Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctity of Life (Abortion Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

lazygal wrote: »

Thats not too bad, Im sure there are financing options too so you dont need it all at once. If she wants one now she might just have to cut back on a few things, doubt she would get enough from selling tissue anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,806 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

credoie wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity. Are there ANY pro-life mods??

At this point I begin to wonder if I don't motivate your question; I'm not a moderator of this forum. I only moderate Ranting and Raving, and Conspiracy Theories. If you have a problem with any posts you see, especially if you think they violate any of the Site-wide or forum-specific rules, there is a Report Post function for each post (report.gif), under the author's username. A moderator of this forum will then respectively get those reports and take any appropriate actions. Ultimately I'm not sure what your rationale is for continuing to ask that question. No moderator of this forum has self-identified as Pro-Life in this discussion and any external moderators such as myself (Pro-Life or otherwise), are ordinary users in this forum with no power to delete, edit, move, merge, ban, card, or warn. We can only dodge duck dip dive and dodge like mere mortals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭credoie

Overheal wrote: »
    At this point I begin to wonder if I don't motivate your question; I'm not a moderator of this forum. I only moderate Ranting and Raving, and Conspiracy Theories. If you have a problem with any posts you see, especially if you think they violate any of the Site-wide or forum-specific rules, there is a Report Post function for each post , under the author's username. A moderator of this forum will then respectively get those reports and take any appropriate actions. Ultimately I'm not sure what your rationale is for continuing to ask that question. No moderator of this forum has self-identified as Pro-Life in this discussion and any external moderators such as myself, are ordinary users in this forum with no power to delete, edit, move, merge, ban, card, or warn. We can only dodge duck dip dive and dodge like mere mortals.

Why is it not possible to know a moderators views on something? I have gone over all this thread and there isn't one single pro-life comment from any moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

credoie wrote: »
    Why is it not possible to know a moderators views on something? I have gone over all this thread and there isn't one single pro-life comment from any moderator.

Moderators, like anyone else who posts on these forums, are at liberty to divulge as much and as little information about their personal views as they would like.

Unfortunately it appears that credoie's short stay at Boards has come to an abrupt, but not surprising, end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,548 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

robdonn wrote: »
    Unfortunately it appears that credoie's short stay at Boards has come to an abrupt, but not surprising, end.

something tells me we haven't seen the last of him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

something tells me we haven't seen the last of him/her.
    Yeah, something told me we hadn't really seen the first of him either, at least not with that name...

MrP

On the contrary I assume they just decided to flip the table and close the book on this place because the conversation did not fit their narrative.

How Planned Parenthood Reacted To Boehner Stepping Down
    His unexpected announcement appears to be the result of growing pressure from his fellow congressional Republicans to defund the women’s health organization during budget negotiations to avert a looming government shutdown. But Boehner indicated that he would rather compromise on Planned Parenthood funding than risk another shutdown under his watch. As a growing number of GOP lawmakers called for his removal, he stepped down.

The organization itself, which has been under fire for months thanks to a video campaign accusing its employees of selling aborted baby parts, applauded his work: “While John Boehner was never a champion of women’s health in this country, even he recognized that defunding Planned Parenthood wasn’t what the American people wanted,” said Dawn Laguens, Executive Vice President of Planned Parenthood Action Fund, in a press release.

‘Women must decide their fate’: Thousands attend pro-choice march
    THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE have attended the fourth annual pro-choice march in Dublin city today.

I have to say, one of my favourite signs read:

Girls just want to have fundamental human rights.

CP1op_LYWc_AAqa6_E.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I was on the march. My gut tells me I'll need to go on a lot more before the constitution has more say over my uterus than I do.

"It's uter-US not uter-YOU." - Homer Simpson

‘Women must decide their fate’: Thousands attend pro-choice march

I have to say, one of my favourite signs read:

Girls just want to have fundamental human rights.

CP1op_LYWc_AAqa6_E.jpg

Wow. Good turnout. That looks like about a million people. Well done all.

MrP

MrPudding wrote: »
    Wow. Good turnout. That looks like about a million people. Well done all.

MrP

I'd say it's more like 2 million people, but the mainstream media are claiming 10,000. Typical!

I'd say it's more like 2 million people, but the mainstream media are claiming 10,000. Typical!

Typically anti-choice media bias.

MrP

For a laugh, look up million man march. The national park service no longer volunteers to count crowd numbers anymore as result :rolleyes:

Overheal wrote: »
    For a laugh, look up million man march. The national park service no longer volunteers to count crowd numbers anymore as result :rolleyes:

It's like the 'One Million Moms' group, about 3,000 on Twitter and I believe it's around 7,000 on Facebook. Hard to tell now because they've made the group private (or deleted it).

There were definitely10,487,432.098 people at the march .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

It's funny how the sea of heads doesn't get progressively more grey as it goes back. It's almost _almost_ as if they didn't have to shove the minority of the crowd that's under 30 up the front for a photo op

There were definitely10,487,432.098 people at the march .

Were there a lot of foetuses there?

• Advertisement

No PP got to them first. The pro choice biased media wouldn't tell you that though.

Eh, I think you'll find a foetus is actually counted as roughly 1.5 people for most intents and purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Eh, I think you'll find a foetus is actually counted as roughly 1.5 people for most intents and purposes

1.5 women, not people.

1.5 women, not people.

I'm always getting mixed up between women and people. Typical woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

I'm always getting mixed up between women and people. Typical woman!

When in doubt, ask a man or a priest.

Kev W wrote: »
    When in doubt, ask a man or a priest.

Or Breda O'Brien or Cora Sherlock.

Or Breda O'Brien or Cora Sherlock.

Not "or", Breda O'Brien and Cora Sherlock. Combined, their opinion is just about equal to that of a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Where Black Menorca or similar when you need him/her/them eh?

frag420 wrote: »
    Where Black Menorca or similar when you need him/her/them eh?

Site banned. Possibly, I suspect, not for the first time.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

MrPudding wrote: »
    Site banned. Possibly, I suspect, not for the first time.

MrP

I read that wrong for a sec and assumed I was site banned for talking about ex members!

Phew!!

Advertisement