Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctity of Life (Abortion Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Theres no part of it that is wholesale. Throwing a bunch of people into a pit and then shooting them would be wholesale (Relax everyone, the thread was already Godwinned earlier).

• Moderators Posts: 51,765 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

The wrong doing is the wholsale massacre of unborn babies. But for some, thats cushty.

but the defunding isn't because PP provide abortion services. It was because of the rumours of PP selling foetal tissue. Wrongdoing wasn’t proven, but you’re happy to ignore that because you oppose abortion.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Delirium wrote: »

but the defunding isn't because PP provide abortion services. It was because of the rumours of PP selling foetal tissue. Wrongdoing wasn’t proven, but you’re happy to ignore that because you oppose abortion.

Spot on.

The killing of unborn babies is enough reason for me to celebrate the close down, hopefully, of this organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Spot on.

The killing of unborn babies is enough reason for me to celebrate the close down, hopefully, of this organisation.

It just doesn't add much of anything to the conversation to pom pom that imo.

Spot on.

would you also condone imprisonment without trial for any doctors that have performed abortions?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yes, why should any human be executed for the violent crimes of her father?

You would actually FORCE a 14 year old child to give birth to her rapists child? And you claim we are the monsters.

Overheal wrote: »
    It just doesn't add much of anything to the conversation to pom pom that imo.

Fair enough, I rejoice in PP's troubles.

would you also condone imprisonment without trial for any doctors that have performed abortions?

Any doctor that intentionally takes a life, revokes the right to be called a doctor in my view.

But I would settle for a trial first, then if found guilty, lock him up.

You would actually FORCE a 14 year old child to give birth to her rapists child? And you claim we are the monsters.

You're the one trying to defend a cabal that killed over 300K babies in the womb last year.

The crime is the rape. A cruel and violent assault.

Bringing more, monstrous, violence to the table is unconscionable in my view. The Irish Statute book agrees with me by the way.

The intentional taking of unborn life is a serious crime in Irish law.

• Advertisement

You're the one trying to defend a cabal that killed over 300K babies in the womb last year.

The crime is the rape. A cruel and violent assault.

Bringing more, monstrous, violence to the table is unconscionable in my view. The Irish Statute book agrees with me by the way.

The intentional taking of unborn life is a serious crime in Irish law.

So under no circumstances is abortion valid in your world?

Any doctor that intentionally takes a life, revokes the right to be called a doctor in my view.

But I would settle for a trial first, then if found guilty, lock him up.

and is only abortion that you would lock them up for? If they turn off a life-support machine on a brain dead patient, should they also be locked up? If not, why?

So under no circumstances is abortion valid in your world?

Have you been paying even scant attention to my posts in abortion related threads?

If so you will know already that I fully accept the justification of terminating pregnancies where the intention is to save the mother's life from a direct, physical threat. Even if sometimes, that results in the tragic death of the unborn baby.

and is only abortion that you would lock them up for? If they turn off a life-support machine on a brain dead patient, should they also be locked up? If not, why?

I'm glad you brought up life support machines. I have huge opposition to them being turned off. But, unlike the intentional taking of unborn life, the law seems to be on the side of such practices.

I'm glad you brought up life support machines. I have huge opposition to them being turned off. But, unlike the intentional taking of unborn life, the law seems to be on the side of such practices.

Well at least you're consistent on both ends of the spectrum.

so do you view a human being as essentially a functioning body/foetus etc., even if there is no brain functionality?

Have you been paying even scant attention to my posts in abortion related threads?

If so you will know already that I fully accept the justification of terminating pregnancies where the intention is to save the mother's life from a direct, physical threat. Even if sometimes, that results in the tragic death of the unborn baby.

But you would force a 14 year old child to carry her rapists baby and make her deliver it, that's some seriously messed up morals.

Well at least you're consistent on both ends of the spectrum.

so do you view a human being as essentially a functioning body/foetus etc., even if there is no brain functionality?

Where there's life, there's humanity.

I would never leave instructions to 'pull the plug'.

Where there's life, there's humanity.

I would never leave instructions to 'pull the plug'.

How can humanity exist without a functioning brain?

But you would force a 14 year old child to carry her rapists baby and make her deliver it, that's some seriously messed up morals.

Says the person who has no seeming discomfort with PP facilitating the killing 300K+ babies in the womb in 2014.

Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Must ... resist ... breaking ... forum ... charter .... :P

• Advertisement

I'll leave such decisions to Our Lord.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/9223408/Miracle-recovery-of-teen-declared-brain-dead-by-four-doctors.html

Says the person who has no seeming discomfort with PP facilitating the killing 300K+ babies in the womb in 2014.

Go figure.

A 6 week old foetus is not a baby.

That's a story about a doctor discovering that the brain still had some level of functionality.

That's a story about a doctor discovering that the brain still had some level of functionality.

Such deep and philosophical questions are beyond my humble understanding. :)

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/brain-dead-woman-recovers-after-husband-refuses-to-withdraw-life-support

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Such deep and philosophical questions are beyond my humble understanding. :)

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/brain-dead-woman-recovers-after-husband-refuses-to-withdraw-life-support

And they'll remain so if you keep getting your news from the likes of LifeSiteNews.

And they'll remain so if you keep getting your news from the likes of LifeSiteNews.

As opposed to the self censored Irish Liberal media?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Two Sheds

A 6 week old foetus is not a baby.
    The regulatory body for doctors says she is. Do you think you know better than the medical profession?
    it may be necessary to intervene to terminate the pregnancy to protect the life of the mother, while making every effort to preserve the life of the baby

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Two Sheds

Planned Parenthood is getting desperate -
    PLANNED PARENTHOOD HIT WITH DEFAMATION CHARGE
    It demands proof of others but makes grave allegations without a shred of its own.

Two Sheds wrote: »
    It demands proof of others but makes grave allegations without a shred of its own.

Desperation stakes.

Sweet. :D

• Advertisement

Two Sheds wrote: »

Group releases videos making, as yet unproven, allegations about ilegal activities by Planned Parenthood.

Do PP issue legal writs to censor the allegations? No, they welcome investigations to clear their name.

PP also make (also possibly false) statements about those who released videos. Group behind video issue legal writ to attempt to censor PP from repeating the statements.

That's some mighty fine irony :pac:

Advertisement