Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda age card

Options
  • 15-07-2015 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just wondering if an age card actually does come in 2 weeks, because i was reading a few old posts and there were some horror stories on it, and on the website it has told me that mine has been dispatched today, and the garda station i went to was Blanchardstown.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well it's a couple of years ago now. I applied for mine on a Saturday and had it back on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

I applied for one When I was 18. I'm 34 now and I still haven't got it yet.

Did you include the Annex C with your application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

My birthday is in September, I wonder how soon I can apply for it or do I have to wait until my actual birthday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Horror stories? I could use a good scare. Let's hear some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Time for bed OP, sleep tight & maybe Postman Padraig will have a nice surprise for you in the morning...bless ;) :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I got mine within 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

If you become known to the Gardai you won't need an age card.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Just wondering if an age card actually does come in 2 weeks, because i was reading a few old posts and there were some horror stories on it, and on the website it has told me that mine has been dispatched today, and the garda station i went to was Blanchardstown.

I dont think it matters what station you go to because they all get sent away anyway.... but if you dont get it on time they are not life or death! If its late and you miss a night drinking, fretting over it isnt going to change it. It will arrive eventually.
    Its just a piece of plastic...... A renewed driving licence is more important!
    Plus, I used my ID less than 10 times when i got mine because the front where your pic is scatches/wears off quickly..

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

Thanks.

From recent experience it arrived within a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

My birthday is in September, I wonder how soon I can apply for it or do I have to wait until my actual birthday?

You have to wait until you are 18

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

exador wrote: »
    You have to wait until you are 18

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I think mine took a month if not was 2-3 weeks on average that was over 10 years ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Anyone notice that Lidl only accept these age card things recently. They're so anal about this issue, you feel like you're committing a crime approaching the counter with alcohol. I'm 8 years legal and still get interrogated but what took the biscuit recently was that one of these clowns wouldn't accept my passport as proof of age. Where do these people get off on doing this, it's embarrassing having to put drink back with everyone in the queue looking at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

When I was a young fella we didnt have age cards. The only photo ID most people had was their drivers licence. But if you were on a provisional then there was no photo on it. But still most pubs accepted that as proof that you were over 18....seems kinda stupid now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Menas wrote: »
    When I was a young fella we didnt have age cards. The only photo ID most people had was their drivers licence. But if you were on a provisional then there was no photo on it. But still most pubs accepted that as proof that you were over 18....seems kinda stupid now!

I got into a nightclub once using just a Paddy Power online betting card as ID with no photo, name or any info on it.

I love Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Menas wrote: »

I must be even older than you because we could just blag our way in. We used to pick the oldest looking and send him up to the bar.

Andy (avec 4 O'Clock shadow) "Hello , could I have four pints of Light and Bitter please."
    Three Numpties "Feckin Hell, Andy, you cnut, its obviously a pint if its Light and Bitter. We'll be chuck ..... "

Four pints arrive

"Andy, good lad."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

sometimes a gamble just pays off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Anyone notice that Lidl only accept these age card things recently. They're so anal about this issue, you feel like you're committing a crime approaching the counter with alcohol. I'm 8 years legal and still get interrogated but what took the biscuit recently was that one of these clowns wouldn't accept my passport as proof of age. Where do these people get off on doing this, it's embarrassing having to put drink back with everyone in the queue looking at you.

I wouldn't be putting anything back for them if it was me.

Advertisement