam out if their attacks

Delighted I was and delighted the Pumas won!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

matthew8 wrote: »
    Can't remember the last time SA were this bad. Taking awful form into the world cup.

In fairness they had a good game against the all blacks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I know it was a shortened tournament this year but South Africa finish bottom and without a win. Not great prep for the World Cup. Great to see JdV get a full 80 minutes of test rugby though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

It was a shttiy meaningless match that South Africa didn't care about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

MikeSD wrote: »

Rubbish, no team wants to lose at home, especially to the minnows of the game.

Not a meaningless match at all. SA were desperate to win, named their strongest possible side and if they didn't care about it, nobody told the crowd who were getting very animated.

Del.Monte wrote: »

You know and I know that Argentina would have bent over if it meant something.

• Advertisement

Argentina.... minnow? They've got to the World Cup semi final which Ireland have never done, plus have we ever beaten South Africa in South Africa?

Argentina.... minnow? They've got to the World Cup semi final which Ireland have never done, plus have we ever beaten South Africa in South Africa?

Gonna back him up here. Argentina have declined a lot since 2007. It's like saying Hungary aren't a minnow at soccer because of their history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Pienaar looked near tears at the end. I don't think any player wants to be on the losing side to a team who has never beaten them before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Argentina... minnow??? :rolleyes: Far from minnows.
    Its a month to world cup. Its their second last game ahead of that competition. Doesn't bode well if they weren't bothered
    Lovely try and jersey. By God argentina have lovely kit.

Know it's a one off jersey but where can I buy one?
    Not for sale in Europe Afaik.

I know it was a shortened tournament this year but South Africa finish bottom and without a win. Not great prep for the World Cup. Great to see JdV get a full 80 minutes of test rugby though.

From their recent results, I guess SA are thankful with the group they got. How is it not possible for them to top their group? So looking forward to the world cup kicking off.

Coburger wrote: »
    From their recent results, I guess SA are thankful with the group they got. How is it not possible for them to top their group? So looking forward to the world cup kicking off.

That's true, they benefited from Wales getting stuck in Pool A. They could almost treat their pool matches as their warm ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I haven't seen any full RC games this year, but why is Toomua not starting at 12 for Australia? I know Giteau is a fine player, really good in fact, but surely Toomua is a better 12? Maybe it's just me, but I'm a huge, huge fan of his; absolutely class act, brilliant playmaker, makes things happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

delighted for Argentina - like the islanders the odds are stacked against them , and were beginning to look out of there depth in the expanded 3 nations - Super result - and as regards the condescending comments - its not that long ago they got the better of our dream team at a World cup , and knocked us out in another WC '99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I haven't seen any full RC games this year, but why is Toomua not starting at 12 for Australia? I know Giteau is a fine player, really good in fact, but surely Toomua is a better 12? Maybe it's just me, but I'm a huge, huge fan of his; absolutely class act, brilliant playmaker, makes things happen.

He's played mostly at 12 in the last 2 seasons and I suppose people would be questioning Cheika if Giteau was brought back and then doesn't play.
    I agree with you though, I watch a lot of him at the Brumbies and all AUS games, and he should definitely start either at 10 or 12.

Fireball07 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure he started at 12 against Argentina. He got a knock and had to come off after 10 minutes though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Reports thqt Jean DV out for 6-8 weeks with a fractured jaw

Wang King wrote: »
    Reports thqt Jean DV out for 6-8 weeks with a fractured jaw

That's tough for him but to be honest I think the best he could have hoped for at the WC was a place on the bench, which is still possible with a fractured jaw, right? Watching the previous RC matches I think it's hard to see anyone other than Kriel and D'e Allande playing in the centre for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

First scrum and Aus just splinter NZ again. What is going on with the NZ scrum? Like this is Woodcock and Franks, they're the first choice props. I don't think it's been destructive or anything recently but I can't remember them taking pastings like this.

Very un-NZ like start from NZ. Kicking the leather off it, turned over a couple of times, haven't really carried the ball out of their own half.

Aus look very physical which isn't what I'd associate their pack with if you look at the names on paper really.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Why is Australia's name first on Sky Sports score board thing? Don't the home team always show first?

andymx11 wrote: »
    Why is Australia's name first on Sky Sports score board thing? Don't the home team always show first?

Maybe they do Aus at NZ, similar to US sports? Alphabetical order?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Maybe they do Aus at NZ, similar to US sports? Alphabetical order?

Hmm maybe! Can't remember how it was last week.

Ok this is probably old old news but is that Ledesma in the Aus coaching box?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Ok this is probably old old news but is that Ledesma in the Aus coaching box?

Yep, hired a month ago to help with the scrum

Advertisement