Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctity of Life (Abortion Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

You made the claim that the NUJ are censoring stories about abortion, either post your evidence, not asking you to do any homework for me am asking you to back up your claims with links and evidence. You do realise this is how debates work right?

Both I and another poster have posted evidence already.

I'm not doing it again. :)

Disgusting remark to make.

You think?

It shows just how manipulative the abortion lobby is, that they can pull the wool over the eyes of their aficionados and convince them that abortion is not the horrific slaughter of human life it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No you didn't post any evidence that the NUJ are censoring stories about abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

You posted a link written by a source that is more opinion than fact, a source that shows it is already prone to false information. Your statement may very well be true, but without anything substantial to back it up, it's worth nothing to your argument.

So you either provide a reputable, unbiased source or we simply do not accept your claim. The result of which will obviously not harm your other arguments, but will result in a collective rolling of eyes every time you choose to bring it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Two Sheds

For the last 30 years, I’ve supported abortion rights. This year may be different.

"These are babies that are being killed. Millions of them. And you need to use your voice to protect them. That’s what a man does. He protects children—his own children, and other children. That’s what it means to be a man.”
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/10/i-don-t-know-if-i-m-pro-choice-anymore.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Two Sheds wrote: »
    For the last 30 years, I’ve supported abortion rights. This year may be different.

"These are babies that are being killed. Millions of them. And you need to use your voice to protect them. That’s what a man does. He protects children—his own children, and other children. That’s what it means to be a man.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/10/i-don-t-know-if-i-m-pro-choice-anymore.html

read down another bit
    At least that’s how my wife sees it. She’s pro-life, and so she’s been tearing into me every time a new video is released.

She’s not buying my argument that, as a man, I have to defer to women and trust them to make their own choices about what to do with their bodies.

To her, that’s ridiculous—and cowardly.

just clickbaity waffling

robdonn wrote: »
    You posted a link written by a source that is more opinion than fact, a source that shows it is already prone to false information. Your statement may very well be true, but without anything substantial to back it up, it's worth nothing to your argument.

So you either provide a reputable, unbiased source or we simply do not accept your claim. The result of which will obviously not harm your other arguments, but will result in a collective rolling of eyes every time you choose to bring it back up.

Both I and Two sheds have provided evidence. Thats good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No

Neither of you have posted any evidence you have posted claims.

Maybe you need to look up the meaning of the word evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I just read that the Republican Party are going to now increase funding for Abortions in America as well as send aid to other poor countries to help them pay for abortions too.

What a turn around!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Two Sheds

gctest50 wrote: »
    read down another bit

just clickbaity waffling
    You don't believe men (real men) should protect children?

• Advertisement

And all I am is saying is that it is not good enough for us, so let's leave it at that.

robdonn wrote: »
    And all I am is saying is that it is not good enough for us, so let's leave it at that.

Not good enough? Right.

I've moved on already. :)

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

because it's only androids that are pro-choice?

If you can read this, you're too close!

Delirium wrote: »
    because it's only androids that are pro-choice?

Not androids, but clearly people who are laissez faire about the safety of unborn children.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Looks like Texas have opened criminal investigations of PP

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/texas-prosecutor-opens-criminal-probe-planned-parenthood

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Come on. Thats just one source for the same story. The NUJ censor abortion stories.

Yeah? Bring your theory to the Conspiracy Theoies forum so, we can delve right into the facts of the claim.

Not androids, but clearly people who are laissez faire about the safety of unborn children.

remind me, which one of us is supporting defunding healthcare providers based on rumour?

hinault wrote: »

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/texas-prosecutor-opens-criminal-probe-planned-parenthood

Good. That's how things are supposed to be done.

you also have to all down a number of roads before you can be called a man - through song, at that. You also need to eat bacon and fire guns and replace your own carberator (sp?) and now on top of all that you *have* to be 'pro-life'? Makes sense, real men chop trees down with their teeth and subjugate women to make them sandwiches. So why not take away her ability to control her own body?

Not good enough? Right.

I've moved on already. :)

So has everyone reading this thread wth any sense: your spurious claims are easily disproven and woefully supported.

• Advertisement

hinault wrote: »

I wish the Texas Prosecutors well in their noble efforts.

Perhaps they can find another $500 violation becaus they used the wrong color post it notes.

Overheal wrote: »
    So has everyone reading this thread wth any sense: your spurious claims are easily disproven and woefully supported.

Ok. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

appeal to purity etc etc

The end of PP is nigh. :)

The end of PP is nigh. :)

You really think it will completely vanish? Alright. You believe a lot of things, I don't want to upset you.

You really think it will completely vanish? Alright. You believe a lot of things, I don't want to upset you.

I think this debacle has highlighted the horrors of abortion in the US and hope PP will never have the stranglehold or acceptance they have had in Liberal elite circles up until now.

If liberal elite circles are made up of people below the poverty line that can't afford to get an abortion - much less take care of a child - then yes, let's call that an elite circle of liberals :rolleyes: do a favor and stop pretending like you know anything about American society or its cultural take on abortion - clearly everything you know was read and never experienced and based on the way you use hannity-esque terms like liberal elite I can only assume your suffering some severe Confirmation Bias issues by only seeking out information that you already believe to be true.

• Advertisement

I think this debacle has highlighted the horrors of abortion in the US and hope PP will never have the stranglehold or acceptance they have had in Liberal elite circles up until now.

Even though it hasn't highlighted anything about abortion but instead highlighted the lengths that anti-abortions will go to lie and deceive until they get what they want?

Advertisement