Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PME

• 15-07-2015 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey everyone. I'm brand new to this site so I apologise in advance for any mistakes that I make.

I'm considering applying for the PME through PAC this December but I know already that I'm at a severe disadvantage due to my notoriously bad ability under exams. I graduated in 2014 with a 2:2 degree and I'm about to graduate with another 2:2 grade in a HDip.

I've wanted to be able to teach for a long time and I have a horrible gut feeling that I'd be wasting my time applying for any masters, let alone the PME due to this problem I have.

Should I go ahead and apply or should I forget about it altogether?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Scarman117 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I'm brand new to this site so I apologise in advance for any mistakes that I make.

I'm considering applying for the PME through PAC this December but I know already that I'm at a severe disadvantage due to my notoriously bad ability under exams. I graduated in 2014 with a 2:2 degree and I'm about to graduate with another 2:2 grade in a HDip.

I've wanted to be able to teach for a long time and I have a horrible gut feeling that I'd be wasting my time applying for any masters, let alone the PME due to this problem I have.

Should I go ahead and apply or should I forget about it altogether?

Thanks!

Apply! Minimum 2.2 requirement doesn't come in until 2016 so you could still get onto the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Scarman117

Apply! Minimum 2.2 requirement doesn't come in until 2016 so you could still get onto the course!

Really? Where did you hear about this? Thanks for the help by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Phoenix2015

Hi Scarman117,

Just a quick question what is your primary degree in, and also why are you applying to the PME as it was previously known as a hDip. Your primary degree will state if you are eligible or not. Also in relation to your hDip, did you do that course here through a university or is it through a private college?, as sometimes PAC award marks for other courses which are relevant to to your primary degree or the intended course you wish to stydy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Scarman117

Hi Phoenix2015,

My primary degree is in Geography and Sociology. I intend to apply for the PME because I want to be able to teach in a second level institution. In relation to the HDip I just completed, I studied in St. Patrick's Pontifical University in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BonCourage

hey everyone, applied to PME in all the NUIs a couple of weeks back. On the PAC system, I will get 43 point, points for UCD last year were 37*, does anyone know if I will get in or not? What does the star mean?

Thanks a mill in advance!!

BonCourage!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 nenakenny

Hi everyone,

I'm in desperate need of advice. I graduated from Maynooth last year with a 2.1 Bachelor of Social Science and I want to do a PME in primary education. I'm looking for some guidance before I apply for 2017. Should I be looking for experience or is it fully necessary? The only experience I have is 10 workdays in a primary school along with a full week (95 hours in total). Given that this is all my experience should I just do a Bachelor of Education? Also, I 'd rather not be in Ireland at the minute, I do want to go somewhere different but is it worth doing a PGDE in Scotland, where I was thinking, and having to do Irish after?

Any information is greatly, GREATLY, appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TKLEMON

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone is going about applying for the PME through PAC this December? I'm so confused by the subject declaration form, and the process in general. Would greatly appreciate any advice! :)

Advertisement