Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctity of Life (Abortion Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

One thing the Republican dominated Congress will ensure that more funding will go to such programmes in a post-PP scenario.

This is a joke right?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

We're a heck of a lot closer to such a wonderful outcome than ever before. :)

Sure we are. Just look up Planned Parenthood's history. The same activist group has tried plenty of times to shut it down by making up controversy and still here they are.

Also, no lawmakers are looking to defund PP. Even the talking heads on the right, like Rush Limbaugh, are quick to point out this is only about taking federal tax dollars away from Planned Parenthood, there is no measure being set in place to shut them down at all.

In fact, after Presidential Candidate and next Bush in line for the Dynasty (lol) Jeb Bush gaffed "I'm not sure we need half a billion dollars for women's health issues," Planned Parenthood has received counter donations from people "In honor of Jeb Bush"

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update/2015/0806/Supporters-donate-to-Planned-Parenthood-in-honor-of-Jeb-Bush

On the Investigation Circuit, Florida so far has come back WITH RESULTS! GET THE PITCHFORKS!!! OMG!! Not really.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/06/florida-inspectors-cite-four-planned-parenthood-locations-for-violations/

They found 4 violations: 1 violation of a facility that had improper logs for disposal of fetal remains - which is not itself damning evidence of sale and lacks any context at least until a report is fully published. If it were more damning, the headline would be far bolder. The other 3 violations were for performing second trimester abortions without correct licensing, which itself is in dispute:
    "The claim that any of our health centers are performing procedures we are not licensed to perform is false and seemingly stems from AHCA flip-flopping on their own rules and definitions of gestational periods," executive director Laura Goodhue said.

For each violation, Planned Parenthood might have to cough up as much as $500 per (although that's the maximum, it could be less). So, you know, not going out of business that way :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

lazygal wrote: »
    So I can donate to this essential service. Good to know.

Go for it.

How many states are "defunding" PP?
    One so far. An impossible scenario prior to the videos being released.

It's only fair when Tom Monaghan pumps money into crypto-fascists like Youth Defence.

Whats a crypto-fascist? I like to understand the titles people put on me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Judging by the 5 videos, they'll take money from anyone for all sorts of services rendered.

Oh god, it's like a broken record. Please tell me, where in any of the five videos does it show what you are claiming?

How many states are "defunding" PP?

So far Louisiana and New Hampshire. NH did so without any investigation. Louisiana began investigation in July, and has not returned any conclusions. Neither facility in louisiana performs abortions, and Jindal when he called for the defunding cited that PP doesnt respect human life, etc. and again, they don't abort in the state.
    Jindal and DHH decided to give the 30-day notice to terminate the Planned Parenthood Medicaid provider contract "because Planned Parenthood does not represent the values of the State of Louisiana in regards to respecting human life," the announcement said. "Pending the ongoing investigation, DHH reserves the right to amend the cancellation notice and terminate the provider agreement immediately should cause be determined."
    http://www.nola.com/health/index.ssf/2015/08/louisiana_terminates_its_medic.html

Overheal wrote: »
    So far Louisiana and New Hampshire. NH did so without any investigation. Louisiana began investigation in July, and has not returned any conclusions. Neither facility in louisiana performs abortions, and Jindal when he called for the defunding cited that PP doesnt respect human life, etc. and again, they don't abort in the state.

http://www.nola.com/health/index.ssf/2015/08/louisiana_terminates_its_medic.html

Two States? Get in!!

robdonn wrote: »
    Oh god, it's like a broken record. Please tell me, where in any of the five videos does it show what you are claiming?

By the lunch’s end, Gatter suggests $100 per specimen is not enough and concludes, “Let me just figure out what others are getting, and if this is in the ballpark, then it’s fine, if it’s still low, then we can bump it up. I want a Lamborghini.”

Gatter also suggests modifying the abortion procedure to get more intact fetuses: “I wouldn’t object to asking Ian, who’s our surgeon who does the cases, to use an IPAS [manual vacuum aspirator] at that gestational age in order to increase the odds that he’s going to get an intact specimen.”

Watch the videos and read the reports, listen to an hour or two of Ray Darcy. YOu can't expect these people to actually provide proper references to things that only exist in their imaginations.

I still haven't been told what abusive or bad language was used.

• Advertisement

Two States? Get in!!

Yay, celebrate the closing of a center that doesn't provide the service you find abhorrent which will result in more people needing the service you find abhorrent.

Logic

Jayop wrote: »
    Watch the videos and read the reports, listen to an hour or two of Ray Darcy. YOu can't expect these people to actually provide proper references to things that only exist in their imaginations.

Ray Darcy being the loudest advocate for abortion on the Irish airwaves. :)

Yay, celebrate the closing of a center that doesn't provide the service you find abhorrent which will result in more people needing the service you find abhorrent.

Logic

Close them up, throw away the key.

Godwin time. The Nazis built great roads. ;)

Try listening to Rush Limbaugh. He had a caller half an hour ago while I was in the car:

caller: don't they know [the left] are just hurting themselves by killing off potential new voters, for the low income bracket?

rush: no they're not.

caller: ...oh.?

rush: because they're taking in illegal immigrants.

Oh how brilliant they both are. Yeah, don't listen to media personalities, they're morons.

• Moderators Posts: 51,765 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

MOD NOTE

If a poster is posting in a abusive fashion then posters are reminded to use the report button. This is the same from any swearing/profanity.

Thanks for your attention.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Ray Darcy being the loudest advocate for abortion on the Irish airwaves. :)

He's also the hardest person to listen to on Irish airwaves, so in this instance I'll happily accept your viewpoint rather than forcing myself to listen to that complete **** for an hour.

Seriously though, if you're anti-abortion then you should be happy to see family planning and free birth control services offered in centers that don't provide abortions. The closing or de-funding of these centers will cause more abortions. It makes no sense at all.

The good roads the Nazi's built were used to bring people to death camps. The centers that are closing are used to stop the baby killing as you call it.

Apples and oranges.

Unless you're against Birth Control too. Do you mind me asking are you?

Delirium wrote: »
    MOD NOTE

If a poster is posting in a abusive fashion then posters are reminded to use the report button. This is the same from any swearing/profanity.

I don't think anyone really was. It's all very cordial.

• Moderators Posts: 51,765 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

MOD NOTE

Consider this a warning to cease with this type of posting. It adds nothing to the topic and could be viewed as an attempt to wind up other posters.

I don't think anyone really was. It's all very cordial.
    I appreciate you're attempting to clarify the situation but it's a general rule that when a mod posts, you don't derail the the thread by discussing moderation. Please bear this in mind in future.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

One so far. An impossible scenario prior to the videos being released.

And you think this is the end of PP?

It's akin to Citi bank firing a janitor and you claiming they are in financial dire straits because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Several friends of mine work in Marie Stopes.....................

Birds of a feather and all that.

• Advertisement

hinault wrote: »
    Birds of a feather .....

...help those in need together?

volchitsa wrote: »
    FWIW she was a dentist.....

Quackery.

He's also the hardest person to listen to on Irish airwaves, so in this instance I'll happily accept your viewpoint rather than forcing myself to listen to that complete **** for an hour.

Seriously though, if you're anti-abortion then you should be happy to see family planning and free birth control services offered in centers that don't provide abortions. The closing or de-funding of these centers will cause more abortions. It makes no sense at all.

The good roads the Nazi's built were used to bring people to death camps. The centers that are closing are used to stop the baby killing as you call it.

Apples and oranges.

Unless you're against Birth Control too. Do you mind me asking are you?
    I have no problem with some forms of birth control that can and should be provided from Federal or State sources. PP doesn't have a monopoly.

When I was born, safe and sound in a religious run hospital. No dirty wards like in Rhona's hospital.

And to think that Rhona's father was one of the great St.Vincent DePaul men in the Dublin conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Quackery.

Dentistry is quackery now? Or are you implying something else?

And to think that Rhona's father was one of the great St.Vincent DePaul men in the Dublin conference.

I didn't know that.

I have no problem with some forms of birth control that can and should be provided from Federal or State sources. PP doesn't have a monopoly.

Yeah it's well known around the world how easy it is for the lower classes in the US to gain access to healthcare.

...help those in need together?

By taking human lives.

lazygal wrote: »
    Dentistry is quackery now? Or are you implying something else?

Would you go to an optician to diagnose why your experiencing heart palpitations?

Quackery.

• Advertisement

I didn't know that.

Rhona's dad was a very decent man.

Advertisement