Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctity of Life (Abortion Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,754 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Good for him! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Two Sheds

Overheal wrote: »
    Good for him! :)
    I don't think he sees it like that.
    His administration and Planned Parenthodd have attempted to hide behind a claimed need for secrecy but it's all starting to unravel.
    There’s a new push at the U.S. Supreme Court to open up the documentation behind a covert Obama administration strategy to give federal taxpayer money to Planned Parenthood ..
    a brief has been filed at the U.S. Supreme Court arguing that the federal government needs to open up about its dealings in New Hampshire..

Doesn't matter, facilities in NH are still getting the funding they need to provide services they offer :) doubt he's losing much sleep over it - do you not remember how much grief we heard about Birth Certificates? Mostly from Donald Trump in fact!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Two Sheds wrote: »

Sickening act from the most inneffectual president since Gerald Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Well there's none more harmful than a view that justifies taking innocent, human life.

Not something I engage in.

So where is your voice when it comes to the innocent lives being lost in the Med recently? Why are you not helping all the poor innocents trying to get a better life but are stuck in Calais?

Do we have to implant these people in a woman's womb before you care?

• Advertisement

Sickening act from the most inneffectual president since Gerald Ford.
    LMAO! OK...

a7693a11ef638d742c4a3b51bda88901.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8kcdRqbC5vMLn1u_wPKgw46le8DDqew7BKfqtx2NbpQojoivpRw
    B6D6lL8IUAAWPMH.jpg
    3868d3e69501c0dabcba8609eba4b9c4.jpg
    983456f7c20819d398d0dd573454fca3.jpg

He also enacted the biggest enhancements to healthcare in the US in decades, in spite of its imperfections (some of which I rather loathe as much as anyone else, but that doesn't make it ineffectual).

Anyway just one more step closer to the end of Planned Parenthood - oh wait :D

frag420 wrote: »
    So where is your voice when it comes to the innocent lives being lost in the Med recently? Why are you not helping all the poor innocents trying to get a better life but are stuck in Calais?

Do we have to implant these people in a woman's womb before you care?

Lets make one thing clear here.

I will not justify my life and what I do in it to you.

OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

OK?

Doesn't matter, we're all going to get together at Merrion Square and force the government into your life. :D

robdonn wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, we're all going to get together at Merrion Square and force the government into your life. :D

What are you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,543 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What are you referring to?

When the 8th gets repealed there will be a big party in Merrion Sq, you're invited too.

• Advertisement

OK?

So why be selective with the lives you want to save? We are all Gods children after all....right? Do poor brown people not count in your book?

Out of curiousity and purely hypothetical as I know you like hypotheticals.......if a lesbian couple were pregnant and found out that the child was not going to live outside the womb would you be all for allowing them to bring the child to term or would you suggest an abortion based on your homophobia that was prevalent on other threads recently?

And please be man enough to answer coherently without firing back obtuse questions, skirting the issue etc. If you are man enough to force a woman to do something against her will then be man enough to answer the questions put to you here!

in before the I don't have to justify myself to you or anyone stock answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

OK?

But you expect a woman to justify HER life decisions once she gets pregnant?

When the 8th gets repealed there will be a big party in Merrion Sq, you're invited too.

I may pop over from London for this party!! What dj's are playing?

Is there an off-licence near mention sq so I can pic up a few cans? ;)

OK?

You spend an awful lot of time passing holier than thou judgment on others though?
    Where did you get such a negative view of life?
    Advocating for killing babies in the womb and using fantastical scenarios in your desperation to in some way justify it.

Hypocrisy - Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia

but WAIT theres MORE
    Well there's none more harmful than a view that justifies taking innocent, human life.

Because I'm interested in the philosophical gymnastics abortion apologists engage in to try and justify one form of killing, and not the other.
    But what if the mother was in a famine infested, war torn country where there was no adoption agencies.

Is the pillow a justified option then?

This 'but, but, but' tactic is getting addictive.

Compared to some here, I'm amateur hour when it comes to goalpost moving.

Child killing either inside or outside of the womb is equally horrific in my view.

Inconvenient pregnancies are unfortunate, but intentionally killing the baby is never, I say never, justified.
    So, about those American unborn babies that are fodder for the American abortion industry.

Its quite disgusting that anyone would use poverty to justify taking the life of a beautiful baby girl or boy in the womb.

When did society get so cold hearted?
    So you don't want me to ask you inconvenient questions about justifying killing unborn babies from poor backgrounds in America, but somehow Irish babies are more special and get a pass.

I don't blame you, I'd not liek to have to answer that one either.
    And here folks is the raison d'etre for many advocates for the abortion industry. moving from one scenario to the other in a vain attempt to justify killing unborn babies.

I'm not playing your game I'm afraid.
    An induced labour is a termination of pregnancy.

This can only be justified if the intention is to save the mother's life.
    Executing an unborn baby for the violent crime of her father can never be justified from my perspective.
    I disagree. But then again, I'm not surprised that the abortion lobby would try and twist an act of humanity in saving a mother's life into an attempt to justify intentionally killing unborn life on behalf of the abortion industry.
    It's all about the intention of the termination.

A termination with the intention to save the mother's life that may have the unintended consequence of the subsequent death of the baby, it is justified.

A termination/abortion at 12 weeks for
    You clearly don't like it when your request is answered and it doesn't suit your agenda.

Intent to save life is Prime in justified terminations to save someone's life.
    If there's no direct threat and a termination takes place, a striking off is fully justified.
    Of course there is and its in tune with the X Case legislation. Where there is a direct threat to the life of the mother, a termination of pregnancy is wholly justifiable, if the doctors deem it necessary.

I don't do ducking and diving. Thats the job of the abortion lobby.

If a termination is the only option to save a mother life from a direct threat, then it is justifiable.
    If the medical team at any point felt a termination was the only option available to save her life, then of course it would have been justified.

I may pop over from London for this party!! What dj's are playing?

Is there an off-licence near mention sq so I can pic up a few cans? ;)

Don't go back, it's terrible over there! Their off licenses close so early!

Fabby. :D

So why be selective with the lives you want to save? We are all Gods children after all....right? Do poor brown people not count in your book?

Out of curiousity and purely hypothetical as I know you like hypotheticals.......if a lesbian couple were pregnant and found out that the child was not going to live outside the womb would you be all for allowing them to bring the child to term or would you suggest an abortion based on your homophobia that was prevalent on other threads recently?

And please be man enough to answer coherently without firing back obtuse questions, skirting the issue etc. If you are man enough to force a woman to do something against her will then be man enough to answer the questions put to you here!

in before the I don't have to justify myself to you or anyone stock answer
    I will not be responding to any of your posts again after this bout of name calling.

But you expect a woman to justify HER life decisions once she gets pregnant?

Simply to do no intentional harm t herself of her unborn baby.

You spend an awful lot of time passing holier than thou judgment on others though?

Hypocrisy - Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia

but WAIT theres MORE

I love that montage, and indeed, stand over every word. :)

Simply to do no intentional harm t herself of her unborn baby.

But that's her life choice. You have no right to demand justification for anything anyone else does if you refuse to justify your own actions/choices.

• Advertisement

I love that montage, and indeed, stand over every word.

Excellent - because its got some contradicting statements that I suppose you could clear up. Or just ignore the question, which I would just assume you're taking the option not to justify yourself:

Executing an unborn baby for the violent crime of her father can never be justified from my perspective.
    Au Contraire:

If the medical team at any point felt a termination was the only option available to save her life, then of course it would have been justified.
    If a termination is the only option to save a mother life from a direct threat, then it is justifiable.
    Where there is a direct threat to the life of the mother, a termination of pregnancy is wholly justifiable, if the doctors deem it necessary.
    A termination with the intention to save the mother's life that may have the unintended consequence of the subsequent death of the baby, it is justified.
    An induced labour is a termination of pregnancy.

This can only be justified if the intention is to save the mother's life.
    Response? I'd also accept your silence or evasive answers as an apology. As readers and lurkers of this thread will no doubt agree, you're attempting to justify abortions in certain conditions while simultaneously trying to hold the high and mighty position (presumably at the peak of Sinai on the back of a white horse) that you abhor abortions and everything to do with them. Sure would be a lot simpler to admit you're a mortal person and as mortal people we often deal with scenarios that are imperfect Catch-22s; sometimes we do things pragmatically because that's what needs to happen.

Girl raped when she was ten gives birth in Paraguay
    The case caused an uproar in the traditionally Catholic country and abroad because authorities had refused to let the girl have an abortion.

The practice is illegal in Paraguay except when the mother's life is deemed to be in danger.

In April, authorities ruled that the pregnancy could proceed.

But that's her life choice. You have no right to demand justification for anything anyone else does if you refuse to justify your own actions/choices.

Go read the Protection of Life during Pregnancy Bill. It may be educational for you.

Excellent - because its got some contradicting statements that I suppose you could clear up. Or just ignore the question, which I would just assume you're taking the option not to justify yourself:

Au Contraire:

Response? I'd also accept your silence or evasive answers as an apology. As readers and lurkers of this thread will no doubt agree, you're attempting to justify abortions in certain conditions while simultaneously trying to hold the high and mighty position (presumably at the peak of Sinai on the back of a white horse) that you abhor abortions and everything to do with them. Sure would be a lot simpler to admit you're a mortal person and as mortal people we often deal with scenarios that are imperfect Catch-22s; sometimes we do things pragmatically because that's what needs to happen.

Your premise is off the wall. I never support intentional taking of unborn life.

I'm happy to clear that one up for you. :)

robdonn wrote: »

Wow. What a wonderful result from an horrific, violent assault.

Baby Milagro truly is a miracle baby. I pray mother and baby are safe, well and will prosper into the future.

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Baby Milagro truly is a miracle baby. I pray mother and baby are safe, well and will prosper into the future.

A ten year old child was forced to carry her rapists child to term, and you call that a wonderful result?:mad::mad:

*headdesk*

If you can read this, you're too close!

Yes, I'm sure a ten year old being torn apart from the inside out in the name of religion is thriving and delighted with the 'wonderful' outcome.

Views like this sicken me.

Life for the sake of life. What a disgusting thought...

Tbh, I'm still shaking my head here at Black Menorca's post actually celebrating that a 10 year old has had her life destroyed in the name of religion.

Views like the ones you've posted are beyond <snip> up and simply put, some of the most vile, disgusting views I've ever had the misfortune of reading.

Whatever about the rest of your views (I disagree with them and think you're posting some very hypocritical and contradictory things), that a human actually celebrates the result of a 10 year old being raped - that's shocking. Truly and utterly reprehensible. I hope your god remembers how disgusting your views are and I hope you repent for them.

• Advertisement

Delirium wrote: »
    A ten year old child was forced to carry her rapists child to term, and you call that a wonderful result?:mad::mad:

*headdesk*

Both baby and rape victim are alive and I pray both can have fulfilling lives, despite the horrific rape suffered by the 10 year old child.

Advertisement