Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctity of Life (Abortion Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,765 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

hinault wrote: »
    Alabama this time.

Disappointing to see more defunding before an investigation has been carried out.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

If that's relevant, so is mentioning Youth Defence's friends Eoghan de Faoite, Justin Barrett and Michael Quinn.

All three have done sterling work in the defence of unborn children and their mothers.

More defunding of the Butchers announced.

Alabama this time.

We have momentum on our side. :)

You may well be aware of Margaret Sanger and her "views".
    Others here may not.

The High Priestess of Eugenics and Abortion deserves a mention.

Are the folks at Amnesty International aware of Sanger?

Alas Amnesty are some of the loudest cheerleader for abortion in Ireland.

The irony. A so called human rights group denying the right to life of unborn human life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

You may well be aware of Margaret Sanger and her "views".
    Others here may not.

The High Priestess of Eugenics and Abortion deserves a mention.

Are the folks at Amnesty International aware of Sanger?

And what have her "views" got to do with the topic of this thread? Was she a "dentist" too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

All three have done sterling work in the defence of unborn children and their mothers.

...so long as they are Catholic and Irish. Justin Barrett has spoken at rallies for the NPD and the neo-fascist-linked Forza Nuova, and has called immigration "genocidal". Michael Quinn's even further to the right and has gone full retard neo-Nazi.

I forgot to add Fr Maurice Colgan, a founding member of Youth Defence who was once the room-mate of a neo-Nazi punk musician named Anthony Barnes, and in 1999 he and Quinn picketed Adelaide Hospital and assaulted gardai with their signs.

...so long as they are Catholic and Irish. Justin Barrett has spoken at rallies for the NPD and the neo-fascist-linked Forza Nuova, and has called immigration "genocidal". Michael Quinn's even further to the right and has gone full retard neo-Nazi.

I forgot to add Fr Maurice Colgan, a founding member of Youth Defence who was once the room-mate of a neo-Nazi punk musician named Anthony Barnes, and in 1999 he and Quinn picketed Adelaide Hospital and assaulted gardai with their signs.
    All noble defenders of unborn babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

You have blinding bias on your side. Please tell me, why are these states removing funding for Planned Parenthood without a single shred of evidence of wrongdoing? Even though you are obviously delighted that PP has lost funding in 3 states, are you not concerned in the slightest that these politicians made these decisions without facts? Policy was enacted based on rumours and nothing more and it is sickening.

robdonn wrote: »
    You have blinding bias on your side. Please tell me, why are these states removing funding for Planned Parenthood without a single shred of evidence of wrongdoing? Even though you are obviously delighted that PP has lost funding in 3 states, are you not concerned in the slightest that these politicians made these decisions without facts? Policy was enacted based on rumours and nothing more and it is sickening.

Hey, let me be clear as crystal. I'm delighted PP is losing its State funding. With or without the fantastic video stings of their money hungry leadership.

Hey, let me be clear as crystal. I'm delighted PP is losing its State funding. With or without the fantastic video stings of their money hungry leadership.

So you're okay with rumour being used to implement policy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The media consistently get their reportage wrong too.

Like when they report clinics are selling fetal tissue when they aren't ;)
    Two Sheds wrote: »
    It's not just my interpretation. Her 'joke' didn't go viral because she was talking about costs; it went viral because she was talking about selling baby parts for profit.

Of course :rolleyes: I had ignorantly assumed it went viral because some fruitcakes out there are driven nuts that a woman is in control of her own body and did everything possible to twist non-news into a controversy. Still waiting on the smoking gun.
    They hate PP more than anything.

Republicans with many Democrats will ensure other services are provided on a Federal or State level is it ensures the end of PP.

At least I hope so.

You only serve to corroborate your lack of knowledge about domestic US politics then, as there are *plenty* of things they hate more than Planned Parenthood. Obamacare and Iran being two of those things. And more recently, Donald Trump.
    What medical journal states abortion curing sepsis?

Being willfully obtuse, as nobody ever suggested that. A dentist would know about sepsis because it is a medical complication that (in addition to being linked as a possible consequence to miscarriage/abortion) is something they would regularly encounter during oral surgery.
    The death of PP would be the greatest achievement of the Pro-Life Movement this century.

Which is laughable: 44 million abortions a year are estimated around the globe, and planned parenthood makes up about 200,000 at best. Therefore, shutting down Planned Parenthoods abortion facilities (which will not happen - at best, federal funds will be pulled out of it but that does not eliminate their ability to operate) will only in your wildest dreams stop One Half of One Percent Of All Abortions Performed Globally, Per Year. If that is truly the greatest achievement of the Pro-Life movement this century, then the pro-life movement aint doing jack diddly squat.
    Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to watch the Republican debate from last night.

I wonder if the IT, RTE, NT etc censored the references to the PP scandal.
    Then you didn't watch the Fox News sponsored debate, as Planned Parenthood came up and was by no means censored.
    Merely the momentum of ignorance.

Delirium wrote: »
    So you're okay with rumour being used to implement policy?

These videos bringing down the murky activities of PP and their crusade of human destruction, I'm all for it.

Overheal wrote: »

You only serve to corroborate your lack of knowledge about domestic US politics then, as there are *plenty* of things they hate more than Planned Parenthood. Obamacare and Iran being two of those things. And more recently, Donald Trump.

Being willfully obtuse, as nobody ever suggested that. A dentist would know about sepsis because it is a medical complication that (in addition to being linked as a possible consequence to miscarriage/abortion) is something they would regularly encounter during oral surgery.

Which is laughable: 44 million abortions a year are estimated around the globe, and planned parenthood makes up about 200,000 at best. Therefore, shutting down Planned Parenthoods abortion facilities (which will not happen - at best, federal funds will be pulled out of it but that does not eliminate their ability to operate) will only in your wildest dreams stop One Half of One Percent Of All Abortions Performed Globally, Per Year. If that is truly the greatest achievement of the Pro-Life movement this century, then the pro-life movement aint doing jack diddly squat.

Then you didn't watch the Fox News sponsored debate then, as Planned Parenthood came up and was by no means censored.

The momentum of ignorance is the only weapon of the morally bankrupt.
    I'm not up on multi quoting. But here goes.

House republicans hate PP with all their hearts and for the first time have the momentum to carry out a cull on their nefarious deeds. They won't be found wanting.

I watched all of the Fox debate. I was asking if the Irish media would continue its censorship of negative stories about the abortion industry in their reportage of the debate?

Taking down the public face of abortion in America would be, by far, the greatest single achievement of the Pro-Life Movement of this century.

If not name your choice of achievement that 'trumps' it.

These videos bringing down the murky activities of PP and their crusade of human destruction, I'm all for it.

Right, so you're okay with defunding without evidence. I think your zeal for banning abortion might be getting the better of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Certain services other than killing unborn babies.

The death of PP would be the greatest achievement of the Pro-Life Movement this century.

You do know that abortion is only a small percentage of the work PP does. Most of it is sexual health and contraception. So if this absurd crusade to shut them down works, it will result in people being less likely to be able to access contraception and an increase in unplanned pregnancy. And you WANT this?

You do know that abortion is only a small percentage of the work PP does. Most of it is sexual health and contraception. So if this absurd crusade to shut them down works, it will result in people being less likely to be able to access contraception and an increase in unplanned pregnancy. And you WANT this?

3% according to the chart. Stopping them from performing abortions would be somewhat logical. Removing funds from cancer screening is a bit excessive though (what is currently happening).

357889.jpg

Right, so you're okay with defunding without evidence. I think your zeal for banning abortion might be getting the better of you.

They kill a multitude of unborn babies every year. That, alone, is enough for me to have them closed down.

Let the Federal and State authorities take up some of those roles if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

They kill a multitude of unborn babies every year. That, alone, is enough for me to have them closed down.

They're preventing even more from being killed seeing as they provide contraception.

They're preventing even more from being killed seeing as they provide contraception.

An unborn baby killing machine, trying to sell itself as being pro-life.

Orwellian and illogical in the extreme.

• Advertisement

An unborn baby killing machine, trying to sell itself as being pro-life.

Orwellian and illogical in the extreme.

considering you're supporting the defunding of STI treatment and screening, as well as defunding cancer screening and prevention, you don't have much of a logical high ground.

it's also illogical to defund based on rumour.

Glass houses and all that.

considering you're supporting the defunding of STI treatment and screening, as well as defunding cancer screening and prevention, you don't have much of a logical high ground.

it's also illogical to defund based on rumour.

Glass houses and all that.

They intentionally kill unborn babies. Do you have an understanding of the barbarity of this?

They intentionally kill unborn babies. Do you have an understanding of the barbarity of this?

I understand your perspective on abortion. But is it right to defund cancer screening programmes due to a rumour about illegal activities? Should an investigation not confirm the rumours first?

I understand your perspective on abortion. But is it right to defund cancer screening programmes due to a rumour about illegal activities? Should an investigation not confirm the rumours first?

Your willful ignoring of the horror of killing unborn babies is worrying.

There is no need for any other justification to close them down.

Your willful ignoring of the horror of killing unborn babies is worrying.

There is no need for any other justification to close them down

and there we have it folks, 'by an means necessary'. No investigations, no due process.

and there we have it folks, 'by an means necessary'. No investigations, no due process.

Have they ever denied killing unborn babies?

No.

So put them on lockdown.

Thank God America, like ourselves, is taking a leadership role in the fight against the evils of the abortion industry.

fight the 'abortion industry' by defunding cancer screening programmes. Makes perfect sense :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

fight the 'abortion industry' by defunding cancer screening programmes. Makes perfect sense :confused:

There are many, many, many other resources dedicated to cancer screening/testing for women in the USA, few of which carry out 300,000 abortions per year.

Adds: A few different sources have different percentage breakdown of services provided. According to PP's own annual report 2014:
    935,973 - cancer screening
    4,470,597 - STI/STD test/treatment
    3,577,348 - contraception
    1,147,467 - other women's health services
    327,653 - abortion
    131,795 - other services

10,590833 - Total
    *numbers are persons 'treated'

Seems to me that the cancer services account for less than 10% of PP's activities but don't let that stop you from posting inaccurate graphs and by all means, continue with your view that PP is somehow primarily a cancer care operation.

There are many, many, many other resources dedicated to cancer screening/testing for women in the USA, few of which carry out 300,000 abortions per year.

how does that justify cutting funding to the cancer screening programs provided by PP because of a rumour? :confused:

Should hospitals that provide abortions in the US also have funding removed?

• Advertisement

Adds: A few different sources have different percentage breakdown of services provided. According to PP's own annual report 2014:
    935,973 - cancer screening
    4,470,597 - STI/STD test/treatment
    3,577,348 - contraception
    1,147,467 - other women's health services
    327,653 - abortion
    131,795 - other services

10,590833 - Total
    *numbers are persons 'treated'

Seems to me that the cancer services account for less than 10% of PP's activities but don't let that stop you from posting inaccurate graphs and by all means, continue with your view that PP is somehow primarily a cancer care operation.

3x the amount of abortion services! I assume you'll be asking those presenting PP as primarily an abortion provider to keep that in check too?

Advertisement