Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctity of Life (Abortion Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Two Sheds

Another video released -

Planned Parenthood is working hard to counter the steady drip of damning videos produced by the Center for Medical Progress, but not even the highest priced Washington, D.C. flacks are likely to be able to erase the thought picture of someone cutting through a child’s face with scissors.

- something for the pro-abortion crowd to be proud of.

• Moderators Posts: 51,760 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Is there anything in this video that actually supports claims that PP engaged in illegal activity? If so, what?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Delirium wrote: »
    Is there anything in this video that actually supports claims that PP engaged in illegal activity? If so, what?

There hasn't been anything in the previous videos, I don't expect this to be any different.

MrP

It must be soul-destroying - literally - to allow one's morality be decided by what is legal.

Two Sheds wrote: »
    It must be soul-destroying - literally - to allow one's morality to be decided by what is legal.

I'll take that deflection as a no then.

• Advertisement

It must be soul-destroying - literally - to allow one's morality to be decided by what is legal.

Meh. The law or what men in frocks say. And being honest, any organisation that says an 11 year old should bear her rapist's twins, and support that child's father in his legal action to prevent an abortion (he was the rapist by the way) and then, after the abortion, which the medic treating the girl felt she needed as she was too small to bear twins, excommunicated the mother and the doctor is not an organisation I would want to take moral guidance from.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

It must be soul-destroying - literally - to allow one's morality be decided by what is legal.

Abortion is illegal in Ireland (special cases notwithstanding) yet I find it to be moral... sorry, what was your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

If they dumped all the videos at once online then it would be impossible to stop it. Wonder why they aren't doing that. Suppose it gives something for their websites to report.

If they dumped all the videos at once online then it would be impossible to stop it. Wonder why they aren't doing that. Suppose it gives something for their websites to report.

Have you watched any of them? There is nothing in them, well, none of the previous ones anyway. As someone said earlier, they are probably releasing them like this just to try to keep the story alive as there is nothing of any substance actually in the videos.

MrP

MrPudding wrote: »
    Have you watched any of them? There is nothing in them, well, none of the previous ones anyway. As someone said earlier, they are probably releasing them like this just to try to keep the story alive as there is nothing of any substance actually in the videos.

MrP
    Some of us don't consider the unmasking of an industry which harvests children to be 'nothing'.

• Advertisement

Some of us don't consider the unmasking of an industry which harvests children to be 'nothing'.

I'd suggest you actually watch what you're posting as the claims of sales of donated foetal tissue hasn't been proven, nevermind the specious claim of 'harvesting children'.

So maybe tone down the hyperbole and try provide a reference to something in the video that goes some way to actually supporting the allegation of foetal tissue sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Harvesting children?? My God, someone should inform the police, get them arrested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

MrP

I watched the first one and saw the whole they get money, therefor it's illegal selling thing. If that's what they released first I doubted the followups would be much better so left it to other people to spend hours watching them and report back anything of note. Assumed people would actually quote relevant parts and times but that has also been lacking.

I'd suggest you actually watch what you're posting as the claims of sales of donated foetal tissue hasn't been proven, nevermind the specious claim of 'harvesting children'.

So maybe tone down the hyperbole and try provide a reference to something in the video that goes some way to actually supporting the allegation of foetal tissue sales.
    Hyperbole:extravagant exaggeration.

I'm not exaggerating, so it can't be your defence.

The tide is slowly turning. I give it twenty to thirty years before a shamed world pours disgust on those now supporting abortion.

"What did you do Grandad, when they were killing the babies?"

The tide is slowly turning. I give it twenty to thirty years before a shamed world pours disgust on those now supporting abortion.

Not engaging in hyperbole? Lets review. You post a video that I presumed was related to the alledged selling of donated foetal tissue.

You're asked for evidence and you reply claiming PP are 'harvesting children'.

That is pretty much a dictionary defintion (as confirmed by your quoted post).

So, once again, any chance of referring to something in the video that possibly proves the allegations of selling of donated foetal tissue?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

back then they put them in septic tanks

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/mass-grave-of-796-babies-found-in-septic-tank-at-catholic-orphanage-in-tuam-galway-30327483.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Well what did you do? Post highly edited videos that are demonstrably false and hold a view that enforced pregnancy is the only option? Unless a woman has a threat to her life in which case killing the babies was fine, grandson.

gctest50 wrote: »
    You do realise that your equivalence is an admission of your guilt?

lazygal wrote: »
    Well what did you do? Post highly edited videos that are demonstrably false and hold a view that enforced pregnancy is the only option? Unless a woman has a threat to her life in which case killing the babies was fine, grandson.
    Not quite. "I gave my time and money to defend children from the baby-killing monsters and to save their mammies from a life of knowing that they killed their own child."

Not quite. "I gave my time and money to defend children from the baby-killing monsters and to save their mammies from a life of knowing that they killed their own child."

O_o

So no abortion when the womans life is in danger? You realise that's extreme even to those that oppose abortion on request.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Or "I participated in continuing a system which explicitly allowed anyone with money to have an abortion for any reason whatsoever while forcing poor and underprivileged women and children to continue their pregnancies even when their health was going to be irreparably damaged by that pregnancy. And when there was never going to be a baby at the end anyway.

Oh, and which didn't count embryo destruction by rich IVF clinics to be the same thing at all, despite us all knowing that that made no sense at all, if life really does begin at fertilization!"

I think your grandchild is going to be shocked at your hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,321 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Meh. The law or what men in frocks say. And being honest, any organisation that says an 11 year old should bear her rapist's twins, and support that child's father in his legal action to prevent an abortion (he was the rapist by the way) and then, after the abortion, which the medic treating the girl felt she needed as she was too small to bear twins, excommunicated the mother and the doctor is not an organisation I would want to take moral guidance from.

MrP

This happened?!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,321 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thirty years? What happened to any day now? :D

I mean, wow, you must have zero faith in that video you just posted.

Overheal wrote: »
    Thirty years? What happened to any day now? :D

I mean, wow, you must have zero faith in that video you just posted.
    How long did it take to abolish slavery?
    Some people can be converted, but with others you just have to wait 'til they shuffle off, taking their bankrupt morality with them.

Overheal wrote: »
    This happened?!

Yeah. A few years ago in South America. I am on my phone, in France and about to run out of battery, I will try to dig up dig up some links for you later.

MrP

Some people can be converted, but with others you just have to wait 'til they shuffle off, taking their bankrupt morality with them.

Like people that spread specious claims in an attempt to get cancer/STI screeening funding withdrawn from an organisation that happens to also provide abortion services? That support the defunding without investigation/due process?

People that support an 11 year old child being forced to carry her rapists child to term?

Those people?

When did they abolish slavery? I'm afraid slavery is alive and well here in Ireland. The moment a woman becomes pregnant her body becomes property of the government, her basic human right of bodily integrity is taken away from her.

If you want to reduce the rate of abortions then banning abortion is not the way to do it (over 160,000 women since 1980 can attest to that), the only viable solution is to reduce the rate of crisis pregnancies.

So how about instead of forcing women to endure a pregnancy they do not want, we help people to not get pregnant in the first place? How about we provide services that focus on educating people on safe sex, the real risks associated with being sexually active and the correct use of contraception, help people to prevent pregnancy until they are ready to become parents.

Now, if only there was some non-profit organisation out there that could help people plan parenthood....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,376 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

robdonn wrote: »
    If you want to reduce the rate of abortions then banning abortion is not the way to do it (over 160,000 women since 1980 can attest to that), the only viable solution is to reduce the rate of crisis pregnancies.

So how about instead of forcing women to endure a pregnancy they do not want, we help people to not get pregnant in the first place? How about we provide services that focus on educating people on safe sex, the real risks associated with being sexually active and the correct use of contraception, help people to prevent pregnancy until they are ready to become parents.

Now, if only there was some non-profit organisation out there that could help people plan parenthood....
    Well, except there is such an organisation in the US - its name is on the tip of my tongue - and yet they have an abortion rate which is massively, massively high.

So it doesn't seem that such activities have the outcome you suggest they should.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Well, except there is such an organisation in the US - its name is on the tip of my tongue - and yet they have an abortion rate which is massively, massively high.

So it doesn't seem that such activities have the outcome you suggest they should.

And what outcome was I suggesting?

• Advertisement

Peregrinus wrote: »

Does that suggest that at all? How are you disentangling the effects of those services from the abortion rate?

Would you argue for the contradiction here? That these services don't have an effect on the abortion rate?
    robdonn wrote: »
    How about we provide services that focus on educating people on safe sex, the real risks associated with being sexually active and the correct use of contraception, help people to prevent pregnancy until they are ready to become parents.

Advertisement