Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctity of Life (Abortion Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Tbh, I'm still shaking my head here at Black Menorca's post actually celebrating that a 10 year old has had her life destroyed in the name of religion.

Views like the ones you've posted are beyond messed up and simply put, some of the most vile, disgusting views I've ever had the misfortune of reading.

Whatever about the rest of your views (I disagree with them and think you're posting some very hypocritical and contradictory things), that a human actually celebrates the result of a 10 year old being raped - that's shocking. Truly and utterly reprehensible. I hope your god remembers how disgusting your views are and I hope you repent for them.

My apologies to anyone I offended by swearing. I clearly haven't read the charter in a while. Again, sorry if the word used offended anybody.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Tbh, I'm still shaking my head here at Black Menorca's post actually celebrating that a 10 year old has had her life destroyed in the name of religion.

Views like the ones you've posted are beyond <snip> up and simply put, some of the most vile, disgusting views I've ever had the misfortune of reading.

Whatever about the rest of your views (I disagree with them and think you're posting some very hypocritical and contradictory things), that a human actually celebrates the result of a 10 year old being raped - that's shocking. Truly and utterly reprehensible. I hope your god remembers how disgusting your views are and I hope you repent for them.
    I celebrate that despite the rape, a baby has been safely delivered and both are alive and can, hopefully, move on from the trauma of the violent assault.

Both baby and rape victim are alive and I pray both can have fulfilling lives, despite the horrific rape suffered by the 10 year old child.

And if they can't?

If the spend the rest of their lives miserable, and in the mother's case, physically damaged for life - is it still a good thing then?

And if they can't?

If the spend the rest of their lives miserable, and in the mother's case, physically damaged for life - is it still a good thing then?

Hence my prayers both mother and baby have, healthy and fi=ulfilling lives.

Lives, alive. Not executed for the crime of her father or ravaged with guilt by the intentional killing of her innocent baby.

Lives, alive. Not executed for the crime of her father or ravaged with guilt by the intentional killing of her innocent baby.

But ravaged with an every day reminder of what happened to her.

But that's okay because the baby's life is what matters most, right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,765 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Both baby and rape victim are alive and I pray both can have fulfilling lives, despite the horrific rape suffered by the 10 year old child.
    Your choice of phrasing was truly awful. There are ways to express yourself without posting one of the most obnoxious things I've read in recent times.

Put it this way, you'd want to be suicidal to express yourself as you did to the family of the 10 year old girl.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Your premise is off the wall. I never support intentional taking of unborn life.

I'm happy to clear that one up for you.

Right, as long as it's not intentional :rolleyes:
    Because I'm interested in the philosophical gymnastics abortion apologists engage in to try and justify one form of killing, and not the other.

So you justify one form of killing, and not the other.

I accept your apology.

why should she feel guilty about having an abortion? 1) she was raped and 2) she's ten!!!!!!!:mad:

The only person that's suggested she should/would feel guilty is you. Personally, I'd leave it to the doctors, her parents and child to decide if she should have an abortion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

robdonn wrote: »
    Sources are important and they do not need to be from scientific journals or the like necessarily. One of the most important factors, for me personally, is bias. As has been discussed here, everyone has a level of bias in one direction or the other, but it is the level of bias that we can judge a source.

Take for example the website lifenews.com, which has been referenced several times in this thread by the pro-life side. From their About Us page:

This is a source that has zero middle ground, they are firmly on one side of the issue and their reporting reflects that. For example, in their most recent article about the 6th video released they say:

Nobody has been caught selling aborted babies, this is simply the continued misrepresentation of the common and legal practise of receiving compensation for costs of the handling and transport of legal donations. They don't even throw in an "alleged" to try cover their biased reporting.
    Lovely! However, I didn't ask you to explain bias, confirmation bias or one-sided perspectives. I simply asked you for a list of what you consider to be unbiased, impartial sources of information.

My apologies to anyone I offended by swearing. I clearly haven't read the charter in a while. Again, sorry if the word used offended anybody.

No harm done...

• Advertisement

But ravaged with an every day reminder of what happened to her.

But that's okay because the baby's life is what matters most, right?

Way to pin a badge on the lapel of an innocent, beautiful baby girl.

Delirium wrote: »
    Your choice of phrasing was truly awful. There are ways to express yourself without posting one of the most obnoxious things I've read in recent times.

Put it this way, you'd want to be suicidal to express yourself as you did to the family of the 10 year old girl.

A baby is alive today, thanks to the care and love given to her mother after being brutally raped.

It is a miracle for the baby that her mother lived in an abortion repellent country.

Both mother and baby, I hope and pray, they can embrace their God given right to to life.

Overheal wrote: »
    Right, as long as it's not intentional :rolleyes:

Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Lovely! However, I didn't ask you to explain bias, confirmation bias or one-sided perspectives. I simply asked you for a list of what you consider to be unbiased, impartial sources of information.

A complete list?

Amen.

Thank you for validating all of my conclusions about you. What's it like having your own pretend side debate where you're the winner? Does it feel like using cheat codes to get through a puzzle in a video game? :D

Thank you for validating all of my conclusions about you. What's it like having your own pretend side debate where you're the winner? Does it feel like using cheat codes to get through a puzzle in a video game? :D

My views are what they are.

Justifying the killing of over 300,000 American babies in the womb is not part of my reality and I find it anathema.

My views are what they are.

Justifying the killing of over 300,000 American babies in the womb is not part of my reality and I find it anathema.

MOD NOTE

Less of the soapboxing. Everyone is aware of this particular opinion of yours. No need to post it every couple of posts.

Thanks for your attention.

Delirium wrote: »
    MOD NOTE

Less of the soapboxing. Everyone is aware of this particular opinion of yours. No need to post it ever couple of posts.

Thanks for your attention.

Sure thing. :)

Much appreciated, Black Menorca :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

The " wonderful result" post is truly sickening.
    I've seen some horrible stuff on boards through out the years but this tops them all.

• Advertisement

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    The " wonderful result" post is truly sickening.
    I've seen some horrible stuff on boards through out the years but this tops them all.

It was an obvious wind up post to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

It was an obvious wind up post to be fair

Ah fair enough so.
    Don't have enough time to follow this thread fully.

You can see how it came across bad though.

Oh I didn't say it wasn't bad..

robdonn wrote: »
    A complete list?
    A list.

Ah would you both come off it; yes, there are lots of sources out there that have biased interests, it doesn't make them wrong all the time. Best practice, just reference multiple sources, its just like taking multiple measurements in the lab to be sure youre not messing something up.

Sure thing. :)
    Maybe you can explain, if you know, why the statistical information of 300,000 children being killed by PP is referred to as an "opinion"?
    LMAO! OK...

He also enacted the biggest enhancements to healthcare in the US in decades, in spite of its imperfections (some of which I rather loathe as much as anyone else, but that doesn't make it ineffectual).

Anyway just one more step closer to the end of Planned Parenthood - oh wait :D

Don't forget he's also the first Nobel Peace Prize* winner to launch missiles and order airstrikes against a non-aggressive, Sovereign Nation.

* awarded for being black...what an achievement!

Don't forget he's also the first Nobel Peace Prize* winner to launch missiles and order airstrikes against a non-aggressive, Sovereign Nation.
    I never made the argument he was perfect, I just made the argument that his presidency has been far from "innefectual"
    * awarded for being black...what an achievement!
    Not going there, keep your racism to yourself.

I never made the argument he was perfect, I just made the argument that his presidency has been far from "innefectual"

Not going there, keep your racism to yourself.

I just added another achievement to his C.V. If you're going to sing his praises, sing them in full and not just the parts that correspond with your own bias.

Racism (do you know what that word even means)? Yeah, because after 9 months in office, Barrack fully warranted the award of "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people"*. But I'm sure you'll be easily able to enumerate or list some of the incredible achievements he accomplished in his first nine months in office.
    A great speaker; a shame that he speaks through his anus. I wonder if you've seen him speak when he hasn't rehearsed his lines?... I have. The charisma vanishes and there are more verbal crutches than steel ones at Lourdes.

* similar to the ordinary functions of most diplomats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

A great speaker; a shame that he speaks through his anus. I wonder if you've seen him speak when he hasn't rehearsed his lines?... I have. The charisma vanishes and there are more verbal crutches than steel ones at Lourdes.

Public speaker practices speaking publicly. The republicans should demand an investigation into this newest revelation.

• Advertisement

I just added another achievement to his C.V. If you're going to sing his praises, sing them in full and not just the parts that correspond with your own bias.

Racism (do you know what that word even means)? Yeah, because after 9 months in office, Barrack fully warranted the award of "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people"*. But I'm sure you'll be easily able to enumerate or list some of the incredible achievements he accomplished in his first nine months in office.

Im not engaging with you in a political debate anywhere besides here. Judging by your fire back at me I think you've already assumed I'm either A or B stereotype (Did you even read my signature?!), and it would drag this thread off topic to educate you about my politics. Just because I will correct a stupid, false comment, doesn't mean I'm in love with the guy. Try applying your logic to every politican you agree with on more than 5 issues and see how far you get (not far) before you realize you're dynamically opposed with them on a number of other issues. I do like talking Politics though, just in the right place, I will see you there.

Advertisement