Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctity of Life (Abortion Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Overheal wrote: »
    If liberal elite circles are made up of people below the poverty line that can't afford to get an abortion - much less take care of a child - then yes, let's call that an elite circle of liberals :rolleyes: do a favor and stop pretending like you know anything about American society or its cultural take on abortion - clearly everything you know was read and never experienced and based on the way you use hannity-esque terms like liberal elite I can only assume your suffering some severe Confirmation Bias issues by only seeking out information that you already believe to be true.

I rejoice if someone cannot afford an abortion. Whereas you'd support making killing unborn children, more affordable.

robdonn wrote: »
    Even though it hasn't highlighted anything about abortion but instead highlighted the lengths that anti-abortions will go to lie and deceive until they get what they want?

Wow, way to spin. The abortion industry would be proud. :D

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I rejoice if someone cannot afford an abortion. Whereas you'd support making killing unborn children, more affordable.
    Wow, way to spin. The abortion industry would be proud. :D

That's some good irony.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Delirium wrote: »
    That's some good irony.

Not really. I'm not spinning when I rejoice in a baby's life being saved due to a lack of funding to carry out her destruction.

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Not really. I'm not spinning when I rejoice in a baby's life being saved due to a lack of funding to carry out her destruction.

Christmas really can't get here soon enough.....
    In public relations, spin is a form of propaganda, achieved through providing a biased interpretation of an event or campaigning to persuade public opinion in favor or against some organization or public figure.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

That's strange, considering that if they can't afford to pay for a one-off medical procedure then they are probably not going to be able to afford to raise the child well. But who cares what their quality of life is like as long as your personal morals are upheld, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yeah, you're also rejoicing in the thoughts of millions of poor people not having access to cancer screening, std screening and contraception.

That's strange, considering that if they can't afford to pay for a one-off medical procedure then they are probably not going to be able to afford to raise the child well. But who cares what their quality of life is like as long as your personal morals are upheld, right?

So you'd use poverty as a justification for abortion, today, in this country? Really?

Yeah, you're also rejoicing in the thoughts of millions of poor people not having access to cancer screening, std screening and contraception.

Federal and State Government should and will fill the gap, if necessary.

So you'd use poverty as a justification for abortion, today, in this country? Really?

No, I would use it as a potential justification for considering it as an option in America, where there are a lot of people poorer than here and do not have the support of free healthcare services. Even the abortions over there cost money because state and federal funding aren't allowed to cover the costs of abortions, remember?

• Advertisement

Why create the gap in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And if PP stop performing abortions then other clinics will open up and continue their work.

No, I would use it as a potential justification for considering it as an option in America, where there are a lot of people poorer than here and do not have the support of free healthcare services. Even the abortions over there cost money because state and federal funding aren't allowed to cover the costs of abortions, remember?

So an Irish child in poverty would get a pass from the abortion clinic, but an AMerican child is fair game.

Wow, just wow.

Why create the gap in the first place?

Whats done, is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Whats done, is done.

Well by that logic lets just leave things as they are and allow the legal abortions, whats done is done eh!!

And please don't reply with one of your typical "are you willing to let 300,000 babies die, so you would use poverty as a justification blah blah blah, its getting tiring at this stage! C

Can you not just reply with logic, facts and coherence for once so that the rest of us can reply and not get frustrated with your refusal to provide said facts to your claims and not giving direct replies without dragging up your baseless propaganda!!

For the love of whoever just please help us out here!!

frag420 wrote: »
    Well by that logic lets just leave things as they are and allow the legal abortions, whats done is done eh!!

And please don't reply with one of your typical "are you willing to let 300,000 babies die, so you would use poverty as a justification blah blah blah, its getting tiring at this stage! C

Can you not just reply with logic, facts and coherence for once so that the rest of us can reply and not get frustrated with your refusal to provide said facts to your claims and not giving direct replies without dragging up your baseless propaganda!!

For the love of whoever just please help us out here!!

So you don't want me to ask you inconvenient questions about justifying killing unborn babies from poor backgrounds in America, but somehow Irish babies are more special and get a pass.

I don't blame you, I'd not liek to have to answer that one either. :)

So you don't want me to ask you inconvenient questions about justifying killing unborn babies from poor backgrounds in America, but somehow Irish babies are more special and get a pass.

I don't blame you, I'd not liek to have to answer that one either. :)

You have done it again!! YOU HAVE JUST DONE IT AGAIN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,765 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don't blame you, I'd not liek to have to answer that one either.

Try harder.

Have you ever known anyone who had an abortion?

Overheal wrote: »
    Try harder.

Have you ever known anyone who had an abortion?

I might know quite a few, but none have told me.

I wonder why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Can't imagine why not.

So, about those American unborn babies that are fodder for the American abortion industry.

Its quite disgusting that anyone would use poverty to justify taking the life of a beautiful baby girl or boy in the womb.

When did society get so cold hearted?

Fair. I imagine that's the norm experience for many in Ireland. I've met several people who are comfortable bringing it up; one person defended her decision because she never wants to be a mother period (a family planning/lifestyle choice), which draws a bit of ire especially because she simultaneously criticized a friend for carrying a pregnancy to term for adoption (unknown to her, it was past the point of abortion in SC when she discovered the pregnancy, from a rape she didn't even recollect). Another I mentioned earlier had a similar issue, finding out in 2nd trimester but it wasn't a lifestyle choice as much as a health risk choice - she has blood pressure issues, like she will pass out in the shower if the water is too warm. For the most part its a lifestyle choice, not wanting to become a parent; I haven't been familiar with someone who was already a parent who had an abortion, or of anyone aborting for genetic disease like Downs or gender preference.

I was just curious if you had, and what your contextual background was. IMO its important to the issue to be exposed to some first hand accounts, but that's me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You really think the Republicans won't throw a tantrum over an expansion/introduction of those listed services?

You really think the Republicans won't throw a tantrum over an expansion/introduction of those listed services?

If it means taking down PP, they'll cough up the dosh.

If it means taking down PP, they'll cough up the dosh.

that has less chance of happening than the rapture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Im sure the republican politicians will ensure that these women and children are provided with the best possible health care.

This was sarcasm in case anyone thinks Im being serious.

Some on the campaign trail have argued to shift funding to non-abortion centers but the chances of that playing out in reality are slim. These are the types of promises we hear all the time like "read my lips: no new taxes" and "[Obamacare] won't affect what doctor you see" or "[we don't spy on Americans]" Regardless, if you were to suddenly flip the script on that many clinics at once, there will be unavoidable and damaging repercussions to women's health in affected areas.

So an Irish child in poverty would get a pass from the abortion clinic, but an AMerican child is fair game.

Wow, just wow.

Your incredulity notwithstanding, I don't know what child that you're talking about. We're talking about women in poverty, women who are in no financial position to raise a child. Without money to give adequate care you are consigning a child to poverty and potentially every repercussion that goes with it.

But do you care about that? You seem to care only for life and not for quality of life which, personally, I think is an abhorrent position to hold. Should those unfortunate enough to be born into slavery simply be satisfied that they were born at all?

It is a woman's choice whether to bring a life into the world under such conditions, or have you completely forgotten about her? The person whose Right to Bodily Integrity you so flagrantly throw away once your forbid her from taking autonomous action over her own body. You instead insist that she should be used as an incubator, her body turned into a vessel under management by the government. Nobody, not even a parent, can be forced to give up their body to save their child even if every moral fibre of your body thinks that they should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Two Sheds

Your incredulity notwithstanding, I don't know what child that you're talking about. We're talking about women in poverty, women who are in no financial position to raise a child. Without money to give adequate care you are consigning a child to poverty and potentially every repercussion that goes with it.

But do you care about that? You seem to care only for life and not for quality of life which, personally, I think is an abhorrent position to hold. Should those unfortunate enough to be born into slavery simply be satisfied that they were born at all?

It is a woman's choice whether to bring a life into the world under such conditions, or have you completely forgotten about her? The person whose Right to Bodily Integrity you so flagrantly throw away once your forbid her from taking autonomous action over her own body. You instead insist that she should be used as an incubator, her body turned into a vessel under management by the government. Nobody, not even a parent, can be forced to give up their body to save their child even if every moral fibre of your body thinks that they should.
    Your choice - poverty or death?

.....Hmmm..

Too slow! It's been decided for you.

Advertisement