Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen price what do you think?

Options
  • 15-07-2015 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

So I got this quote from a Dublin company on the following do you think it's about right or steep.

Kitchen with Oak laminate countertop and cream wood cupboards with three appliances and using only CDA branded items, cooker hood, Slimline Dishwasher & 50/50 Frost Free Fridge Freezer.

Including labour, installation and removal of old kitchen

Total - €10,800

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

miss choc wrote: »
    So I got this quote from a Dublin company on the following do you think it's about right or steep.

Kitchen with Oak laminate countertop and cream wood cupboards with three appliances and using only CDA branded items, cooker hood, Slimline Dishwasher & 50/50 Frost Free Fridge Freezer.

Including labour, installation and removal of old kitchen

Total - €10,800

Seems very pricey to me, what are you being charged for appliances? Usually cheaper to get yourself but have you got prices elsewhere for similar? When I got my kitchen the prices varied between 2800 to 14000. Shopped around and went to at least 5 different stores, was worth it in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I was quoted initially for 8/9k as he said there would be a sale in August but due to budget restraints the bosses at the top arent lowering appliance prices and the price stands at that. €1400 for the Hood, Slimline Dishwasher & 50/50 Frost Free Fridge Freezer. TBH cos I don't do lots of driving I only tried here cash and carry seemingly dont get rid of your old kitchen which put me off as I want everything done in one go. Was wondering about IKEA or B&Q

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭893bet

Depends on how big the kitchen is really?

A small kitchen/dining about 333m x 362m

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭893bet

A assume it is an L kitchen? not three walls?

Either way you are being robbed.

A decent carpenter would make and fit significantly cheaper. I am sure the like of b&Q would blow it out of the water.

For comparison a carpenter friend of mine fitted a 3.5m x 5m, oak doors, units above and below, pelmut over windows etc for 6K 3 years ago for me.

If you dont know someone who makes kitchens i would definately look to shop around. Get two more prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hi, I am looking for a galley kitchen just one side about 6m long. A few presses on the other side, but nothing major.

My problem is that I have no one to help me remove the electrics/old kitchen/remove tiles and so on. So that will surely increase the price. But it has to be part of the package in my circs.

all very well to say that X or Y will do for Z. Not everyone will be in a position to get the place ready for installation themselves.

Any suggestions on companies that will refit from start to finish for me?

I'm a bit stuck right now, as most say get the place empty and electrics tiling etc. removed before they install.

I am sure there are some out there, but I am weary now of trying to find one, and when I do, no reviews online just a crappy website.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Feels like crazy money, try a few independents, where are you based?

I'm the same as you Spanish Eyes I dont have a neighbour, relative know someone that can do this and that I want someone to just remove and install what I pick out and a place I can get Kitchen/appliances all in the one place. The place I looked as isnt b&q its another big place. I don't think cash and carry remove your old kitchen. Any companies that would do an all in in Dublin at a cheaper price greatly appreciated.

North Dublin near enough city

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Best thing you can do is go and get a few more prices. I know it's a pain though! I found the smaller companies to have the best value (I'm not in Dublin, so they weren't too hard to find where I am). If they don't have big showrooms/overheads, you might get more value.
    I found that cash and carry kitchens gave the most expensive quote when I was looking around. Though I got some great ideas there!

• Advertisement

Good thing is I know exactly what I want and the place emailed me the cad design of my kitchen with the style I want so I guess I could email and show the guys that. If anyone know of good priced all in one Dublin fitters/kitchen companies would love to know

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Ask kitchen suppliers if they would recommend someone and get their prices separately. Also you should buy your appliances yourself, there is a difference in prices, energy ratings, quality and look of appliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Got a new kitchen in january

White gloss
    900mm wall units 8 I think (L kitchen)
    Worktop
    choice of handles
    brushed steel sink + taps
    Soft close doors and drawers
    cutlery inserts

€2800

steel backsplash+ worktop upstand 250
    integrated microwave and extractor 300

I used my old washing machine and dishwasher

That is very cheap delop
    I am practically getting the same cream kitchen/laminate worktop and even with a dishwasher, cookerhood and fridge they shouldnt be that dear I am waiting to hear from another place it's great to have the CAD done that I can just email the attachment.
    I just want to get everything done by the one company as havent time to go looking around at separate places/builders/fitters hoping can get cheaper than 10,800

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭wandererz

Miss Choc,

-snip-
    They came in under 7k if i recall along with Silestone counter top. Everyone else was much more expensive. I then chose the best appliances i could afford, which almost doubled the price.
    But that was my choice and was what i wanted. I also needed all appliances and went overboard on some of them.

But in terms of getting a great kitchen, give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭rampantbunny

That might just be the biggest kitchen in the world ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lavenderlady

Hi Wandererz
    Just wondering could you pm me the name of the kitchen company you went with
    Thanks

Advertisement