Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctity of Life (Abortion Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Public speaker practices speaking publicly. The republicans should demand an investigation into this newest revelation.
    No. The point is that his 'charisma', presence and eloquence is a stage act; something that needs to be rehearsed, refined and perfected. What you see is not what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Actually, I suppose Obama did drag himself in by donating to PP. The Pro-Life crowd will be out for his blood now, ironically..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Overheal wrote: »
    Actually, I suppose Obama did drag himself in by donating to PP. The Pro-Life crowd will be out for his blood now, ironically..

Figuratively or literally, like the Army of God and all those guys who bomb PP clinics?

"we value all life! Kill them all!" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,326 ✭✭✭volchitsa

"we value all life! Kill them all!" ?

Ah, the old "kill them all! God will recognize his own" medieval strategy.
    Yup, religious extremists, still killing heretics - strictly for their own good of course.

• Advertisement

Well, I don't want to spark (or Mod :pac:) a third thread about this issue in Conspiracies, however:

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2015/08/13/3691456/ben-carson-planned-parenthood/

Presidential nominee Ben Carson is reviving what is apparently an old conspiracy about Planned Parenthood facilities being located in or near black neighborhoods... to control the black population (but seriously, if you want to discuss or breakdown why that's absurd or completely true, we can talk here)

Whats humorous about Ben Carson's claim, and his admonishment of PP, is that Dr. Ben Carson has in fact used fetal tissue in medical research applications. So at least as far as fetal tissue research goes, he hasn't a leg to stand on. Also, the GOP has of yet made no motion to try and outlaw fetal tissue research (Stem Cell research was a big debate during Clinton, and Bush made modifications to the policy, then I think Obama did.. etc) You would think Carson would know that moneys in some form exchange hands when fetal tissue is involved, but I guess he doesn't think the voters care about the truth just the abject anger to fire up the voting base.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Abortion has been a racist, white supremacist weapon in America, no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Abortion has been a racist, white supremacist weapon in America, no question.

Oh your Lord :rolleyes:

• Moderators Posts: 51,765 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

MOD NOTE

Black Menorca carded for trolling.

@BM You've been given a lot of leeway regarding some of your posts but it's time to inform you to improve the standard of your posts. Between yesterdays and todays postings, it seems you are deliberately trying to wind people up.

This is not appropriate posting behaviour.

Please bear this in mind in your future postings.

Thanks for your attention.

If you can read this, you're too close!

White supremacists want to force non-whites to abort? ERMAHGERD I MUST BLOW UP PLANNED PARENTHOOD!

White supremacists heading a pro-life group? "Praise these noble defenders of life..."

• Advertisement

Im just not playing the racist angle here, this doesn't seem like a race issue at all. I only mention Carson to update the news here about PP and because he's running for president and he's making the accusations of a lunatic.

volchitsa wrote: »
    Ah, the old "kill them all! God will recognize his own" medieval strategy.
    Yup, religious extremists, still killing heretics - strictly for their own good of course.

"Some of those who want forces, are the same who want crosses"

I thought that line was "Some of those in our forces / Are the same who burn crosses".

yuup. I totally misheard that whole song recently, freud style

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

"Some of those who want forces, are the same who want crosses"

Ya gotta do what they tell ya!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

frag420 wrote: »
    Ya gotta do what they tell ya!!

Best Christmas Number 1 EVER.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

MrPudding wrote: »
    Best Christmas Number 1 EVER.

MrP

One of the best gigs ever too....the Point and Oxygen!

I prefer Daniel O'Donnell myself.

I prefer Daniel O'Donnell myself.

For some reason that doesn't surprise me. Is that a general attraction to the music of gay men or is it specific to Daniel?

MrP

For some reason that doesn't surprise me. Is that a general attraction to the music of gay men or is it specific to Daniel?

MrP

Careful now. Daniel is a happily married straight man.

• Advertisement

Careful now. Daniel is a happily married straight man.

Yes. Of course he is.

MrP

He also supported the Yes campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭umop apisdn

Yes. Of course he is.

MrP

Why are you turning on your own ?

He also supported the Yes campaign.

Yep.

Why are you turning on your own ?

Sorry. What is 'my own' and why am I turning on them?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Well this line of discussion is definitely going off topic!

So far the aforementioned Florida investigation is having its findings appealed by Planned Parenthood, which says it did not violate state law by performing unlicensed second semester abortions, and 1 count of keeping improper logs of disposed fetal tissue.

All other investigations have not yielded any evidence of wrongdoing.

In addition, states that have taken measures to defund the organization have been warned by the federal government that those states may be violating their medicare contracts: the defunding they are doing is all federal money, it is all medicare money, which by law must be issued to providers that meet the criteria, of which Planned Parenthood is such a provider. No federal money is spent on abortion, and the organization is audited on at least an annual basis to that effect.

Previous historical attempts to defund planned parenthood have similarly fallen flat, evidenced by Planned Parenthood's continued operation for decades, despite the undercover activism, the bombings, and the public tonguelashings. The woman's right to choose not to bring another orphan into the world is preserved, etc.

My source links can be found in this sister post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96638365&postcount=9841

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

So far the aforementioned Florida investigation is having its findings appealed by Planned Parenthood, which says it did not violate state law by performing unlicensed second semester abortions, and 1 count of keeping improper logs of disposed fetal tissue.

All other investigations have not yielded any evidence of wrongdoing.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96638365&postcount=9841

Its is remarkable how people excuse evil when it is done by their own team. Just as we see too many people try to whitewash abuses by Planned Parenthood due to sharing the same ideological struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

robp wrote: »
    Its is remarkable how people excuse evil when it turns out not to have actually happened. Just as we see too many people try to invent abuses by Planned Parenthood due to them sharing the same ideological struggle.

FYP

• Advertisement

There are no abuses. What abuses? Any 'abuse' they are committing is within the law, voted in.

Advertisement